We stayed at Coco Key on January 22- I was a little nervous about driving with the weather as snowy as it has been, but I couldn’t resist the price – the package was the room plus 4 passes to enter the water park, and it was about the same price as 4 day passes would have been! I don’t think they run this special often, so get on the mailing list. And the weather was very cold – but no snow thank goodness! We were traveling with 2 adults and 3 children ages 3, 9 and 10.
I received an e-mail the day before telling me that our room would NOT be ready until 4 pm, so I was thrilled to find our room ready at 1:30 when we got there! Check-in was a breeze and the staff was very friendly.
We got to stow our stuff in our room on the 3rd floor and change and go to the water park. I got a locker for $6.50 which you can charge to your room – Ionly because I had my camera and didn’t want to have to carry it around. Just too lazy to run all the way back up to our room. It was worth it, I got great photos!
We mostly did the Adventure River and the Parrot’s Perch slides, none of the kids wanted to do the bigger slides, they were the only ones that had lines. The little one just loved the dip-in theatre, he had a ball! I saw a lot of the bigger kids there really enjoy the coral reef cavern with the basketball nets, but we didn’t get a chance to try it. We stayed at the park from 2pm –5 pm, and had lunch there – it was pricey – about 30.00 for burgers, hotdogs and drinks but worth it for the convenience. I read other reviews saying it was cold – I didn’t notice any cold spots, even with the temps outside at 17 degrees! Of course the air feels colder when you get out of the water, that’s what towels are for!
The room was very comfortable and quiet – I expected it to be a bit noisy because the hotel had sold a lot of rooms with this package, but we had NO noise on our floor. The beds were amazingly comfortable, the shower was great and nice amenities. They even brought us extra coffee for the coffee maker in the morning when we requested it. We drove to a nearby Friendly’s for dinner, which the kids loved, then went back to the park and stayed until 9:30 when they closed. Everyone had a fabulous time! We had the option of using our passes the next day but I had plans so we didn’t take advantage of it. All in all we had an awesome time, and plan on going back soon!
· Big spacious park, doesn’t seem crowded even when full
· Lifeguards are very attentive, and don’t allow horseplay
· Great room up to Marriot standards
· Some parents think the waterpark is a day care- there was a 4 year old little girl at Parrot’s Perch that continuously tried to climb up the slide the wrong way dragging a soaking towel around for over an hour with no parent in sight. I felt bad for the lifeguard that had to keep asking her to get off the slide so the other kids could come down.
· The staff at the concession stand is extremely slow – we waited 20 minutes for our food with only a few people in front of us, they had a bad attitude and didn’t seem to care.
· Don’t let your kids play with the remote for the TV, it is very easy for them to rent shows and games without realizing what they are doing – my daughter bought 2 shows we didn’t even watch before I noticed what she was doing, and when I called the staff said they could only cancel one.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.