“bring your hand warmers”

Coco Key Water Resort
Reviewed November 29, 2010

For the second time we went to Coco Key on Thanksgiving. Last year we froze, the water temp was way too cold and the air temp was cold. We inquired about it and were told the temp was 85 inside ( that was an obvious lie) I wrote to Mariott since we stayed at the hotel and were given complimentary passes, so once again this year we tried again, and once again, every kid there had blue lips and was wrapped in a towel, the temp was maybe 73 to 75 and the water temp was too cold for an indoor water park. We asked the manager to turn up to water and air temp and got the ok, but of course they didn't do it. It must cost too much money for them to have the appropriate temp. We went to Wolf Park in the Poconos 3 years ago, of course it is ridiculously expensive, but an awewome park and it's "hot" inside, you aren't cold the second you get out of the water, it was a blast.....but very expensive and from Bucks County a long drive. Save your money and dont go to Coco Key at least not in the winter, maybe it's better in the summer

1  Thank odietrish

Reviewed November 2, 2010

We've been to Coco Key 3 times and the kids beg to go back! (Ages 6-12) It is a great treat in cold weather! We have also invited other families and everyone has had a wonderful time!!! Not one child was bored and that made it relaxing for the adults!
It's not Great Wolf Lodge, but it's Great Coco Key!
Lifeguards are very attentive, climate is nice and warm. Slides, lazy river, basketball pool - great! Kiddie area is also lots of Fun!
As for the Hot Tub - Kids should not be in a hot tub - it is Not Safe!

Yes, it's a bit pricey -- but is also a great Fun Family Day! A Real Treat!
Yes, customer service needs help!
Yes, the food also needs help! - Pizza Hut $$$$. Wish it was better. (We bring snacks)
Yes, there's a lot of chlorine (but think of the alternative - Yuk!)

Reviewed October 10, 2010

I've been to Coco Key several times and my kids always enjoy themselves. I haven't had any issues with huge crowds or rowdy kids. The staff has always been polite and professional. I agree that it is overpriced, but I'd rather spend the money on an active day than sitting in a movie theater for a couple of hours. This is a full day of fun, and we will definitely return.

3  Thank cbg0973
Reviewed September 19, 2010

What a dump! Don't even bother to waste your money. I came here with my 3 boys (10, 6 and 5) and they were all bored within an hour. We went to the room and it was beyond disgusting. There was a pile of vomit in the hallway that we noticed and when we left the next morning...it was still there. I thought this place would be similar to great wolf lodge...so not even close. I could have taken my kids to a local park with sprinklers and it would have been better. Dirty and gross!!!

7  Thank jjf3b
Reviewed July 18, 2010

Have you seen that show Gangland on the History Channel? Well, CoCo keys NJ is where the gang members bring their kids. This place is seriously ghetto, dirty, and I am pretty sure that you can pay with food stamps. I looked at the website and it looked great, so we bought the tickets online so we did not have to wait in line. When we got there we waited anyway. There was no line, but we still waited 10 min as the same person who runs the crapy arcade runs the front desk (it was Sunday at 1pm). As soon as we got there I regretted it. It was dirty, noisy, crowded, and the clientele was ghetto.

Also, the place is TINY and outdated. There are no rides for adults, and the stuff they had for small kids was basic. The have a lazy pool, but you can only go around once and then get off. They have a pool with a basket ball hoop, but it was tiny (just bigger then a hot tub) and all the kids in there were fighting to use the space. There are no open swimming pools just to swim.

Save your money and time.

P.S. I forgot to mention, everything is expensive there (food, games, etc). We paid $6 for a locker rental (plus tax)

12  Thank Acphilly10