“Overpriced and *COLD*”

Coco Key Water Resort
Reviewed April 18, 2010

While my husband was on a business trip, I took my children (5 and 8) to CoCo Key for a mini-vacation -- we were to spend the day at the waterpark and then spend the night at the hotel. We got there about 3:00 and it was already packed -- super noisy, all chairs and tables taken, no lockers left, tubes and life jackets strewn all over the place, bigger kids pushing their way onto the slides. The two biggest cons, though, were the fact that there is really no place for kids to swim, and, even though it was packed with people, it was very, very cold (this was in mid-April, too). I doubt that it was even 80 degrees in there, and the water was tepid, too. We were only there an hour before my 5-year-old was shaking uncontrollably and had blue lips. We couldn't wait to get back into the hotel room and under the warm shower water! Once we were upstairs, neither child wanted to go back down into the park, which is saying a lot about how uncomfortable they were, as they can spend all day at a swimming pool.

1  Thank LWaldron

Reviewed April 14, 2010

Coco Key Indoor waterpark in Mount Laurel, N.J. is a great place to take kids. There is a lot for them to do and fun for adults too. I especially enjoyed the large water slides! There is a lazy river, a pool with basketball hoops, a whirlpool for adults that has access to the outside, and a huge are for kids of all ages from 1 and up. There is also a little ship area for smaller children that shows a movie! There is also an arcade! We spent one night over night and the rooms were very nice, and spacious. They came stocked with all the essentials, and the one problem we had was fixed in 5 minutes. (And someone called to make sure it was taken care of). There is also a restuarant right in the hotel. We are already planning another over night trip for next month. Friendly staff, fun for kids and adults = GREAT TIME!

Reviewed April 5, 2010

I took my son(8) and my goddaughter (11) to the resort over spring break vacation. It was raining the whole time we were there. Which worked in our favor bc it was 84 degrees inside!!!!!

I booked the Swim like a Fish package which included tickets to Adventure Aquarium and 2 $10 voucher for the game room in addition to the 2 nights and 3 day waterpark/hotel package.

After reading some of the reviews I was concerned bc the last trip we did was to Great Wolf Lodge and I wasn't sure how it would compare. I didn;t have to worry the kids had a ball and so did I!

The kids liked:
The three slides (older and adventurous parents would love this also)
The lazy River
The basketball pool
The Adventure Aquarium(EXCELLENT AQUARIUM) nice day trip and a little break fom all the water. Of course when we came back they stayed at the water park until closing!!! :-)
The Game Room (according to my son the prizes suck, I agree, lol)

I liked:
The early check in (12:00pm)
The Lifeguards were attentive and excellent (especially the supervisor, who constantly monitored the lifeguards and provided training, kudos to him)
The Adventure Aquarium (Excellent, the hotel provided great written directions and it really is only 20 minutes away from the hotel)
Nice size rooms and comfortable beds
They serve adult drinks (alcoholic beverages)
Free refills on drinks (soda)
Adult only hot tub spa
They are not strict about bringing in snacks (although I wouldn't be obvious about it)

Two night and three days is enough you really don't need more than that. Everyone was very friendly and it wasn't too crowded. Mid-day is when it most crowded. Early morning and after five it's less people.

Children under eight would also love this place. They have their own pool upstairs and downstairs there is slides and other fun things for them.

Overall an excellent place for an affordable child friendly mini vacation.

Tips:
Wear a swimsuit, it is hot in there.......I felt no cold spots
Bring your own snacks and drinks
If your staying overnight, eat elsewhere, Be prepared to do those jug handled turns when dining out
Bring your own towel
Adults: there is no adult swimming pool

Reviewed April 4, 2010

At first I was sceptical about coming here because a co-worker of mine said that it was a bit small and disappointing. Plus there are the negative reviews that sometimes people write that might through you off as well.
From the moment our family checked in to the Marriot in Mt. Laurel, we were extremely pleased. Our room was top of the line and the water park was PERFECT for our family. It wasn't too big, but yet had something for EVERYONE. I loved it so much that we will definitely be back again.

1  Thank TwinParents
Reviewed February 23, 2010

We went to Co Co Key with 3 families with children from Toddlers to teen agers. Everyone had a great time. The staff is VERY friendly and very well trained as lifeguards. We felt very safe. The three large slides were lots of fun and the playgrounds for the kids are very colorful and well designed. I see some people complain that kids were not allowed in the hot tub. Kids should not be in any hot tub anywhere, it is dangerous for them.
The only negatives were that the park seemed occasionally cold, almost as if there were certain parts of the park that were always warm and some were always cold. The lazy river doesnt open till 4pm, which I thought was wierd. The food and bar service doesnt start till 1230 despite the park opens at ten am. So bring your own coffee. Music by the bar was frequently too loud and the speakers were blown (very fuzzy annoying bass reverb). I could live with all the negative especially since all the kids had such a great time.