“Excellent Place for an Affordable Mini Vacation”

Coco Key Water Resort
Brooklyn, NY
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Excellent Place for an Affordable Mini Vacation”
Reviewed April 5, 2010

I took my son(8) and my goddaughter (11) to the resort over spring break vacation. It was raining the whole time we were there. Which worked in our favor bc it was 84 degrees inside!!!!!

I booked the Swim like a Fish package which included tickets to Adventure Aquarium and 2 $10 voucher for the game room in addition to the 2 nights and 3 day waterpark/hotel package.

After reading some of the reviews I was concerned bc the last trip we did was to Great Wolf Lodge and I wasn't sure how it would compare. I didn;t have to worry the kids had a ball and so did I!

The kids liked:
The three slides (older and adventurous parents would love this also)
The lazy River
The basketball pool
The Adventure Aquarium(EXCELLENT AQUARIUM) nice day trip and a little break fom all the water. Of course when we came back they stayed at the water park until closing!!! :-)
The Game Room (according to my son the prizes suck, I agree, lol)

I liked:
The early check in (12:00pm)
The Lifeguards were attentive and excellent (especially the supervisor, who constantly monitored the lifeguards and provided training, kudos to him)
The Adventure Aquarium (Excellent, the hotel provided great written directions and it really is only 20 minutes away from the hotel)
Nice size rooms and comfortable beds
They serve adult drinks (alcoholic beverages)
Free refills on drinks (soda)
Adult only hot tub spa
They are not strict about bringing in snacks (although I wouldn't be obvious about it)

Two night and three days is enough you really don't need more than that. Everyone was very friendly and it wasn't too crowded. Mid-day is when it most crowded. Early morning and after five it's less people.

Children under eight would also love this place. They have their own pool upstairs and downstairs there is slides and other fun things for them.

Overall an excellent place for an affordable child friendly mini vacation.

Tips:
Wear a swimsuit, it is hot in there.......I felt no cold spots
Bring your own snacks and drinks
If your staying overnight, eat elsewhere, Be prepared to do those jug handled turns when dining out
Bring your own towel
Adults: there is no adult swimming pool

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Best Spring Break Vacation for Families w/ Small Children”
Reviewed April 4, 2010

At first I was sceptical about coming here because a co-worker of mine said that it was a bit small and disappointing. Plus there are the negative reviews that sometimes people write that might through you off as well.
From the moment our family checked in to the Marriot in Mt. Laurel, we were extremely pleased. Our room was top of the line and the water park was PERFECT for our family. It wasn't too big, but yet had something for EVERYONE. I loved it so much that we will definitely be back again.

1 Thank TwinParents
Brooklyn, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Great Time”
Reviewed February 23, 2010

We went to Co Co Key with 3 families with children from Toddlers to teen agers. Everyone had a great time. The staff is VERY friendly and very well trained as lifeguards. We felt very safe. The three large slides were lots of fun and the playgrounds for the kids are very colorful and well designed. I see some people complain that kids were not allowed in the hot tub. Kids should not be in any hot tub anywhere, it is dangerous for them.
The only negatives were that the park seemed occasionally cold, almost as if there were certain parts of the park that were always warm and some were always cold. The lazy river doesnt open till 4pm, which I thought was wierd. The food and bar service doesnt start till 1230 despite the park opens at ten am. So bring your own coffee. Music by the bar was frequently too loud and the speakers were blown (very fuzzy annoying bass reverb). I could live with all the negative especially since all the kids had such a great time.

New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't even think about it”
Reviewed February 12, 2010

I just went today to Co Co key. Here are some reasons why.

- Very Humid area and kids are not aloud in the Hot Tub (This is outside for fresh air)
- Gets very boring, very fast.
- The staff is very strict and greedy.
- COST $35 and got bored after the first hour!!!

1 Thank tom82097
Long Island, NY
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Big Family Splash on New Year's Eve”
Reviewed January 1, 2010

We were three families of four with children (Plainview, NY) of similar ages ranging from 9 to 12. A few months ago we had booked the New Year's Eve Family Splash Bash package, added one extra night for only $99.00 and enjoyed the Coco Key Water Resort commencing at 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday, December 30th. It took us only two hours with no traffic, our rooms were ready upon arrival and we were very impressed with the quality, condition and cleanliness of the rooms, common areas and water park. The very large rooms included a 40" flat screen TV, thermostat controlled heating, updated bathrooms and plenty of closet and drawer space.

In the Coco Key Water Resort there were many very well trained, diligent and friendly lifeguards throughout the park, which caused the adults relax and enjoy themselves. The life guards also closely monitored the large "adult only" indoor/outdoor hot tub/jacuzzi and quietly escorted children from this area, who continiously tried to sneak a quick dip in the very hot and relaxing waters. The air temperature was consistently kept at a hot and humid 84 degrees, which made you forget that it was winter, snowing and 28 degrees outside. I really felt that I was away on vacation on a Carribean island. The complimentary towels were kind of small, but they gave you more when requested. There was never a shortage of tubes for the lazy river and sometimes there was a small wait to get a tube for the water slides. Considering that the water park was SOLD OUT for New Year's Eve, we thought the park was not that crowded and the lines moved quickly.

The New Year's Eve festivities really exceeded all of our expectations! The delicious dinner (6pm - 8:30 pm) included two carving stations (turkey & roast beef), two pasta stations, a mexican taco station with help yourself toppings, Asian stir fry wok station, cesaer salad station, vegetables/cheese/crackers/dip station, etc. All of the stations were backed up with uniformed servers. My only complaint is that there was not a "starting point" in the buffet line, which caused everyone to "cut" in front of someone in order to enter the buffet line. No one seemed to care and everyone worked together in harmony with this minor management oversight. There was also an extensive delicious childrens buffet area (mac and cheese, chicken fingers, french fries, corn kernels, hot dogs), which a lot of adults had in addition to the main buffet. For beverages, everyone helped themselves to the unlimited soda fountain machine and there was also a cash bar, but I didn't see that much action at the bar area. At 9:00 p.m., a very elaborate buffet dessert was served until 11:30 p.m., of the kind and quality that you would find at a moderately priced wedding. Finally, at around 11:30 p.m., they passed out sparkling apple cider in plastic champange glasses - a nice touch to end 2009 and to welcome in 2010.

At 8:00 pm, a talented DJ began playing all the right tunes and line dances until 12:30 a.m., when all 700 of us counted down together as we watched the ball drop from Times Square on a very large projection screen. Hats and noise makers were passed out to all and there was even a balloon artist blowing and twisting his creations for all the children.

On New Year's day we enjoyed a full American breakfast buffet in the Grand Ballroom of the Marriott. It was your typical standard breakfast choices plus a hot oatmeal station with all of the usual toppings (i.e., brown sugar, raisins).

We would definitely recommend Coco Key Water Resort and the Mt. Laurel Marriott for a two day family get away any time of the year.

4 Thank sawcpm