“Just OK”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Just OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

We came here after dropping our son at school in Philadelphia Labor Day Weekend. Our daughters are 9 & 12 and this park was a good choice for them. The park is not big and perfect for families with younger kids. Everywhere you look their are lifeguards which is great. There are three larger slides for the adults and older kids, however when we were there only 2 were open on Friday and one was open Saturday and Sunday. This was very frustrating. There were no towels to be found at all either. The bathrooms were filthy the entire weekend with no paper towels, dirty curtains on the showers and changing rooms and filthy floors. To top it off, on Sunday before we left my husband and I were sitting in the food area, watching our girls swim for a few hours before we left and two large roaches scurried right by us on the table. GROSS!!!!! I did bring these concerns to the management's attention. The hotel was also just Ok and not affiliated with a brand, it needs some help. The rooms were clean, however more attention to detail is needed and the double rooms only have full size beds. Hallways were littered with food, furniture was chipped, etc. We probably would not return to the hotel with so many others in the area.

Visited September 2012
3 Thank Lara B

Montclair, New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

I had a conference in Mt. Laurel so I figured I would let my teenagers go to the waterpark while I went to my conference. When we arrived we first went to the restaurant in the hotel lobby- fabulous, quaint, high- end quality. Our room was also very nice, as expected from the Marriot. The next day when I went to my conference and I was tired by four p.m. , but my children insisted I join them at the waterpark. They loved it. Granted, we had never been to an indoor waterpark, so it was fun. I thought the decor was a bit over the top, but there is lots to do ( in one day). There is even a hot tub. The food is totally fast food, but hey it's a waterpark. I did notice ( and I'm black) that most people there seemed to be lower middle- class. My daughters told me they didn't notice all the over weight and/ or tatooed people, so I stopped being a snob and enjoyed the waterslides, etc. with them. The next morning I went to the Marriot's pool which was more private and clean and more upscale. If you want high- end, this is not the place, with its lockers for your things at the waterpark. If you want a bargain and fun wherein the kids will emjoy themselves, have at it. It's not exclusive, but you get what you pay for.

Visited October 2011
2 Thank njtraveler042
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“It was nice”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

The kids enjoyed it a lot but it was a bit small though? We have visited the park twice and will probably go back again

Croydon, Pa
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“A big disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

I was really looking forward to taking our three grandchildren to Coco Key Water Park. It certainly is not inexpensive. I spent $150 for the five of us to go. When I spend this amount of money, I really expect everything to be running. Out of three slides, only one was operating. The water basketball was also closed. As the park is not large, this left the acquatic jungle gym which is fun, but primarily for the very young, lily pad adventure and the lazy river. The body slide we were told was undergoing maintenance. Should this not be done off hours? We were also told that several of the attractions were disrupted because of a thunder storm. I could understand this, but why were some rides able to run and others could not. Miraculously, at 3:00 p.m. when it was getting more crowded, everything came online. This leads me to believe that because the resort was relatively uncrowded during the day, they did not run everything. If this is true, you should get a discounted rate. I did speak with a manager about this. While he did sympathize, he did not offer any assistance or suggestions.

You should also be aware of how expensive food is here. You cannot bring in outside food. We purchased three hot dogs, one order of chicken fingers, mozzerella sticks and five drinks. It was $56. The mozzerella sticks were so over-cooked that there were holes in the breading, and all the cheese had leaked out. It was a hollow shell. They did replace them when I showed them the problem.

I have taken my grandchildren to other water parks, and Coco Key has a real problem with moving kids on and off rides. There really is no queue. Because of this, you have all kinds of cutting in line problems. At other water parks, there is generally a life guard at the bottom of the slide to assist the kids getting off the tubes, and handing the tube to the next in line. Not here. You have kids never transferring the tube to someone else, and just going back up the slide again and again. There are not all that many tubes, so this is a problem. The same problem exists with the lazy river. Not enough tubes for the amount of people waiting, plus lots of people pushing ahead of you while you are waiting.

I hate writing these kinds of reviews. It really could be a great place, if they just paid more attention to customer service and detail. Sahara Sam's is much better run, larger and gives you more bang for the buck.

All this being said, my grandchildren did love the Parrot's Perch water gym and the Lily Pad Adventure.

4 Thank Maclinda50
Toms River, New Jersey
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Not what I hoped, but not terrible. Left me confused”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

I wanted to get away for one night with my 3 yr old son and 8.5 months pregnant wife so I wanted something with convenience and not in the sun. I was trying to avoid my wife having to walk alot and being hot in the sun. Personally, I dont see the point of an indoor water park as oppossed to an outside one- but it was something different to do. I booked for one night, Saturday to Sunday. After reading the previous reviews, I came to the conclusion that everyone had different experiences so it meant that the place was inconsistant. With that said, I took my chances since we only live an hour away- if it was that bad, I would just come home.
We arrived Saturday morning at 11am. Our room was ready and there was not one person in the lobby, I literally was there 4 minutes. Checked right in. The room was fine- clean, comfortable bed and nice bathroom. The TV is flat screen however, it is analog and the picture is terrible. so dont get excited when you see the TV. We stayed on the 8th floor, to be away from the noise of people in and out of the water park. so we didnt experience any noise. I did see a few black hairs on the bathroom floor and since we are all blonde, it definitely wasnt ours. Our room did not have a fridge but when we came home that evening from dinner, I asked the front desk if we could get one and literally within 15 minutes, they had someone at our room door with one.
The outside pool- this is where I got confused. The room and hotel so far was great. The outside pool was absolutely disgusting. It took us 6 lounge chairs to get to one that was not broken. The pool area was filthy. The pool water was cloudy, things floating in it- including pieces of hair weaves, used bandaids and overall just gross. I had to take my son out of it, which was a nitemare because he doesent understand why I didnt want him in there.
The parking lot- garbage everywhere. I am not exaggerating.
The water park- very small, but perfect for younger kids. Any kids over 10-12 will be bored in 2 hours. The slam dunk pool- so gross. The water was just dirty with things foating in it. The lazy river was ok. The parrot perch was the cleanest of the attractions. Every time I went to get towels- there were none out. I had to find someone. They have tons of lifeguards around, but i never once saw anyone there cleaning up. Parents let there children run around everywhere so I had to take my son on everything just so he didnt knocked over. Saturday was extremely packed but sunday morning the place was empty. But i went into the bathroom sunday morning at 10am and it was filthy - soiled diapers and gross so that means the bathroom was never cleaned overnight.
Overall the staff were all outstanding. The hotel and the room were clean and up to date. The water park - I have no desire to ever go back because I found it to be dirty. The property outside was very dirty and the pool was gross. It's confusing because you have a wonderful staff, a nice room/hotel but anything outside of that was dirty. It could be so much better but unfortunately it has to be bad management if a bathroom wasnt cleaned over night or the pool area looks like a garbage dump

5 Thank lkd703