“Better than Expected”

Coco Key Water Resort
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Took a chance on this place and was delightfully surprised. My wife and our two young children (Age 3 and 5) stayed at the ML Hotel attached to the water park. We purchased a one night stay at the hotel and a two day water park pass package. The cost was $189.00. We planned to arrive on a Thursday and I discovered only after booking the trip that the water park did not open until 4pm on Thursdays and closed at 8pm. This was discouraging, but we took a day trip into Philly and hit the Please Touch Museum in the morning and then checked into the ML at 3:30 and hit the park at 4:00. as I previously mentioned, it was a Thursday, and this is probably why the place was completely dead. There were probably four or five other families in the park the whole time. This alone made up for the late opening. Overall, the water park was clean and enjoyable. I had read some reviews on tripadvisor and was worried, but the water was not cold as some people had mentioned. I found their to be plenty of lifeguards and all of them seemed to be very attentive. The food was mediocre and what I would expect from an amusement park. The food was a little bit pricey, but not unreasonable. They even had a bar and at $3 for a draft beer who could complain about that? The water slides and shallow pools were ideal for my two young children. I didnt use the water park pass the next day (Friday) because the park did not open up until 3:30pm on that day. The late opening times during the week were the only downside to my trip, however the pay off was having the place almost to ourselves because it was a weeknight. I cannot attest to what the place would be like on a busy weekend day, but as for a weekday this place was a home run and for the price which included the hotel stay, I would recommend it to families wih young children

2  Thank jerseytravelr22

Reviewed February 10, 2012

The waterpark was perfect for kids..everything was closed in and not too overwhelming. The arcade room was cute also.

I wasn't too happy with the hotel rooms though. They were dreary and dirty looking.

The next time I will go to the waterpark but stay at another hotel.

Reviewed January 25, 2012

Has some nice water slides and a surfing pool too. Not the biggest place, but kids ages 4-13 will have a blast for a day.

1  Thank Alan S
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Dont get me wrong it is fun but there really isnt enough to keep the kids entertained for more then a few hours. The inside of CoCo Key is well kept, they have nice bathroom facilities and lots of staff around so you feel safe not being able to see your kids every moment. But u need to plan on bringing your own food, the food is very overpriced for the amount and quality. or do the half day passes and eat before or after.

2  Thank CampbellCrew4
Reviewed January 18, 2012

We visited the Coco Key attraction at Mt. Laurel, NJ on a Saturday with our two sons, ages 5 & 8 for a weekend getaway. We purchased the hotel, attraction, and breakfast package which cost $300 for the four of us for one night's stay at the ML Hotel, formerly a Marriott. Very overpriced for the services you receive. To review, the attraction, Coco Key is a nice indoor water park that is good for kids ages ten and under but not ideal for teens. Recommend that you bring your own towels as the ones provided are small and hard to come by. To get the most of your time there, recommend you get there when they open so you can secure a place to sit as it fills up quickly and seating becomes hard to come by. Or go later in day as we found that after 6pm, the park begins to empty out and there was no lines to wait on and plenty of places to sit. The food stand is ok, your standard attraction type food,quality and prices serving chicken fingers, pizza, etc. Expect to wait, as lines for food could be long as there is only one food stand with two order takers. For the adults, there is a bar with plenty of TV's to watch the football game, etc. The bathrooms, and locker rooms were clean and appeared to be well kept. As for the hotel stay, service is slow and limited. While our room was neat and in good order, details were missed as we were not provided any soap for the bathroom. We had a sleeper sofa in our room that required blankets and pillows and had to wait on the phone for almost 15 minutes before someone picked up the phone. Once we got through, services sent the blanket and pillows in little time. As for the restaurant and breakfast package, DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER, as the restaurant appeared to be understaffed to handle even a few patrons for dinner around 8:30pm. After being seated, in took well over 15 minutes to get our drink order and almost 45 minutes to an hour to receive our potato chip appetizer. By the time our dinner arrived, almost an hour and a half had pasted, our 5 year old had fallen asleep and they didn't even bring the complete order out stating they were backed up on the chicken finger orders for the kids. Inexcusable, the kids orders should have been the first items to come out. As for breakfast which was included in our package, we arrived at the restaurant at 10am and what a disaster! Unbussed tables all over the place, angry patrons and was told it would be a 45 minute wait. We promptly went to the front desk and asked for a refund for our breakfast portion of the package which they handled quickly and without any delay. We went to a local Perkins that knows how to handle patrons and move them in and out quickly. We had a wonderful server there and the breakfast was excellent with minimum wait despite being very busy.

1  Thank rcsaltydog