“Clean and Convenient” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Wakefield, Rhode Island, United States
“Clean and Convenient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2014

I grew up in Westmont, NJ and frequented the Cherry Hill Mall after it was first built in the 60s. I live in RI now, but every summer, we take a trip to the Jersey Shore. The Mt. Laurel Super 8 is our first stop for one night. The beds are super comfy, the room is spotless, the desk clerks invariably pleasant and helpful. We like to eat breakfast at a NJ diner. although the SAGE is right across the street, don't go there. We like to travel the White Horse Pike to Brigantine, so we save our appetites for the Silver Coin Diner in Hammonton. The Super 8 provides us convenient acces to the NJ Turnpike, should we want it, is right off Exit 4 for on the NJ Turnpike (really, right off!), and allows me to run over to Cherry Hill Mall for a little reminiscing. It is not a long term stay place with lots of amenities, but for what it is designed to be, it is first rate! if you want authentic Chinese food (not Americanized!) , try the Jade Garden across the highway, and about a mile south. The name may be ordinary, but the food is not. Enjoy!

Room Tip: I like the first floor. Convenient for someone with mobility problems. Corridors not too long, and...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Super 8 Mount Laurel, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Welcome home to NJ, Celest! Just a few miles from the Cherry Hill Mall, we are glad to be your hotel of choice for your annual summer at the shore trip! I'm glad that our location was perfect for your shopping needs and provides easy access to the highway for safe travels to Brigantine. We are a little bummed that you didn't partake in our SuperStart Breakfast, but we do understand the need to hit up a diner when in NJ. Afterall, NJ is the diner capital! Also, our super friendly front desk agents can always recommend a great place for dining out if you are not familiar with the area, and Jade Spice is one of our favorites! Thank you for your amazing review, we are extremely happy that we provided super service in a great location at a decent rate for your NJ trip. Can't wait to see you again next year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2014

For a one nighter, it was fine. When we got to the room, there was no hot water. We went to visit a bit of downtown Philadelphia, which was fine. I would not stay there a week. The room was big, clean and tidy. The receptionist was friendly. The parking was free. The breakfast the next day was OK. For the price we paid, it did the job).

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Super 8 Mount Laurel, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Thank you for your kind comments and thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent Philadelphia visit. I do apologize for the lack of hot water upon your arrival to your guestroom, but I'm glad that our maintenance team was able to quickly fix this so that you could enjoy your large, tidy room. I am happy to read about your great feedback regarding our amazing staff and overall I am glad that our hotel was a satisfactory stop on your city trip at a great price.
Meadows Of Dan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2014

Stayed at this Super 8, Mount Laurel, NJ in August 2014 and rate it as Excellent. Great location with easy access just off Jersey Turnpike, with very good rates, and even though arriving in the early, very early, morning hours, staff was courteous and helpful. Parking lot was well-lit. Has very good truck parking. Check-in was quick and efficient, as was check-out. My room and bathroom was super clean, sheets were clean, bed was comfortable, and AC, TV, remote and lights worked perfectly. Did not get to try the breakfast. This Super 8 would be my first choice of a place to stay if I am in this area again, and I would definitely recommend it to my family and friends.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank DougLMeadowsOfDan
Doug, We are thrilled that you had a super stay! At the Super 8 Mount Laurel our whole team enjoys making our guests comfortable any time they check in! I am so glad that you found our hotel to be easily accessible from the highway with great customer service and cleanliness. Best wishes for super safe travels and keep us in mind when you're in the area again. Like you said, we've got plenty of truck parking for you!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

We got highs and lows at this hotel. They did not get our special demand of a roller bed. So we had to ask for it at our arrival but the mattress was so old that we could feel all the springs in it. The breakfast area was messy and I had to ask for the microwave to be cleaned. The breakfast area is a little small. Choice of food at the breakfast is OK. But if you expect meat and eggs, there's some breakfast burger for sale (they're not included in the free breakfast). They're not free. The personnel was kind and very helpful. I didn't meet anybody in the personnel who didn't gave me satisfaction. That's worth a mention. The room was clean. The wifi wasn't always running well.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Les, After reading your review, I am disappointed that your stay was only an average three stars. I am sincerely sorry for the small inconveniences you experienced regarding the speed of the wireless internet, the variety of our SuperStart Breakfast items, and your request for an in-room cot. We always try to accommodate guest requests based on availability, so I am glad that our front desk agent was able to get you the bed you originally requested, but I am sorry that you were not comfortable in it. I am happy that our team, including the breakfast host, delivered kind and professional service. They will be happy to hear that they are the reason you would come back to visit. We strive to deliver super friendliness and cleanliness every time at Super 8 Mount Laurel and hope that you will stay with us again when you're in the area so that we can exceed your expectations and deliver an ultra super stay.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

The first night I stayed at the Super 8 I didn't expect that much since the term "you get what you pay for" is true. Only problem I had the first night was the lack of light in the bathroom, only one went on (for girls this is crucial, with the only mirror in the room being in the bathroom, you kind of NEED light to get ready). The second night I re-booked a different room there, not planning on staying another night. The tv- didn't work. The fridge in the other room, was non-existant in this room. The ironing board in the OTHER room, did not have in this room. The hair dryer I went to use after my shower with almost no water pressure, DIDN'T work. I had cut my hand and had needed a bandaid, so I called front desk, they didnt have any (what hotel doesnt have an emergency kit?) but they would go to the next hotel over and get one for me. When I went to the front desk they had NO idea what I was even talking about, no worries while I have blood all over my hand. When I did call to request a fridge and an ironing board AND a working hair dryer, they were brought up maybe a half hour AFTER the call, and just left in the middle of the room for me to put away. To top it off the wake up call I couldn't wait to have to get the heck OUT of there and to work, yeah, phone NEVER rang. I suppose that didnt work either. I understand you get what you pay for, but atleast be UPFRONT with guests and tell them the tv DOESN'T work at all, neither does the hair dryer, there is no fridge in your room, nor is there an ironing board. When I told concierge about all the problems I had they seemed to not care at all as if it wasn't a big deal.

Room Tip: Make sure you do NOT get put in room 410. It is pretty much a room that is picked apart when other t...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Monica, Thank you for your honest feedback about your stay. I am very sorry for your experience, especially regarding the the second night when you extended your stay and moved into another room. After reading your review, it is clear that you should have been made aware of the condition of this room upon check in and for that I am sincerely sorry. As for the lack of service you received regarding the needed Bandaid and the amenities that were brought to your room, this is not our typical level of service and again I do apologize. A note for maintenance has been made in the front desk log regarding the condition of this room. Please feel free to contact our management team by calling the hotel at 856-802-2800 so that we can take action do the right thing and make this situation right.
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

We stayed here for one night on our way to New York City. There are many restaurants that are a short drive or walk away from the hotel. The room we had was quiet, clean and large with stylish furnishings and bedding. Very clean and large bathroom. The bed was comfortable and we had a fitful sleep. It had a mini fridge and a table with an ergo chair. Many stations and pay per view on the television. Free WIFI was excellent. Free breakfast served from 6 to 9 was great. Waffles, bread, cinnamon buns, orange and apple juices, coffee, tea, cereals, instant oatmeal, apples, yogurt, butter, jam. Peanut butter or cream cheese would have been nice to choose from but other than that, a great selection. We would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We absolutely love getting super 5 star reviews! I'm glad you had a great overnight stay on your way to NYC! Our location is a great mid-way stop in the center of NJ for that trip. I'm happy that our location was convenient for you, near many restaurants and the highway. Our super comfy beds are amazing, I am happy to hear you slept well! We are happy to provide super amenities like Free WiFi, Pay Per Movie Channels, and Free Breakfast! I'm glad we served you super and look forward to your next stay with us...maybe next time you can visit Philadelphia!