“Outstanding Hotel for Comfort”

Super 8 Mount Laurel
Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Madison, Connecticut
“Outstanding Hotel for Comfort”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

As I write this I will be departing from the Super 8 Hotel in Mount Laurel, NJ on February 17, 2014. My visit was for over fourteen days. Usually I am a guest at The Wyndham, but this time I wanted to stay with Super 8. Always alone, I was here for more medical treatments. I thought my visit would be shorter than two weeks, but this was not the program for me.
Firstly, every associate at the hotel is extremely accommodating. You are greeted with the hospitality one expects; sometimes at a less expensive hotel one might think you will not be treated well or room appointments satisfactory. This is not the level of hospitality or accommodations at Super 8.
Under the direction of Brant Allison, Manager, the staff performs their duties quietly and with proficiency. Any request is honored. Every single hotel associate I have been in contact with at Super 8 has displayed the highest level of professionalism and genuine kindness.
The rooms are large. The hotel was a former office building, now converted. With that said, the large rooms and bathrooms are simply appointed with the space you need. Rooms are double or queen with the availability of some suites. Air conditioning and heating are an individual unit in which one may control individually. There is a large refrigerator in the room but no microwave oven. In the bathroom, coffee service is provided with tea, dry cream and sugar. A large bathtub with a great shower provide you with the water pressure and hot water you need
The housekeeping staff is right on par! I say this because, once you are recognized as a regular long term guest, they are right there to accommodate you with daily service you need. For me, early service is not really what I desired, so, speaking their language was great for me and them to understand and my early afternoon service granted.
Breakfast is continental, but the applied term of continental means "no hot food." In addition to the Farmers Blend brand of coffee, fully roasted and bold, tea is also available. Orange juice from a mechanical dispensing unit provides you with the taste you desire. When I said continental, here at Super 8 waffles are quickly made by you within three minutes. Sweet butter and syrup accompany your freshly prepared waffle. Wheat and white toast are available. Two brands of cereal are also present in a dispensing machine. Throughout the entire day, three selections of microwaveable pasta provide the guest their quick "food fix" for a small fee.
Don't expect a business office, computer, printer, paper, and an executive seating area. These are the amenities that you must forgo when you are a guest at this hotel. While at breakfast, a large screen television provides you with the daily weather or news everyone needs to establish their day.
On a great note, there is a laundry room. Currently as I write this, new machines are to be purchased and installed, the room expanded and the one question remains is what will the owners and management do with this space. In my opinion, the computers would be great and a seating area with television.
I washed clothing during my first week. Surprisingly the charge for both units is $1.00. I absolutely loved the washing machine; Eco water friendly, and more importantly, you use a very little amount of detergent as the machines are so different from what we would normally expect. Currently the room is secure and only available to you with a special key. Once again, I reaffirm that this would be the great opportunity to combine the laundry area with the office/computer needs for the guest.
My writings are all new to me. As mentioned in previous reviews, I am a "well seasoned" hospitality professional and a former Manhattan based corporate travel agency owner.
My life life has taken a fast turn, but I refuse to let my knowledge of hospitality leave me. It is something that is inbred into my life. I live for hospitality.
The Super 8 is a Wyndham brand, and directly next door is Aloft, the superbly well known STARWOOD hotel brand. This being identified and as I write this review, I am engaged in conversation with Paul, a well schooled, gentle young man with superb hospitality potential and currently working as bartender at Aloft.
One great unusual move here, is that the owners of Super 8 and Aloft are the same corporation. Mr. Allison is extremely and professionally gifted, as he is cross-trained and has the availability to move from both property's and hotel brands.
In my professional opinion, there could be nothing better than being cross-trained. An outstanding magnificent talent Mr. Allison possesses. Moving management. Saving money. This is where those in the decision area really brilliant and efficient, but not without sacrifice to the guest.
Super 8 is great. Comfort at a small price. Comfort with simple style and worth considering when making your next reservation. JJP, III.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Super 8 Mount Laurel, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you so much for your super duper review! It's so great to hear from other hospitality professionals like you! We appreciate that you chose to stay with us for your 2 week visit, and we're happy that you were pleasantly surprised by our level of service and comfort of your oversized guestroom. We are truly thankful for Brant and our super staff members! Maria and the housekeeping team will be so excited to hear your kind comments about their service! They absolutely love great feedback and appreciate our guest comments and reviews. I'm glad that our SuperStart Breakfast was sufficient for you with our fresh waffles. If you're ever on a long term stay again, there are plenty of local places to grab breakfast to add a little variety! Thank you for mentioning our food options; mac & cheese, lasagna, chicken alfredo, and Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches are offered in our lobby area. We're proud to offer affordable microwaveable snacks for our guests without having to wait for delivery! The new laundry room is now complete! Which means that more guests can do laundry at one time, avoiding the waitlist procedures we had before. I'm so glad that you had a chance to go over and experience the Aloft Hotel, which is also under our management company's ownership. If you're staying at our Aloft, one of Super 8's or Hampton Inns, you can be sure to receive the same level of hospitality service from all of staff members. And of course, Brant is a great example of this! Thank you so much for a your amazing review and thank you for your loyalty to the Wyndham Brand. We sincerely enjoy taking care of our guests and we love receiving your feedback. Best wishes!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Bethel Park
Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

This is by far the nicest Super 8 we've ever stayed in. Extremely clean room & so colorful. No 'Bravo' station on the TV, but my husband was very happy about that, no Housewives to suffer through. Great stay, great price, great location.

• Stayed February 2014
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Super 8 Mount Laurel, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Hi Blaise, Thank you so much for your super sweet comments! We are so glad and honored to be noted as the best Super 8 your have ever stayed in! But, I'll have to see what I can do about getting Bravo TV for you...I personally wouldn't know what do with myself! Best wishes for super safe travels this winter and we hope to see you again you soon!
Mount Laurel
Reviewed February 3, 2014

This is a good value. Most times the hotel/motel room is simply a place to sleep. I do wish they had MSNBC on the TV. It seems Fox News is the only news station available. There are a lot of HBO channels.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Hello! I'm so glad you had a great experience at our Super 8 Hotel! I'm glad you saw value in your guestroom rate, and I will gladly share your comments about our TV channels with our Management Team. For our future guest's reading this, we do have Fox 29, CBS 3, Fox News, ABC, CNN, The Weather Channel, and NBC10.