La Quinta Inn & Suites Mt. Laurel - Philadelphia
Hampton.com
$102
$97
Great 4.5/5
Aloft Mount Laurel(Mount Laurel)
$110
Very Good 4/5
Super 8 Mount Laurel(Mount Laurel)(Great Value!)
$74
$98
$81
Cancelon
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsrestaurants within walking distancefree breakfastwould stay here againhard boiled eggshot breakfastyogurtnice hotelgreat ratemake your own waffleshot itemseasy accessnew jerseyroom was largethird floorbusiness centerclean roomscoffee maker
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This is a beautiful place unfortunately there is a Wyndam across the street. I booked the wrong hotel (they are right next to each other and I wanted the one with the pool). I was told by the Windam that this happens all the time. Didn't realize that the one I was now in didn't have a pool until my boy whined that they were bored (I was there two hours). So I went to the front desk to explain, figured they would let me check out once they heard what I did. Oh, no. They told me I would have to pay for the night. I asked to speak to the manager (wasn't able to) and was told they would "only" charge me $50 (for two hours) I only paid 87.50 for the night. The best part is when I complained to the corporate office, I was told, sorry you booked it therefore you are your own booking agent. Each hotel has it's own policies. No more Wyndam hotels for me! I should have stuck with Choice Hotels...never had any problem with them.

Room Tip: Go across the street to the Windam
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
rushis, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Mt. Laurel - Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Thanks for your review. I apologize for the inconvenience experienced with your reservation and the subsequent stay. It does happen often that a guest will book the wrong hotel due to the close proximity of our location and the Wyndham Hotel and Wingate Voorhees. We have a great relationship with both locations where we will waive cancellation penalties in order for a guest to stay at their desired location. However, this must be done prior to check-in. It's unfortunate that we were not able to discuss the need for a pool during the reservation process or even at check-in. After a guest already checks into a room, we cannot cancel the reservation. This is hotel policy. I once again for any inconvenience this may have caused, but we're glad to see that you enjoyed the hotel otherwise.

Thanks,

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I spend one day only but staff was pretty friendly, breakfast is good enough for a quick trip,
rooms are nice and quiet, I will return even for family trip.
In front there is a Wyndham hotel, which is prety much the same (rooms and staff) but not as good for price performance.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 17, 2012

On Tuesday, spt 11, I stayed in Mt. Laurel ... starting at another hotel. The experience was at best, bad. However, I came to the Wingate and discovered 5 star + service. The Latina lady at the front desk told me they were totally booked but someone had just checked out. given that it was about 8pm at night, room service wasn't available. She volunteered however to make up the room herself and make it available to me. I got her cell number and watched the entrance for anyone who came in so that I could call her in the room to come down. This occurred about 4 times for travels like me looking for an available room. she was delivering above and beyond service! I have never experienced anything like it at 5 star hotels costing 3-4 times as much. Thank you!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thanks for the review! Lilia is our Assistant Front Desk Supervisor and exemplified great service here! Her experience in hotel management and housekeeping management proved to be useful here. Thanks once again for bringing this great story to our attention and to the attention of our readers.

Be Well,

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Nice, modern, clean room with plenty of space. Unfortunately breakfast 2/3 of the way through the service involved scraping through leftovers of what had been put out earlier and keeping an eye out for the occasional refresh of an item to grab before it ran out again. What was there was OK, but I left feeling hungry and it spoiled what would have been a 5 star review.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I bought a living social voucher to use at this Hotel. Unfortunately, I will probably never be able to use it due to the unhelpful staff and general manager. They do not back themselves on customer service or even bending any RULES. Best of luck if you stay there.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
rushis, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Mt. Laurel - Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Thanks for your review. I apologize for the inconveniences experienced with the difficulty of making a reservation for our Living Social deal. Due to the overwhelming response, most Saturday nights sold out very fast during summer months. We do have availability for most weekends in the upcoming weeks. We recommend that guests try to call at least 1 month prior to arrival when using their Living Social voucher since only a portion of the hotel's total inventory have been allocated for this special. I do see we were able to accommodate you and your family for the date you preferred in one of our upgraded suites.

Thanks and we look forward to seeing you soon!