“Love it! Great diamond in the ruff!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Mt. Laurel - Philadelphia
Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Lynnfield, MA
“Love it! Great diamond in the ruff!”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

This hotel was lovely. It was clean, new, and the service was great. The beds were comfy and the rooms were good size. You definitely know it's a newer property. I arrived late at night and felt safe in the area and was right off a main drag - which I liked. But don't worry you are far enough away from the road that it's quiet in your room. I visit Philly a lot and will definitely be staying here again on my next trip. It was only about a 10 to 15 ride from Philly and was reasonably priced. No complaints here!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Norton
Reviewed April 17, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at the Wingate in Mt Laurel 4 times. The first time was for 2 weeks in Oct 2011 as we have a Grandson with a heart defect that is being treated at CHOP (Children's Hosp of Philadelphia). We returned for a few days in Dec and again in Jan. We just today (April 2012) returned from a week long stay.
Every stay has been perfect for us. After spending hours at the hospital it is wonderful to know we can return at the end of a very stressful day to a "home away from home" that is so comfortable. The location is also perfect for those that do not want to spend big $$$ to stay in the city of Philadelphia. Even with traffic (which is nothing depending on the timing) it never took us more than 20-30 minutes to arrive at the hospital. I highly recommend this hotel for families that are away from home and have children being treated at CHOP. It is also very close to all tourist attractions in Philly. Unfortunately we never had the time to enjoy the local attractions.
As for the rates, we feel they are very reasonable especially with the quality of the hotel. It is always very clean and comfortable. I highly recommend the Wyndam Rewards Program as well. It doesn't take long to add up your points to apply to future stays.
If I had anything to comment on the low side, it would be the wi-fi can be a bit weak at times the further you are away from the center of the building. The free hot/cold breakfast has lots of choices as far as I am concerned, but it is the same thing everyday. Now this wouldn't matter to someone that is only staying a few days as the selection has many choices, but after a week or more you have tried it all.
Everytime we entered or left the hotel we were always greeted in a friendly manner.
So if you are looking for a place with nice appointments, affordable, friendly and convenient to local attractions, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: If you count on strong wi-fi ask for a room close to the center of the building. Enjoy the area!!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I found Wingate by Wyndham in Mt. Laurel NJ to be the best value in the area.
Wingate's rooms are a cut above the many rooms in the area that have slightly higher prices.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
rushis, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Mt. Laurel - Philadelphia, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Thanks for the review. We definitely pride ourselves on being the best value in town!

- Management
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Reviewed March 20, 2012

This hotel is tucked away a bit and directly across the street from a bigger Wyndam Hotel. My husband and I stopped here on our way to Florida and liked it so much we knew we'd stop on our way home. The indoor whirlpool is just the thing after a long drive. The rooms are very comfortable, exceptionally clean and well laid out. This trip was our first experience with Wingate by Wyndham hotels and it surely won't be our last. Much better pillows than Holiday Inn Express!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the awesome review! We love that we're tucked away from the main highway, but still just as convenient as the hotels lined up along RT. 73. See hope to see you again soon on your way to/from Florida!
Reviewed February 17, 2012

On Feb 4, 2012 at 3pm I went to wingate nj to ck into our room.  We were on a family trip with my hubby and 3 little kids.  We reserved a suite which i didn't know was the only double king suite room.  We paid full for this Double King suite, with no refund policy.  Ben the c/s guy said it wasn't ready, so I asked why not. He said the people that stayed last night just cked out. I asked why did they ck out so late when we made reservation. He said they paid the extra money to stay longer and that is exactly how it works all over the world. He then told us to wait 30 mins and room will be ready.  I didn't understand how they could clean a room in 30mins, but we decided to wait.  We were told about a hour later that that room won't be ready till the next day. They offered us 2 rooms with one king size bed in each room BUT WITH NO CONNECTING DOORS.  We have 3 little kids with us, there was no way we were going to split up the kids.  I explained that to them, but they said that was the best thing that they can do for us.   BEST THING????  We ended up in one room with 2 queen bed that cost way less than what we paid with a tv that was constantly losing connection. The room didn't look clean at all.  It was the most uncomfortable sleep.  The kids weren't able to sleep, so we left at 6am the following day feeling tired and upset.  Did someone say that this place  looks NEW??  NO WAY!  The place looks unorganized and messy and definitely not a new place.  The worst place and customer service I ever experienced. The Ben guy didn't know how to greet the customer and he was VERY rude.

To: Rushi Sukharamwala (Manager)
Yes, i booked a Double King Suite and you guys did offer me 2 rooms with no connecting doors.  How can you say you did the best given the situation?  What kind of situation were you guys in?  This definitely did not meet our needs.  Things have to be more organized there.  It looked like the workers didn't know what was going on.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Happytravel124
rushis, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Mt. Laurel - Philadelphia, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
Hello,

Thanks for your review. I believe you posted a similar review to which I responded. But, then it seems you decided to delete the review. And so, I'll comment again...

I apologize that the room was not ready as we had a guest that decided the day of to get a late check-out. After inspecting this room our housekeeping staff decided that this room would not be available for that evening based on the amount of work that needed to be done considering the length of time the guest prior had stayed with us. For this we are sorry. We only have 2 of this room type in the hotel and the other was being occupied by another guest.

Our solution was to offer two rooms for the price paid for the Double King Suite. I understand that this is not what you reserved, but given the situation it really was the best we could do. We have since been able to offer an adjustment on rate as you only decided to take one of the two rooms offered to you.

Please let us know if you'll be in town again and we will try our very best to accommodate.

Be Well,

Rushi
Kenilworth, New Jersey
Reviewed February 1, 2012

New hotel with 42" flat screen TV and comfortable bed. Easy acces to NJ Turnpike and I-295. Variety of restaurants and retailers within a 10 minute drive.

• Stayed October 2011
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I arrived at the Wingate in the early evening and my check-in went pretty smoothly. But once I got to my room I was not pleased. The first thing I noticed was that the carpet had not been vacuumed and the trash had not been emptied in the guest room. Both things I was not happy about but could overlook. Hours later, after going to a late dinner, we returned to our room. I entered the bathroom for the first time to find it very dirty. There were hairs on the floor and a dirty towel behind the door. I looked into the tub and there is no way anyone had cleaned it. There was soap residue on the ledges and hairs everywhere. I called down to the front desk and they said someone would be up to clean my tub. An hour passed and nobody had been to my room. It was time for me to go to bed.

I fell asleep only to be woken by loud people in the hallway 30 minutes later (it was after midnight). I tried to sleep through it but it continued. I tried to call the front desk but nobody answered. I could not sleep through the noise and, since the desk was not answering, I got dressed and went down to the desk. NOBODY WAS THERE. Come to find out that I just locked myself out of my room and nobody was there to give me a new key. I sat in the lobby for over an hour before an employee magically appeared.

I complained about all my troubles in the morning and the staff was not interested in doing anything to help me.. I will never come back here and neither will my family...nasty and dirty!!1

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank agimenez45
rushis, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Mt. Laurel - Philadelphia, responded to this review, January 17, 2012
Thanks for your review.

Please email me your Last Name, First Name, and Dates of Stay and I'll be more than happy to look into the situation for you. We have very high housekeeping standards and take your comments very seriously.

We do have lots of groups that stay at the hotel and on occasion they will decide to congregate in our breakfast area after a party/wedding. I apologize if this came at an inconvenience to you. We typically recommend at check-in that a room on a higher floor room should be preferred for those that are not part of the group. I'm sorry if this option was not given.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Be Well,