“This place is a dump”

Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Lewisville, Texas
“This place is a dump”
Reviewed May 31, 2011

I did not enjoy my stay at this hotel at all. There were numerous problems. The hotel is dangerously understaffed. We would return to find our room had not been cleaned after being out all day. In addition it was common for the water to go off and on during our stay. Please, do not, under any circumstances, book at this terrible hotel. Ultimately I blame myself. I didn't look at some of the older reviews where this appears to be a systemic problem.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank drlatif
rushis, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Mt. Laurel - Philadelphia, responded to this review, June 10, 2011
Thanks for your review. It seems as though you were part of the same group as our last review. I apologize once again for the inconveniences which occurred during your stay. I hope that you will give us another try if the need for a room in Mt Laurel should happen again.

Rushi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Reviewed May 31, 2011

When we arrived at the front lobby, there was nobody waiting at the desk. We quite literally stood there for a whole ten minutes waiting for the front desk attendant. It turns out the owner streamlines by making the front desk attendant clean rooms.

Yes, this hotel is operated by ONE person. Even the front desk attendant will tell you that they're short staffed.

On our first night's stay we were locked in our room because of a lock malfunction. As if that wasn't enough, we discovered after our second night that the room door does not luck on your way out unless you jiggle it just the right way.

ON TOP OF ALL THIS, the water stopped on us right as we returned from a hot busy day. This is by far the greatest inconvenience to anyone's vacation plans.

We will never stay at a Wyndham ever again. I can not believe that this place received good review from 48 individuals. One of the water pumps went out and it was obviously a lack of maintenance because they said their spare was also out of service.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Thanks for your review. I apologize for the inconveniences experienced during your stay with us. Please know that our front desk agents do not also serve as room attendants. The Front Desk Agent was most likely taking care of another guest's needs. I apologize for the wait time at the desk. We have a sign to let guests know that we will be back as soon as possible at the desk whenever we step away from a moment. Our doors do automatically deadbolt themselves as a safety feature. A lot of times it will remain in deadbolt position even after opening the door. This issue can be solved by simple pushing down on the inside door handle. We do once again apologize about the water situation. It was something that was out of hands and I assure you that it was not due to negligence on the part of our maintenance department. We tried to work through it as fast as we could and within a couple of hours everything was back to normal.

Thanks once again for your review and let me know if you are ever in town again!

Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed May 23, 2011

Worse Hotel I have ever stayed at. Just prior to getting ready for a family wedding, the Management turned off the water to all rooms within the building without notice for most of that Saturday I happen to be there. The desk clerk could not tell me why the water was turned off, when it would be turned back on, and Management was totally unavailabe to discuss this matter with. I asked the front desk clerk if he would call the hotel across the parking lot (which is also owned by the Wingate) to see If I could shower at that Facility, the clerk informed me that that was impossible since that hotel was fully booked, and no available room for me to use a shower. That was a total lie, because when I walked over to the front hotel that the Wingate also owned, the front desk clerk there readily gave me a key to a clean room to shower. The Wingate desk clerk did not have to lie to me. He could have easily called and located a room for me to use for an hour, but he choose not to.
If you do not care if you have water in your room when you want it, and if you like being lied to by the desk clerk, and you don't mind going to another facility to wash, this is the place for you. Other wise, I suggest you do not book a room at this facility. My 10% discount received for my complaint was so not worth it!.

Room Tip: book at another facility
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 2011Linda
rushis, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Mt. Laurel - Philadelphia, responded to this review, May 26, 2011
Thank you for your review. I first would like to apologize for the water being turned off in the hotel. It was a hotel-wide issue and we tried our very best to get it resolved as quickly and as efficiently as possible. Without getting too technical - a back flow pipe in our basement bursted. To prevent further damage we had no choice but to turn off the water while the pipe was being repaired. From start to finish - we were without water for about 2 hours. I understand the frustration of not having any water. We were able to make accommodations at our sister hotel located directly in front of The Wingate to allow guests to use their bathroom facilities in rooms set aside specifically for our guests.

I assure you that this was a very rare occurrence and has since been permanently fixed. I hope that you will give us another try next time you're in town.

Reviewed May 18, 2011

We reached the hotel with a confirm reservationa and were told they overbooked. With family of 2 children and looking forward to the graduation ceremony of my nephew we were dissapointed to hear this. We were given accomodation in another hotel so we had to take a trip there and inspite of promissing us the room we had asked for, they gave us the room with double bed instead of queen beds.
Overall-very poor service. Receptionist rude and feeling sorry

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank hello05111969
Thanks for your review. I would like to apologize for the overbooking that took place on the day of your arrival. We try our very best to reach out to the guest prior to their arrival (via e-mail and/or telephone) to let them know of the overbooking and discuss alternate accommodations - whether it be a different room type or different hotel all-together. In your case the hotel was at capacity and so we could not accommodate. I'm sorry for this.

We did, however, make reservations for you and your family to stay at an Upscale Full-Service Hotel located just minutes away. We gladly picked up the bill and offered you to still come back to the hotel to use our complimentary amenities (fitness center, whirlpool spa, 24 hour business center and most importantly our free hot continental breakfast buffet).

We really did try our very best to make things right. I hope that you and your family ended up enjoying your stay there. Hope you'll give us another chance to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed May 16, 2011

Very nice hotel, close to the highway, and food, and movie theater. Staff very nice and the rooms are clean and spacious, all for a very affordable price. I do recommend.

• Stayed May 2011
BigGunner845,

Thanks for the review! As they say, "LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION"!

Closest hotel off the NJ Turnpike and less than a mile from 1-295 North and South ramps makes us the obvious choice for overnight accommodations! (I may be a little partial) LOL

Dublin, Ohio
Reviewed May 11, 2011

Was here for two nights. Very comfortable, quiet, and clean. Bed was amazingly comfortable. Staff was great. Convenient to 295 and the Turnpike.

Will definitely be back.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
The Serta pillow-top mattresses are the absolute best, aren't they?!

Colbert, GA
Reviewed April 25, 2011

We stayed here for 2 days. We have no complaints at all with this hotel. The front desk person, Ann was more than accomodating to us, very friendly and always nice. The hotel itself, was spotless, very clean and beautiful! The price was reasonable. The bed was amazing! One the best beds we've ever slept on in a hotel. Beautiful hotel, inside and out. Very clean. Smelt good. Good services that they offer. Our room was cleaned and freshened up the second day. Nice and clean. Lots of things to do around the area. Our experience with the Wingate in Mount Laurel, NJ was one of the BEST experiences we've had with a hotel! We WILL be staying there when we return, and we will most definitely reccommend this hotel. Thanks to the people at the Wingate for such a nice experience and beautifully clean hotel! I highly reccommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for the awesome review! We look forward to seeing you next time you're in town.