“non existent amenities” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mount Holly
Brunswick, Maine
“non existent amenities”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

I normally never complain about hotels, but this one is an exception. I rented six rooms for our staff for three days and was going to extend our stay to eight days, however I quickly discovered that their business center was non existent and had been out of service for more than a week,,a necessity in any quality hotel ..then we found that their indoor heated pool was more like a frozen pond with three doors left wide open to the outside and the water temp was freezing...okay maybe they have a fitness center....they do, but all of the equipment is in disrepair....enough said....obviously the owner is either cheap or management is lacking in reporting and efficiently fixing these major issues....on the bright side breakfast was good and the front desk staff are very professional, however when booking rooms u expect to receive what was advertised and this hotel does not follow thru with this....we cannot recommend this hotel for extended stays but okay for a one nighter if u enjoy the smell of cigarette smoke and amenities that do not exist. I really thought best western had higher standards.

Room Tip: The amenities are not there, no computer in business center, broken fitness equip, cold pool, strong...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Lori M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Burlington Inn, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We are sorry we were unable to provide you with the amenities and service you expected during your stay. I am working with my team to get the pool warmer and a new computer for the business center. Again I apologize and hope you consider staying with us again.
Lori Maldonado

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Pungoteague, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

I am always delighted to stay at the Best Western in Burlington, Mt Holly NJ. It is convenient to the NJ Turnpike and close to my parents in Burlington NJ. The staff are always polite, neat and helpful. The accommodations are always pleasant and comfortable and the breakfast is always enjoyable in the morning to prepare me for my day.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

martinsburg, wv, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

run down not properly maintained, used soap in tub. used wash towl hanging on shower, lamp shad stained. behind bed at head board has not been cleaned in some time. not a place i will stay again or will recomend to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lori M, Manager at BEST WESTERN Burlington Inn, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback and are very sorry for the condition of your guest room. We will take your comments under consideration as we work with the appropriate team members to improve our guest experience. Again we apologize for the issues and we hope you will come visit us in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Mount Holly hotels

Tavernier, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed one night recently and the hotel was a good value. Comfortable bed. Quiet. Nice staff. Was concerned about other reviews but the place was OK. Halls showed lots of use but room was clean. Door to bathroom had been damaged and not yet repaired. There were a lot of people there for breakfast on Sunday. Good coffee, surprisingly good! I would stay here again. Great location.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lori M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Burlington Inn, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We do apologize for the issues in your room and will work with our team to see that they get taken care of. We hope if you return to our area you will consider to stay with us again.
Franklin,PA, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on numerous occasions and I can tell you the staff at this hotel is top notch. I have never had an issue with the staff and they have always gone above and beyond their normal duties to make my stay enjoyable. the new beads are not as comfortable as the old ones

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

boston
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stayed here on the way home from a college move in. I was traveling alone, exhausted and took exit 5 because there appeared to be a number of choices. When I couldn't easily find the brand I normally frequent, I pulled into the Best Western because I have had a good experience in other locations.

What a disappointment.

I was quickly checked in and provided a gift bag for being a Best Western member. It went down hill as I walked down the dark, musty, worn corridor to my room. The room smelled, the air conditioning did not work, the carpet was filthy. I turned on the flat screen tv that had a huge smear on the front and found it was not working. I called the front desk, and the clerk came down to reset the TV. When she knocked at the door, I peered out the peep hole to find that it had been punched out and stuffed with toilet paper.

I'm not sure why I stayed, but I was so exhausted from 12 hours of driving, that I did.

The next morning, I headed to the dirty bathroom for a shower. The bowed shower curtain rod had come loose, drooping down in a U shape. Gravity pulled the shower curtain to the middle and it would not stay closed. The tub did not drain properly, which was disgusting given the overall filth. It took me awhile to turn on the shower, because the hot and cold water controls were backwards and and first I could not get the "hot" water to work, until I took a chance and turned the control to the right. The toiletries were very low scale - teeny bar of soap, 2 conditioners and one shampoo. The towels (all two of them) were thin and dingy. The bath mat was frayed so much it looked like fringe. The sink did not have a drain plug and part of the faucet control fell off when I turned the sink on.

To the credit of the front desk clerk, she discounted my room rate when I conveyed the issues to her.

I would never stay there again. Take the time to find the other hotels in the area.

Room Tip: I don't think there are any good rooms.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank where2gonexttime
Great Barrington, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

This hotel has gone down hill in the last 6 months. We had our dog with us as we always do so were put in the 'dog wing'. Carpet very shabby and dirty. Felt unclean while we stayed there. Exit doors to back of hotel, near our room, have not been secure for 2-3 years. I report them each time we stay there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Hampton Inn Burlington/Mt. Holly
Courtyard Burlington Mt. Holly/Westampton
Holiday Inn Express Mt. Holly-Exit 5 NJ Tnpk
Wyndham Philadelphia - Mount Laurel

Been to BEST WESTERN Burlington Inn? Share your experiences!