“A little rough around the edges but good beer selections”

Ott's Downtown Bar and Grill
Ranked #28 of 56 Restaurants in Mount Holly
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner
Description: PubBar
Westampton, New Jersey
“A little rough around the edges but good beer selections”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

It's like a local tavern with better beer selections. Don't dress up or you won't fit in. If you want quality in your food, go across the street to the High Street Grille.

Visited March 2013

“Brand new and a shame they missed the mark.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

A couple of weeks ago my husband and I saw a new Ottis' in the being rebuilt downtown Mt. Holly. We go to the Ott's in Medford and it is the kind of bar you can hang out in. So seeing a new one closer to home we decided to try it tonight for dinner. We often find local places to sit at the bar for a beer and sandwich and leave early because we are tired from work. The new Ott's has an nice look from the outside and on the second floor is a brand new deck. The whole building has been redone. We think they should have used another architect for the inside. It is not comfortably designed at all. In fact halfway through out meal we decided to finish quickly and leave. The place is narrow. The bar is long. They have TVs one right after the other down the entire bar and the bar stools are very close to the TVs. They put the TVs up high so that even my husband who is 6' couldn't watch the TV because he had to strain his neck. The first round of waitresses were nice but we got there just at the changing of the shift. The second shift was not too attentive and didn't know what came with the sandwich I ordered. She kept asking me if I wanted fries and I kept telling her that the menu said it came with fries. They use the menus as a table mat which would normally be just fine except that the menu was on both sides and you wouldn't have known that if it was on the table with silverware on top like the tables were. They also need to make the menu shorter. They are trying to cover too many bases with the menu. One side is all apps, sandwiches, and platters. The other side was pizza. Get rid of the pizza and no one would know the difference and it would cut down on time in the kitchen where the restrauant is busy. Our sandwiches were just ok. Nothing to write home about. I had to ask the barmaid to take our order and ask for silverware at the bar where we were sitting. The food was brought by a runner which was fine but she never asked if we needed anything else. The barmaid never asked us either nor asked if everything was ok and she wasn't that busy. As we were walking down the bar to leave by the side exit which is near their mini liquir store and lottery sales there was a large man in an Ott's shirt talking to patrons. I assume he was some type of management. He looked at me so I know he saw me leaving and I barely had enough room to pass by him and he never moved but kept talking to what appeared to be his friends at the bar. They do have a fairly large selection of on tap beers and lots of interesting bottles of alcohol. I asked for a taste of one beer before I ordered a whole glass and the barmaid said she was going to try it too since lots of people were ordering it and she didn't know what it tasted like. I was glad she took the intiative to taste what she was serving but why hadn't the staff been offered a taste when the product came in so they would know what they are serving tastes like. There is a free parking lot but it is almost a block away and when we left it was drizzling. What if it were snowing? I hope they make a go of it., We won't be back. We will go back to Medford.

• Visited October 2012