“Good price... decent hotel”

Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mount Arlington
Dingmans Ferry, PA
“Good price... decent hotel”
Reviewed April 1, 2007

We stayed at the Courtyard this weekend after a friends wedding. Check-in/out was a breeze. The rooms were decent in size and cleanliness. The bathroom was tight and a little messy. And the shower was leaky. I was disappointed when I discovered there were no bathroom ammenities. No shampoo/conditioner. No hair dryer... but if you need to iron... you're in luck. The hotel bar is very open... very bright... and very expensive. After the wedding we all returned to the hotel to party at the bar. If your looking to hang out in a hotel lobby with expensive alcohol.... this is your place. If you want a "bar scene" head down the road to a bar. The staff was great, the price was right, all in all a good time was had by all.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — the bathroom or lack there of
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Marlton, New Jersey
Reviewed June 21, 2005

I had some personal business in the Mt Arlington area so I decided to take advantage of some of my Marriott Rewards points. My major complaint is not with the property but with the Courtyard web site. It states that this is a brand new property. WRONG!!! It was converted 3 years ago from another brand and the property is 20+ years old! The rooms were okay and pretty clean but I couldn't believe that there was no hair dryer. Also, the refrigerator did not work. For a free one night stay it was fine, but I wouldn't recommend it otherwise.

• Stayed June 2000, traveled on business
1 Thank fanelli
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 31, 2005

I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriot in Mount Arlington for three nights in October 2004. It was also the hotel used by most of the guests in town for my wedding.

Overall, I had a positive experience. My room was large and clean, as was the lobby. When I checked in at 11 p.m., the guy at the front desk was a little slow, but gave me my room with no problems. He also provided me with extra pillows upon request.

We had a small after party at the hotel bar - which is really an extended version of the lobby - and it was nice because there was plenty of seating and it wasn't smoky. It was a little less nice after another bridal party arrived who were a little less reserved - quote from the bride "I don't want any beer. I've already had enough shots."

Parties are common at this hotel, from what I hear, and some of my older guests complained it was noisy, but I didn't hear anything out of the ordinary and I was on the same floor as them. The walls are also adequately thick.

Breakfast wans't spectacular, but it was perfectly fine.

The best thing about the hotel was the service. They gave our guests out of town gift bags that I gave them to distribute and when they accidentally cancelled one of my bridesmaids reservations, they gave her a free room at the Holiday Inn across the street and some vouchers for drinks at the Marriot bar.

Overall, if I were to do things again, I'd pick the Courtyard Marriot. It's a solid option in its price range.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Arlington
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Arlington-Rockaway Area
Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway
Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway
Residence Inn Mt. Olive at International Trade Center
Hampton Inn Denville / Rockaway / Parsippany
Holiday Inn Budd Lake-Rockaway Area

Been to Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington? Share your experiences!