Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington
HolidayInn.com
$95
$80
$75
All reviewswedding weekendflatbreadrehearsal dinnerwedding guestsfront desk staffthe entire stafffamily eventfridge and microwavebusiness travelerstaying at this hotelup to datecomfortable roomsnew jerseythe general managernice staybistromarriott
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I needed to book a block of rooms for a group I was running. There was a bowling tournament nearby and I needed several rooms for a Friday night and about 20 rooms for Saturday night. I contacted Sharon in the sales department and could not have been happier. I have been running this trip for over 20 years and she made this part easier than any previous year. All of my friends made their reservations with ease and she constantly kept me informed of the bookings. We had some special needs and all were accomodated without any issues. The staff was great. The pool area was excellant. I just wish the wheather was more cooperative so we could have used the outside pavilion to relax. The hotel was spotless and very easy to get to off of route 80. I highly recommend this Courtyard by Marriott. Tremendous accomadations at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Donald C
Jon S, General Manager at Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear "Donald C", Thank you for your feedback! My team and I truly appreciate your kind words. It is no surprise to us that Sharon made your experience "easier than any previous year" as she truly is a super-star! Thanks again for the feedback, we hope to see you again soon! Have an excellent day!

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We are our way to Jazz festival in Reading PA and decided to stay at this hotel near Route 80. This is a usual courtyard with nice clean rooms. We loved everything. The staff was very courteous. There are a lot of stores and restaurants near by. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JoshM691
Jon S, General Manager at Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear "JoshM691", I would like to thank you for your recent review of the Mt. Arlington Courtyard by Marriott! My team and I really do appreciate your kind words about our "clean rooms" as well as our courteous staff! Thanks for staying with us - we hope to see you again soon! Have an excellent day!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

If you are looking for a clean hotel, this fits the bill. I had no problem with my room. The king bed was very comfortable and the room was impecably clean. There was a small couch in the room that doubled as an extra bed. I cannot comment on the comfort of the extra bed because we did not use it. The bathroom was also very clean!!! I would give this 5 stars except for 2 things. 1---There is no refrigerator in the rooms. This probably should be noted in the rooms description because in every hotel/motel I have been in in the last 5 years there have been refr. in the rooms. Not a big deal if you know before hand. I just assumed all hotel chains had a refriger. in the rooms. 2--Prices at the "bar" are WAY over the top!!! Basically you are sitting in a hotel lobby with a snack bar/bar atmosphere. Drinks are $10 + per drink!!!! served in a plastic drinking cup. Do yourself a favor and bring your own!!!!!!!

Room Tip: No refrigerator in rooms and stay far away from the bar. Bring your own!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank misspugs
Jon S, General Manager at Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear "misspugs", Thank you for your recent review of our hotel! My team and I appreciate the kind words regarding our rooms being "impeccably clean" as we work hard each & every day to provide our guests with only the best that hospiality has to offer! We hope to see you again soon - thank you for choosing the Mt. Arlington Courtyard by Marriott!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We just wanted a romantic evening/night as a couple, and this was not the place for it. It is right by the interstate, anywhere USA. There are no fine dining options nearby and no real town either. The hotel is being renovated. Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable. HBO was nice. The bathroom was so and so, with poor plumbing. Perhaps they have not renovated those yet? Odd.

The common areas were pleasant (we didn't go to the poop nor to the exercise room), but deserted on a holiday weekend. Although the hotel claims to have a bistro, the place is quite depressing, just a small upgrade from a vending machine.

Room Tip: As of January 2013, fifth floor had been renovated and third floor had renovations going on.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank meme135
Jon S, General Manager at Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear "meme135", Thank you for your recent review! You are correct, we in the process of renovating our guest rooms, relocating and expanding our fitness center as well as meeting / catering space. My team and I appreciate your feedback, specifically referring to our rooms as "spacious, clean and comfortable". We hope to see you again soon! Have an excellent day!

Reviewed January 17, 2013

My friends daughter turned 11 on the 13th and we decided to have a hotel pool party bday bash for her. We stayed at the Courtyard Marriott and it was a great choice! The staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating; allowing us to use a corner of the dining area for birthday cake and also adjusting the heat in the pool area. The rooms were of good size as well. I stayed in the king room and it was clean and well maintained. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kbabs47

Dear "Kbabs47", My team and I are super thrilled to hear that your friends daughter had an excellent time at her 11th birthday party! We appreciate your positive review and for pointing out my "incredibly friendly and accommodating" staff! We hope to see you again soon!