“Great Stay!”

Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mount Arlington
Reviewed January 17, 2013

My friends daughter turned 11 on the 13th and we decided to have a hotel pool party bday bash for her. We stayed at the Courtyard Marriott and it was a great choice! The staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating; allowing us to use a corner of the dining area for birthday cake and also adjusting the heat in the pool area. The rooms were of good size as well. I stayed in the king room and it was clean and well maintained. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kbabs47
Jon S, General Manager at Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear "Kbabs47", My team and I are super thrilled to hear that your friends daughter had an excellent time at her 11th birthday party! We appreciate your positive review and for pointing out my "incredibly friendly and accommodating" staff! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 31, 2012

i selected this hotel so my kids could swim while we were away. I did not let them use the pool, and I doubt any other guests did either. The pool water was so cloudy you could not see the bottom, even in the shallow end. This presents an obvious safety issue regardless with how the water tests chemically. The pool room was quite cold, with condensation dripping from the ceiling into the pool. The lighting was weak, cave-like really. I filed a CS complaint with Marriott and did hear back from the Hotel Manger, but there is no excuse for pretending the pool facility was useable. I use Courtyard often and Marriott very often. I never saw anything like this at any other hotel, Marriott or otherwise.

Room Tip: This hotel is being renovated. Ask for a room away from the renovations. Ask early for a refrigera...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DJG17
Jon S, General Manager at Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Dear "DJG17", I would like to thank you for your feedback. I am happy to inform you that the issues have been addressed and our renovations are moving forward according to plan. I am certain you will notice a huge difference during your next visit. Thanks again for your feedback and have an excellent day!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Stayed during Superstorm Sandy, one of the few hotels open in this area. The staff went above the call of duty to get the hotel up and running in the aftermath of the storm, working without most modern conveniences such as computers and the like.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Jon S, General Manager at Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Dear "fedtraveler66", Thank you for taking time to submit your TripAdvisor.com review! As you indicated, the damage from Hurricane Sandy was unfathomable, but my team and I worked hard day and night to assist each and every guest that came into our hotel. Even without power, we tried to offer the best that hospitality has to offer and we sincerely appreciate your kind words. Have an excellent New Year!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

The Red Cross provided us with three emergency nights at this hotel when a car crashed through our house. We have two teenage girls, one of whom is in a wheelchair. They told us they had an accessible room with two double beds. The first night, the girls had been put into different friends' homes as we had to wait for the house to be boarded up. Good thing. The room had a king bed and on the far side a sofa bed. No way would we have been able to get a wheelchair to the sofa if it had been opened up, or into the bathroom. "Accessible" means different things to different people, and in this case it means ground floor, right off the lobby, and a bar on the wall in the bathtub. While I am thankful for the emergency accommodation, I'm writing this review so that anyone with the same needs will know what to expect. NO SLEEP! LOUD Partying before and after weddings both Friday and Saturday nights, music, laughing, shouting by guests both in the lounge/lobby area, in and out of elevators, and outside, just by our window. The last partier seemed to fade away about 4:30 a.m. Staff was nice, room was clean, hole in curtain and toilet paper holder broken. We found another hotel where we are now. Hope my house gets fixed soon! But accessible in this case only means ground floor. Nothing else.

Room Tip: Maybe NOT ground floor?
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Marilyn C
Jon S, General Manager at Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear "Lynguista", My team and I are so sorry to hear about the accident involving the car crashing into your home! I would also like to thank you for the kind words about how "nice" my staff was and how clean the room was - we work hard each day to provide our guests only the finest that hospitality has to offer. Regarding your concerns on the accessible room-type that was available, please feel free to reach out to me so that I can further explain the room type that was available on the night of the accident. Thanks again for your feedback!

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a very early flight out of NYC, rooms were spacious, very clean, and the staff was very helpful. A particular note, a thank you to Jacqui working in the break area, who very graciously packed our breakfast so it was ready for our middle of the night departure. It was most appreciated.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Jon S, General Manager at Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Dear "TravelerRuth_12", Thank you for your recent review of our hotel! My team and I appreciate your kind words about our guest-room cleanliness and helpful staff! We work hard each and every day to provide our valued guests the very best that hospitality has to offer! I am glad that Jacqui was able to accommodate your breakfast to-go as well. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 26, 2012

We were booked here for our nephew's wedding and it couldn't have been better. The breakfast the day after made for a nice way to end things. The rooms were clean and spacious. The staff was helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: July 2012
Jon S, General Manager at Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2012

Dear "Tom H", Thank you for the excellent review from your recent stay! My team and I strive to offer our guests the very best that hospitality has to offer and we are thrilled to hear you enjoyed the breakfast and appreciate the kind words regarding the cleanliness of our guest-rooms and frielndliness of the team! Congratulations on your nephew's wedding!!

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Attended a wedding in the area. The staff is pleasant. The hotel is very modern, clean and quiet. The rooms were very spacious. The beds comfortable. Had an excellent night's sleep after an 8 hour drive to N.J. from Virginia. The lounge area is very nice and open for late night drinks. Near the highway. Very picturesque area with lakes, marinas and windy country roads. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Jon S, General Manager at Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Dear "MagVeg", Thank you for your review from your recent stay with us! My team and I strive to provide our valued guests the very best that hospitality has to offer and we appreciate the kind words about our great staff, modern & clean facility and we are so pleased that you were able to get an "excellent" nights' sleep!! We hope to see you again soon! Have an excellent summer.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Arlington
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Arlington-Rockaway Area
Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway
Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway
Residence Inn Mt. Olive at International Trade Center
Holiday Inn Budd Lake-Rockaway Area
Towneplace Suites by Marriott Dover Rockaway

Been to Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington? Share your experiences!