Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington
$100
ExtendedStay
$80
$75
All reviewswedding weekendflatbreadrehearsal dinnerwedding guestsfront desk staffthe entire stafffamily eventfridge and microwavebusiness travelerstaying at this hotelup to datecomfortable roomsnew jerseythe general managernice staybistromarriott
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Ok place to stay. Generally expect more from my visits to Marriott properties.
Bed was comfortable.
Breakfast was mediocre. Not worth the price.
Their breakfast area renovations have significantly reduced their product quality.

I would look at other alternatives before staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2011

The staff at this hotel is amazing. We held and event down the street and the hotel served as the Host Hotel for more than 100 people. I came in contact with just about every employee they had and all of them were very professional, friendly and accommodating to my needs. I would like to note that Cathy Robinson was my point person at this location and was the person who I interacted most. She is an excellent representative the Marriott brand. She was great to work with, accommodated all requests, genuinely cared about the event and how everything was going. Everyone should request to meet her while staying at this hotel. The new Bistro they have is unreal good and convenient. It has everything you would ever need with several dining options and not to mention the amount of TV’s, seating and work space. The Bistro made all my dinning needs efficient and effective. Overall I love the hotel and everything about it. They have a great staff and they place a high priority on customer service.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2011

This hotel used to be a Sheraton property but it's great. The lobby is the new Courtyard lobby and very large. As a platinum rewards member I was upgraded to a suite. My room was well appointed and the hotel was well maintained. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Was in the area for a baby shower....had some rewards to use so the price was definately right. Double queen bed room would have cost 109.99 though. I think it was well worth it. Place was very clean, very comfy beds and cotton comforters. Spacious room and a refrigerator as well. Very comfortable lobby....quick service food and bar in lobby area. There is also a pool. My daughter used it it was warm and looked clean, she enjoyed it. Lady working in food area was very helpful, she hand wrote a map to the nearest Red lobster (10 min away). Wound up going to the Cracker Barrel right across street....walking distance. Anyway if I was ever in the area again I would definately go back. Only small negative. no ice bucket in room and none available....they gave me a bag that worked just fine. Location is convenient right off of I-80.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2011

If you are traveling in the northwest part of New Jersey and need a place to stay, I highly recommend the Courtyard Marriott in Mt. Arlington.
Adam Greenberg and his staff made a disastrous wedding weekend into a most memorable one when the original venue was flooded out due to hurricane Irene, Adam and his staff said they would help make the wedding happen at the hotel, and they did.
Since the hotel wasn’t equipped for dinners and banquets, food was brought in and a room was set up. When power went out, candles and glow sticks made the room usable and romantic.
I cannot express in words how terrific the staff at the Courtyard Marriott in Mt. Arlington were during Irene.
While heading back to Washington DC, where I live, I relied on directions from Lori (from the Bistro) , she even stayed on the phone for 30 mins. to get me through all the detours from the flooded streets.
Tremendous thanks to the Staff at Mt. Washington Courtyard Marriott!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rpbinva
Adam G, General Manager at Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2011

Thanks for your excellent review! We too will never forget this amazing day. It was our pleasure to go the extra mile for Casey and Andrew. We look forward to seeing you again soon.