“Just what you need on New Year's Day”
Review of Davy's Hot Dogs

Davy's Hot Dogs
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We stopped at this place at random as we were driving from NYC back to the Finger Lakes. It looks like a gingerbread house from the outside. You order and pick up from the counter. Breakfast is offered all day, but their specialty is hot dogs which you can order with a variety of toppings. The owner played baseball at Ithaca College and came out to meet us, as we mentioned that that is where we were heading.

We liked our food. The decor inside and out was right on for the place. The downside was that they use plastic cutlery and styrofoam cups.

There are newer reviews for Davy's Hot Dogs

Reviewed October 1, 2013

"Potato wedges" are nothing more than boiled potatos cut into cubes-and as an added treat you get the blackened parts that should have been cut off. The liquified facsimiles of both the sour cream and yellow cheese that are squirted on will leave a nasty taste in your mouth.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stopped here after a busy day of multiple meetings. It was actually closing time but the staff said it was fine and to take my time. I always look for places like this when traveling and was very pleased. Service was fast and prices were very reasonable. I would recommend this place if you want a good hot dog. The pierogies are also great!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The hotel did not offer a reasonably priced breakfast so we sought out this place. Very nice and fast made while you wait breakfast.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Davy Dogs has been around since I was a kid. I remember Dave selling his hot dogs every summer, when he was home from college, in a push cart on the side of the road. My dad took me for Davy Dogs as a father son treat and I started the tradition with my sons.

He went from push cart to RV to an actual structure.

Every year the place looses its nostalgia. The hot dog size (diameter) gets smaller every year, a drive thru and now he is selling alcohol.

This now turned into a place which is looking for Route 80 traffic and not the locals. I'm sorry to say I will be looking for a new father son tradition.

1  Thank leztark