Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Arlington-Rockaway Area
Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington(Mount Arlington)
$129
$89
$100
$80
$75
All reviewscracker barreldunkin donutsfamily visitfree breakfastnew york cityhot tuba great place to staythe entire hotelking roombusiness travelerwould highly recommend this hotelbed was very comfortablenice roomvery nice hotelbusiness tripsaunadesk
Reviewed September 14, 2009

I just returned from this location - stayed there three nights. I found this Holiday Inn Express to be everything I wanted it to be. It was squeaky clean throughout. The room was well equipped in all the usual ways. EVERYTHING worked as it should, which seems to be exception at hotels these days. The beds were super comfortable. The free breakfast was nothing fancy but it did the job. The eating area was well stocked and maintained. Express checkout was a breeze. If you need a nice sit-down meal, a Cracker Barrel is located next door, as well as an ice cream parlor and a chicken wings eatery. I wish every hotel stay was as uneventful as this one. I would definitely recommend this location for any occasion.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank David500
Reviewed July 23, 2009

We stayed here the night before leaving on a cruise out of New York City the next morning. Close to exit off expressway, room was very large and breakfast was good.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2009

I used this hotel for my out of town wedding guests and for my wedding night. Some of the staff wasn't too friendly, however the manager was great and really helpful.
There really wasn't much to the hotel. It was clean and we had no problems. It served it's purpose as a place to sleep for the night but that's about it.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 5, 2006

We just returned from a two night stay for a wedding in Mt. Arlington. I have never experienced such a lack of service and management. We arrived and there was only one desk clerk, no manager or assistant manager. Our room was clean, and well equiped, but there was no housekeeping or any other hotel staff on duty other then the desk clerk when we checked in.The manager seemed to be on permanent vacation, as our host, the groom was desparately trying to secure a shuttle for wedding guests staying at this hotel. The manager had promised a shuttle to church and reception, but the desk clerk and shuttle company knew nothing about it. Finally with some strong suggestions to the desk clerk, the shuttle was booked. Certainly not what the groom needed to deal with on his wedding day. The day of the wedding, we left our room at about noon to visit family, and upon returning to ready ourselves for the wedding, our room was not clean, and only the four bath towels we had requested from housekeeping before leaving were in our room. The bed had not been changed, or even made up, the trash hadn't been emptied, or anything done at all. When I called the desk, only the one desk clerk was there, no manager, assistant manager of housekeeping staff at all!! Too bad, out of luck. No soap, wash clothes, clean sheets, empty trash cans, clean glasses (or any glasses) available.

• Stayed: July 2006
5  Thank WindyCityRealtor
Reviewed February 9, 2006

This was a very solid hotel and I have little to complain about after spending two nights here. It's fairly new, the beds are extremely comfortable, the bathroom was very large, clean, tons of counter space and the StaySmart shower. Good linens, etc. Room was very quiet, about 1/2 mile off I-80 so no highway noise and feels like you're in the woods despite being close to Interstate and near restaurants. Directly across from Marriott Courtyard. Hot tub was fine, with small (but decent) gym room. Good breakfast in the morning including eggs, sausage, muffins, cinnamon buns, etc. For $129/night, pretty good. Happy with the size of rooms, very clean, big TV, couch/living area, good desk/chair. Not the best if you're planning on visiting NYC, although I did do the commute one day: 10-15 min drive to Dover train station, then a 1h15m ride on the NJTransit train into Penn Station... would do it again, trains run frequently, etc. $10.50 train each way. Would stay here again if doing business in the local area. Can't go wrong.

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled on business