I am surprised by the poor to low reviews, We have stayed here many times up to a week at a time and have found the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Arlington to be a wonderful experience from the moment of check in to the time we checked out.
We feel that a complete review would help many travelers stay here s we are going to give you a detailed description. As you walk into the lobby you are greeted with apples & cookies with a complimentary USA Today Paper. The chandelier and lobby decor is exquisite and we have had more problems at the Waldorf Astoria NYC. We were promptly greeted and our room keys were perfect. The check in process is both efficient, prompt, and courteous.
All questions were answered and the hotel had several recommendations of area restaurants even though they hotel serves a nice early hotel dinner brought in by a local restaurant. I live in the area and this was a temporary stay, but the hotel staff were friendly, courteous, kind, and helpful in receiving and transmitting faxes until new housing could be arranged at a fair price and never once was one person discourteous.
The room was perfection the bedding is superb and it is soft, clean, down filled feeling, plenty of pillows, a pull out couch with bedding, and extra towels. The cleanliness was 100% in the entire facility, The room layout is perfect with a sitting area and a sleeping area where one could host family and friends without it feeling as if you are in a hotel room. The air conditioning was working 100% and I have stayed in the front and in the back and had no problem with my blinds keeping the sunshine out.
The shower and bathroom area was well stocked and when requested extra towels were brought when needed. There is a microwave and refridgerator in every room. The King Jacuzzi and Fireplace rooms are decked out for a romantic evening as we were allowed to view one by the night manager.
This hotel gave access to computers, a small gym, and a nice sauna and hot tub, when we did not know how to make it work a staff person called and had a person fix it immediately. Yes you do have to cross the breakfast area, but if you are covered with a swim wear wrap as one would properly be at any hotel with sandals or flip flops this should not be an issue.
The sauna area is curtained off so know one is viewing your sauna or jacuzzi enjoyment.
We made popcorn in our room with the microwave, rented movies, and enjoyed having our family visit together in the evenings after the complimentary dinner. If you choose not to have the complimentary dinner there are many dining choices even within walking distance which would include Crackerbarrel, Dunkin Donuts, Wingman, & Davy Dogs Plus extensive dining experiences from $-$$$$ locally. The Rockaway Mall is minutes away on Route 80 & the train to NYC is 2 traffic lights away. If you want the access to a pool you can drive to the Hackettstown Pool on Route 80 which is 20 minutes from the hotel for a nominal day rate fee.
We know different people have different experiences, but being seasoned travelers throughout the USA & other countries this hotel gives you everything you need also a refrigerator where you can bring your own beverages and keep them cool. Yes, I have done the same as people above and did not check the setting, but most important was the refrigerator was clean to perfection. The food station area of the room was stocked and clean.
Breakfast was excellent with both hot & cold items eggs, bacon, sausage, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, a GREAT pancake maker, coffee, tea, a variety of juices, bagels, muffins, breads, and more. Breakfast changes daily, but there is plenty of healthy choices, plus this is not a continental breakfast with all carbs, plenty of protein options. If you want more variety for more money stop in at The Crackerbarrel for their meals. We did both depending on each days schedule.
Also the handicap rooms are a dream for anyone with a disability as you can safely get around for all your daily and nightly needs. I found this hotel to be a great comfort in a very difficult part of my life, a true haven, for both myself, my Mom & my children. The hotel even allowed my children to have their friends visit as this was a very stressful time as we were transitioning to a new life without a place to live or stay due to multiple reasons.
The hotel staff worked with us on anything we asked and not once did they tell us "No". Every possible accommodation was made to make all of us comfortable, to not disrupt my children's lives, and to re-locate our family. If we needed a fax sent at 10 p.m. the front desk did it, without any problems, if we needed anything it was provided without hesitation.
Honestly, I have stayed in over 20 hotels in New Jersey, 10 in NYC, and many Bed & Breakfasts plus traveled internationally. Our experience here made us feel like we had a temporary home until we could secure a new place to live and without the help of the staff, housekeeping, and management this would not have happened. If you give the Holiday Inn Express an opportunity and remember that in today's economy one must have a bit of patience with smaller staffing you can have a wonderful, economic, and a great place to stay. Ask about Triple AAA discounts or military discounts also. This hotel will work with you and you will receive more than any other hotel in Mt. Arlington and we have stayed at both. Yes, it is missing the pool which we know families love, but for all the extra's this hotel provides it is worth giving it a chance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt. Arlington, New Jersey is located in the hub of Morris County and conveniently located at exit 30 off Interstate 80 near Rockaway & Parsippany NJ. The Holiday Inn Express Mount Arlington is ideal for your travel needs whether for business or pleasure. Each of our guest suites features include free high-speed Internet and free local phone calls. Take advantage of our 24-hour business center then unwind in our soothing hot tub or relax in the sauna. Or just workout in our fitness room after a long day. Start the day off right with our complimentary Express Start breakfast including our signature cinnamon buns. Our meeting space and outstanding service makes the Holiday Inn Express Mt. Arlington's meeting center perfect for hosting that special event or business meeting. Whether your visiting Mt. Arlington, New Jersey to shop at the International Trade Zone or relaxing at Lake Hopatcong, the largest lake in New Jersey or visiting some of our local companies like BASF, M&M Mars, Lucent, Siemens or Rudolph Technologies the Holiday Inn Express will meet whatever your needs are. Stay Smart. Stay at the Holiday Inn Express when you visit Mt. Arlington, NJ. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Arlington-Rockaway Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites - Mt. Arlington
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Mt. Arlington Hotel Mount Arlington
- Holiday Inn Mount Arlington
- Mount Arlington Holiday Inn