“A Rare Gem in an Improbable Place”

Blossom Asian Bistro
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 21, 2012

"Asian Fusion" is usually a red flag to anyone who simply wants a good meal, but in this case it works. The menu is creative and the dishes well executed, If you find yourself in the neighborhood, stop by.

Reviewed January 28, 2012

On a Saturday for lunch or during the week for dinner, you cannot beat the careful care the cooks, chefs and servers give to you and the food. Service is always polite and unobtrusive. My husband always gets the chicken Pad Thai and it is always the same; now that's a consistent kitchen! Today, for lunch, I had a lunch special of Spicy Mango Prawns. I got five huge prawns surrounded by perfectly ripe mango slices and vegetables in a mildly spiced sauce that thinly clung to the items in the dish. The special lunch came with a choice of a soup (or salad) and a choice of rice (white or brown). If you have tended to shy away from brown rice, have it here! It is a reddish brown color, and with a bit of soy sauce you can add, it is chewy without being gummy. The bowl of miso soup was velvety with tiny bits of tofu and just the right amount of scallions (I am not a fan of scallions and usually request they leave them off, but I forgot today and it was just great anyway!). We both cleaned our plates and were delightfully full, so I will just add, I would be very sad if this place goes away. Have a meal here soon; I promise that from their Sushi specials to hot food, they do it all expertly well.
P.S. it is a family and kid-friendly place; it can get loud on busy nights, but the tables are nicely spaced.