“Burgers and Steaks”

Collin's Pub
Ranked #18 of 50 Restaurants in Morris Plains
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Small very crowed bar but has very good food. The steaks come in all sizes and the burgers are great also...I like very much worth the wait..

Reviewed August 23, 2012

what do u feel like? burger? the best - and always cooked right! steak? so much better than the steakhouse 2 doors down. Chicken? so flavorful! and the nightly specials? you cannot beat them!!! Meatloaf thursdays - our favorite - check this place out - it's more than a pub.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

Went for a quick beer and decided to try the Rib steak with Marsala sauce and sauteed mushrooms. This was the Wednesday night special and it was fantastic. Nice hometown bar atmosphere even though the locals were rooting for the Rangers.

Reviewed March 24, 2012

Let me clarify that I mean no insult in calling the food average. I went here with my wife and four friends. All of us had different meal ideas, and we ranged from pretty laid-back diners to finicky. Most meals were assessed to be fair to good, mine was really good, and one was not received very well. From the range of what was ordered, it appeared that this place does best when it sticks to the basics of a bar that serves food, but that it also can do an admirable job with specials - which I asume are carefully chosen based on the cook's comfort zone of skills. The rest of the dishes either need work or they should be dropped from the menu.
This is, after all, a bar that serves food. When you enter, the bar and it's somewhat loud, neighborhood ambience predominate, so that the dining tables are noticed only after a moment of absorbing the atmosphere. The waitress was fast, efficient, and friendly even in dealing with some challenging customers. Several of us indicated that we had a problem with the volume of the music (aging ears!), so she turned it down. When we still weren't comfortable, she had the music turned off! That would be grounds for revolt in many bars, but the rest of the patrons just continued their drinks and conversation without pause. The waitress was equally responsive to our changed orders and other issues, includding my annoying sense of humor. We probably caused her more work than any other table, but she took it all in stride, and did everything in her power to assure our satisfaction.
Overall, I wouldn't mind going back here, even if it might not be my first destination of choice.