“Decent Viet/Thai food”

Lemongrass Viet-Thai Restaurant
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Vietnamese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Lemongrass Viet-Thai restaurant. Come experience healthy and delicious Asian cuisine in a modern casual atmosphere. Lemongrass offers outstanding service, superior flavors from Vietnam and Thailand at an exceptional value. We look forward to seeing you at Lemongrass.
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Just a heads up, if you compare Lemongrass to other Vietnamese or Thai restaurants, it'll be 3/5. I'm bumping it up to four because I can't really find a convenient Vietnamese or Thai restaurant within the vicinity of my home town.

The decor is very modern and slick. It definitely beats out most Asian restaurants. However, prices for food take a slight hike as a result. In addition, the food menu has some interesting selections that aren't at other restaurants of its kind.

Unfortunately, I haven't ventured to the Thai portion of Lemongrass's main menu yet. As for the Vietnamese, the pho is okay, but the vermicelli bowl's are delicious. They include more meat choices and allow for adding additional toppings. The spring rolls and the shrimp rolls are pretty standard-tasting. For the ethnic drinks, I'm always happy to see the best of both worlds -- Thai iced tea and Vietnamese coffee.

Overall, Lemongrass is pretty good. There's not much seating, but it also hasn't been overly busy the times I've been there.

1  Thank Tunaidi

Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Went here for dinner on a weeknight for the 1st time. At first glance, its easy to overlook this place because of its location - in a tiny strip mall. The inside is decorated quite well. The service I received was spectacular. I had the Appetizer sampler to start along with a more-than-generous portion of the Malaysian noodles as my main dish. Both were excellent! The most shocking thing to me was the price. Two entrees, an app, and the bill came to $36. I will most certainly be back here again!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Yelp and TA both had positive reviews so I stopped during a corp training session.

Waitress was inattentiveness despite not having many customers. Two waitresses stood around chatting and laughing while I was ready to order. The manager and busboy were very attentive however.

Ordered beef carpaccio - raw beef dish intended to be served cold. The carpaccio I received was served in a lukewarm plate, the thin beef was consequently also warm, and seemed like a slice of beef that would have topped a pho dish (I.e. machine sliced instead of pounded down like a true carpaccio) and a light pink instead of blood red color. I would suggest the restaurant ditching this dish altogether.

I also ordered a pho dish and the meat was quite delicious but over blanched (the beef should be cooking in the broth when served) and the noodles were under blanched which impacts the flavor of the soup which was otherwise quite good.

I enjoyed the ambiance of the place and the other dish I ordered, and the prices were quite reasonable. I think they have a local following for good food so I hope my experience was isolated. But I would suggest hey remove the carpaccio dish from the menu..

2  Thank HC_LA
James W, General Manager at Lemongrass Viet-Thai Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thank you for your comments about your experience at our restaurant. The owner and myself went over your concerns, while you were having dinner at Lemongrass. First I want to say I personally apologize on behalf of the staff that was here and waited on you. I am the General Manager that was here that night and I do appreciate your positive feedback on the food-runners attentiveness. Lemongrass takes pride on the diner having an A+ experience when dining at our restaurant each and every time. So I addressed the behavior and service that was lacking that night and since have had re-addressed this subject with all of the Lemongrass staff that continues to strive to make your experience a great one!
Second, the owner and myself have also took a good look at the carpaccio dish you had that evening. Thank you for letting us know the issues you had with the dish. The carpaccio dish is a dish that we were looking at possibly changing and making some adjustments. Again, we take pride in our service and our fresh ingredients in every order, so I do appreciate the feedback from you regarding this. I really want to say thank you for your comments and I would love for you to come again so we can do what we strive to do every single day...make your experience a great one!

~Thomas

Reviewed June 21, 2013

My friend recommended this restaurant to meet for dinner. We both love Asian food in general. We shared spring rolls, shrimp soft rolls and pho. I also ordered pork chops, but I had to take it to go! Too much food. I don't remember when was the last time I had good spring rolls - so yummy.

It is not appealing from outside. Inside, Lemongrass looks quite clean.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I had to try after rave reviews from the in-laws, but I'm not sure it made such a fabulous impression on me. Its one of those restaurant experiences that was neither bad nor amazing, just pretty good. The starters we had included the coconut chicken soup (very good- I'd order any day) and then the chicken and beef satay skewers (peanut sauce could use more acid, lime or something) and then shrimp rolls (these were fine, but uninspired.) I had the shrimp green curry, which tasted good but was incredibly annoying to eat. Personally, I hate when shrimp are presented tail-on in a dish that is basically soup, so you have to fish it out, let it cool, rip the tails off, (getting dirty) and then re-assemble your dish. I just thought, geez, this isn't easy to eat. Neither was the vermicelli dish another person in our party ordered. No dish was bad, but there's just some details I thought were overlooked. Namely, how easy is this food to eat the way its presented?? I always ask myself two questions- can I make this better at home? (yes, most of this food I have made a home and liked better) and would I order each of these dishes again? (coconut chicken soup- Yes, everything else- no.) This is the kind of place that is pretty close to being four stars, with a little more thoughtfulness to the diner's experience...and a bit more inspiration in the kitchen. The service was delightful, attentive. The atmosphere is modern and clean feeling. Nice place to try- but not the best Thai I've had in the area. Keep trying though!

1  Thank Shannon K