“Cute Place”

Lemongrass Viet-Thai Restaurant
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Vietnamese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Lemongrass Viet-Thai restaurant. Come experience healthy and delicious Asian cuisine in a modern casual atmosphere. Lemongrass offers outstanding service, superior flavors from Vietnam and Thailand at an exceptional value. We look forward to seeing you at Lemongrass.
Reviewed June 21, 2013

My friend recommended this restaurant to meet for dinner. We both love Asian food in general. We shared spring rolls, shrimp soft rolls and pho. I also ordered pork chops, but I had to take it to go! Too much food. I don't remember when was the last time I had good spring rolls - so yummy.

It is not appealing from outside. Inside, Lemongrass looks quite clean.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I had to try after rave reviews from the in-laws, but I'm not sure it made such a fabulous impression on me. Its one of those restaurant experiences that was neither bad nor amazing, just pretty good. The starters we had included the coconut chicken soup (very good- I'd order any day) and then the chicken and beef satay skewers (peanut sauce could use more acid, lime or something) and then shrimp rolls (these were fine, but uninspired.) I had the shrimp green curry, which tasted good but was incredibly annoying to eat. Personally, I hate when shrimp are presented tail-on in a dish that is basically soup, so you have to fish it out, let it cool, rip the tails off, (getting dirty) and then re-assemble your dish. I just thought, geez, this isn't easy to eat. Neither was the vermicelli dish another person in our party ordered. No dish was bad, but there's just some details I thought were overlooked. Namely, how easy is this food to eat the way its presented?? I always ask myself two questions- can I make this better at home? (yes, most of this food I have made a home and liked better) and would I order each of these dishes again? (coconut chicken soup- Yes, everything else- no.) This is the kind of place that is pretty close to being four stars, with a little more thoughtfulness to the diner's experience...and a bit more inspiration in the kitchen. The service was delightful, attentive. The atmosphere is modern and clean feeling. Nice place to try- but not the best Thai I've had in the area. Keep trying though!

1  Thank Shannon K
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We shared spring rolls (good), papaya salad (fair), calamari (excellent!), chicken fried rice (excellent!), scallops with snow peas (meh), and mango rice for dessert (not good). Overall, the food was good, fresh, and large portions - we just would make a couple of alternate selections the next time. Service was gracious and attentive. BYO

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Since this is right around the block from where I live, we've been there a couple of times. BYOB, which makes the value of the food even more fantastic.

The food is really good and you can name your spicy-ness. I have yet to try their soup noodles but I'm sure it's good as I see people ordering them. Atmosphere of the restaurant is very zen. Seems to be always crowded, but that's a good sign.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

This restaurant exceeded my expectations. I was impressed with the food but more importantly the service from my waitress. She knew the menu, was knowledgeable with the food, and explained everything. It made a happy ending to a long day on the roads. The Vermicelli Bowls are excellent. I travel between NY and Washington DC often and this is going to be a stop for lunch and dinner on my way to and fro. Girlfriend and I enjoyed it very much.

1  Thank Moggie6