Candlewood Suites Parsippany - Morris Plains
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Morris Plains
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
“Good hotel”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I recently stayed at this place on my way to the New York - North Jersey area. The hotel is a good value for money. I was travelling with my extended family and hence had reserved 2 double bed rooms. Unfortunately they do not have a double bed room, though shown on their reservation system. I was glad that the staff at the hotel was able to accommodate me and gave me a suite and 2 studios to accommodate everyone. Really appreciate that gesture.The rooms are clean. There has been some recent changes to the roads in the area and hence my GPS faltered a little in the last half a mile of the route.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed with The Candlewood brand several times for business but Candlewood in Morris Plains always goes above and beyond to make my stay enjoyable.

Check in girl is always pleasant and greets you with a warm smile and when you check out the make sure you had a great stay. Rooms are clean and fully equipped . Everything you need to make sure your comfortable is in the room.
I always look forward to coming back

• Stayed June 2014
Perth
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in October and found the hotel to be good value for money. Our days were spent in New York so we did not spend a lot of time at the hotel. The rooms were spacious and well equipped. Only a 5 minute drive to downtown Morris Plains for restaurants. All in all a good stay.

• Stayed October 2013
Austin, Texas
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I stayed at this particular hotel a couple of times. This time has been the worst. The rooms were not the most pleasant. The hotel had a distinct order. Handicapped front desk staff girl was very helpful and came to my room with air freshner as well as manager who offered to change rooms.

Upon check out, I had to wait for about 5 minutes till the front desk lady finished her conversation . She was speaking in Haitian or another language to another black women and didn't even acknowledge me. Just gave me my reciept and turned around and continued her conversation.
I've stayed at hotels all around the state and have never seen such bad customer service. Miya made my stay experience horrible. I called and left a message to speak to managment and it was the same women who picked up. Still have not received a call. At this point I will never return.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Stevenbal
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Parsippany - Morris Plains, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear Stevenbal,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. We are sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to the area.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Morris Plains hotels

Morristown, New Jersey
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Checked in for 4 days. HOTEL DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY HOUSEKEEPING AT ALL! Towels or getting garbage thrown out is not available. Shuttle service is a JOKE. Not sure why its even offered when the driver is "busy" and the scheduling system consists of getting a cell number and being told to figure it out with him. Not impressed

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Samuel M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Parsippany - Morris Plains, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Dear Samuel M,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. My apologies for the inconvenience you experienced over some aspects during your stay. Rest assured that your comments will be looked into and take actions accordingly. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Thompson s Station, Tennessee
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I drove into the parking lot around 11pm, this was a few days after a huge snowstorm. The parking lot was horrible, there was snow every where, no safe place to park on the premises. I wound up squeezing my rental car into a back corner with the tires up on a snow bank so I wouldn't block anyone. Next walking across the lot with my luggage was treacherous, there was very little salt on the parking lot so extremely slippery.

I next walk into reception, the lady was nice enough (I am probably being overly critical because of my feelings on the whole stay). She handed me my check-in documents, I filled them out and handed them back. She said I forgot to sign the "Damage Waiver" and handed them back. I asked what it was for, and she said it was an agreement on my part that if I make the room too dirty they can charge me extra for the cleaning. I replied that I have never signed one of these in 15 years of travel and was this hotel in such a bad area it was necessary? She said it was for big parties...

Finally feeling frustrated and annoyed I just wanted to get to my room, do a little work, go to bed and leave this hotel. I walk to my room, open the door and felt like I had walked into one of those indoor smoking areas you see at airports. It was awful and normally I would have returned for a new room, but after the rest of my experience I just decided to get through it and leave in the morning. I should have walked out, I had a low grade upset stomach the rest of the night from that smell.

I tried to do a little work, several websites I tried to get to were blocked by the wifi provider as file-sharing. I gave up, went to sleep and left early in the morning.

Stay anywhere but here, sleep in your car if you must. I used to be a regular at IHG hotels, I traveled extensively overseas and would stay at Holiday Inn's and Intercontinentals. This experience has made me question the judgement of IHG, is there no quality control in your hotel chain?

Room Tip: There are no good rooms, sleep in your car
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank RobertInTN
Brian C, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Parsippany - Morris Plains, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns and experience. We apologize for any inconvenience you have encountered during your visit. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. In this case we have fallen short of your expectations. We take all comments and concerns seriously and will be discussing your comments in our next management meeting. Please contact management directly and we will be happy to assist you with your next visit to the area. If you allow us another chance, you will see that we can deliver what you want.
Brian C
Jupiter
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I was snowed in here in this terrilbe winter (2014) and the Suite was comfortable, well designed, with free wifi and a far above average Kitchen. I checked in more than two hours early (about 1:30 pm) because of the weather, and was accomodated with understandng and no drama or fuss. The Suite had a fine bath, modern facilities, and staff that couldn'b be more helpful. Needless to say, I was impressed with the caliber of this suite hotel available at a more than reasonable price for this area. It is also conveniently located for the area. I've stayed in many hotels with far more stars after their name that are not even close.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
#4 of 16 in Parsippany
Residence Inn Parsippany
Residence Inn Parsippany
#13 of 16 in Parsippany

Been to Candlewood Suites Parsippany - Morris Plains? Share your experiences!