“" I felt like I was on an episode of MTV's PUNK'd "”

Candlewood Suites Parsippany - Morris Plains
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Morris Plains
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
“" I felt like I was on an episode of MTV's PUNK'd "”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I stay in hotels all over the United States and never have I once experienced what happened at this location. Due to our hotel rooms not being ready my coworker stored her things on the hotel cart in my room. After 25 minutes we returned back to the hotel and here is where everything went wrong. The front desk agent notified us that she went into my room because she needed the cart for another guest. Yes, that's right .... she took it upon her self to ENTER my room WITHOUT my permission. I immediately look around the corner to assume that I was on an episode of PUNK'd. !! I must say that the front desk agent crossed the line. I would like to warn you that another guest told me that she experienced the same thing. Just be sure to look out for the camera's because you may feel like you have been PUNK'd too. Safe Travels !

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank worldtravler2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Parsippany - Morris Plains, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear worldtravler2012,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Kindly accept our sincerest apology for the unacceptable service that you received during your stay. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests. We would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
bangkok
Reviewed May 13, 2012

this is a type of hotel for a long stay so there is no daily house keeping service, they will clean your room once every week. I had to take my trash out and put in the bin provided, make my own bed, clean dishes everyday. So this is the down side considering you paid money for convenience of a hotel room. the queen bed suite I stayed in was quite small. the queen bed can only fit 2 persons. I had to sleep on the pull out sofa with my son. the pull out sofa was not comfortable to sleep in because the mattress was too soft.

special recognition and thanks to Ashleigh (if I had her name right). she was a wonderful receptionist and would always there to help with a smile. Candlewood did well in finding her and keeping her here.

don;t trust your gps to find this hotel. it was on the map all right but the gps will give you confusing instructions to go at wrong directions since this hotel is just off highway at crossed roads. just use your own observation and you won;t get lost. there are many good shops and restaurants nearby if you have a car.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed March 21, 2012

SUPER Friendly staff, clean rooms, safe area, and not a bad price!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank DBQE
Reviewed February 1, 2012

I typically like Candlewood suites. This one is under construction. The TV in my room didn't even work. There was plastic on the floors throughout the hotel. Things were generally a mess. Not sure how long before construction will be done. Required to sign a document saying I would not be excessively messy in the room or I would need to pay a fine of $250. I've never seen any hotel have this type of document before.

• Stayed January 2012

Travelers are raving about these Morris Plains hotels

Boerne, TX
Reviewed December 23, 2011

While this hotel is not the HIlton or the Marriott it is an excellent value and the staff cannot be beat. I've been here for six months now. I spent the first three weeks at a local competitor and moved here after becoming frustrated with washers and dryers always out of service.

This hotel attracts primarily the long term stayer and while you will find a nicely equipped kitchen in your room you will not find a hotel restaurant or bar. The things I like about this place are the free washers and dryers which almost always are working, the Candlewood Cupboard it you have the munchies or just need a soda and the friendly, cheerful and professional staff.

The hotel is working on a complete renovation and I'm excited to see the outcome, especially since I plan to continue to stay here another 6 months. Noise proofing is not the greatest but I haven't had any problems with noisy neighbors.

I would strongly recommend you give this hotel an opportunity if you are in the market for medium to long term stay.

Room Tip: Look for an end room on the third floor.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Recently stayed here for 2 nights while in the area on business, it could have been a lot better.

After arriving at the hotel around 8pm I found the "dial 0 on the lobby phone to contact a representative" sign on the counter. I understand this practice for late night check-ins but thought this was a little unnecessary at a fairly common check in time. Then, had to wait 10 minutes for a representative to come to the counter. As a Priority Club member you become accustomed to certain perks: a gift bag, a snack, a bottle of water, etc. Now I know not all hotels will offer this, but in this case there was a wheel that you could spin to get a free item out of the pantry - a chance at that was not offered to me. I know this sounds nit-picky, but I am a very loyal IGH customer and deserve the best service possible.

So after the check in was the dimly lit walk to my room. The hallways were very dark and frankly, dirty. When I got to my room its the normal suite, everything looked ok....until I got to the bathroom. The bathroom floor tiles were cracked and loose while the bathtub was stained and the showerhead had mineral buildup and looked very old.

One thing I do like about the Candlewood Suites is the pantry. It is always a convenient place (albeit overpriced) to pick up a bottle of water or a snack for those who don't want to leave the hotel. But this was also found to be disappointing. The selection wasn't very well stocked and lacked organization.

Now, all of this could have been acceptable if the price was right, but at over $100/night to me, all of this is unacceptable. I did see signs that the hotel was going to be going through renovations in the near future - around 12/8 or so if I remember correctly but that is no excuse for general cleaning/housekeeping services to go overlooked.

Unless the price is right, I'd wait until the renovations are complete to book a stay here.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Suitable for long stays around Parsippany Morris Plains area

Positives
Offers good value for money on price, bookings over 30 days come with good discount
For IT professionals travelling from India, you will find yourself company
Bed and Bathroom are neat and comfortable with all necessary equipments
Internet is not too bad
Cleaning is once per week
Staff is generally helpful but not necessarily polite
Complimentary shuttle service to offices around the hotel, and once a week to the Indian grocery store. Helps save on the cab fare

Negatives
Accesible by Route 10, but except for a gas station, there is no other place one can walk to for restaraunts or shopping. The Kohl's center is about 15-20minutes away walking, can be accessed during summer but not in winer
Internet could be faster
More TV and entertainment options
No restaraunt in the hotel

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
HYATT house Parsippany/Whippany
Hampton Inn Parsippany
Hampton Inn Parsippany
#4 of 16 in Parsippany

Been to Candlewood Suites Parsippany - Morris Plains? Share your experiences!