“Under construction”

Candlewood Suites Parsippany - Morris Plains
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Morris Plains
Reviewed February 1, 2012

I typically like Candlewood suites. This one is under construction. The TV in my room didn't even work. There was plastic on the floors throughout the hotel. Things were generally a mess. Not sure how long before construction will be done. Required to sign a document saying I would not be excessively messy in the room or I would need to pay a fine of $250. I've never seen any hotel have this type of document before.

• Stayed: January 2012

Reviewed December 23, 2011

While this hotel is not the HIlton or the Marriott it is an excellent value and the staff cannot be beat. I've been here for six months now. I spent the first three weeks at a local competitor and moved here after becoming frustrated with washers and dryers always out of service.

This hotel attracts primarily the long term stayer and while you will find a nicely equipped kitchen in your room you will not find a hotel restaurant or bar. The things I like about this place are the free washers and dryers which almost always are working, the Candlewood Cupboard it you have the munchies or just need a soda and the friendly, cheerful and professional staff.

The hotel is working on a complete renovation and I'm excited to see the outcome, especially since I plan to continue to stay here another 6 months. Noise proofing is not the greatest but I haven't had any problems with noisy neighbors.

I would strongly recommend you give this hotel an opportunity if you are in the market for medium to long term stay.

Room Tip: Look for an end room on the third floor.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Recently stayed here for 2 nights while in the area on business, it could have been a lot better.

After arriving at the hotel around 8pm I found the "dial 0 on the lobby phone to contact a representative" sign on the counter. I understand this practice for late night check-ins but thought this was a little unnecessary at a fairly common check in time. Then, had to wait 10 minutes for a representative to come to the counter. As a Priority Club member you become accustomed to certain perks: a gift bag, a snack, a bottle of water, etc. Now I know not all hotels will offer this, but in this case there was a wheel that you could spin to get a free item out of the pantry - a chance at that was not offered to me. I know this sounds nit-picky, but I am a very loyal IGH customer and deserve the best service possible.

So after the check in was the dimly lit walk to my room. The hallways were very dark and frankly, dirty. When I got to my room its the normal suite, everything looked ok....until I got to the bathroom. The bathroom floor tiles were cracked and loose while the bathtub was stained and the showerhead had mineral buildup and looked very old.

One thing I do like about the Candlewood Suites is the pantry. It is always a convenient place (albeit overpriced) to pick up a bottle of water or a snack for those who don't want to leave the hotel. But this was also found to be disappointing. The selection wasn't very well stocked and lacked organization.

Now, all of this could have been acceptable if the price was right, but at over $100/night to me, all of this is unacceptable. I did see signs that the hotel was going to be going through renovations in the near future - around 12/8 or so if I remember correctly but that is no excuse for general cleaning/housekeeping services to go overlooked.

Unless the price is right, I'd wait until the renovations are complete to book a stay here.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Suitable for long stays around Parsippany Morris Plains area

Positives
Offers good value for money on price, bookings over 30 days come with good discount
For IT professionals travelling from India, you will find yourself company
Bed and Bathroom are neat and comfortable with all necessary equipments
Internet is not too bad
Cleaning is once per week
Staff is generally helpful but not necessarily polite
Complimentary shuttle service to offices around the hotel, and once a week to the Indian grocery store. Helps save on the cab fare

Negatives
Accesible by Route 10, but except for a gas station, there is no other place one can walk to for restaraunts or shopping. The Kohl's center is about 15-20minutes away walking, can be accessed during summer but not in winer
Internet could be faster
More TV and entertainment options
No restaraunt in the hotel

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Brijesh S
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Service and the attitude of the staff is one the most important aspects of any hotel stay to me and In that respect this place is great. I find myself again having to say again that it is not the Hilton, If you can afford the Hilton go there. I wouldn't because they don't have smoking rooms. Once in a while I go to a nice Hotel looking for some peace and quiet and this hotel is tucked away and surrounded by stands of trees, with the windows closed it was pretty and quiet. Do not complain about highway noise in New Jersey, there is virtually no place to get away from it. Everything in the room worked, I was very comfortable and felt very secure.

Room Tip: The smoking rooms are on the 3rd floor
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed April 5, 2011

Pluses: Cheap, located on NJ 10, a main commuter artery. Ample parking. Dogs allowed and welcomed for minimal fee, including larger dogs...rare in the industry.

Minuses: Checkin was horrible. They weren't even prepared with paperwork, and I reserved a week before. Time lost: 20 minutes.
Rooms are not quiet. This hotel is a wood frame construction, you hear everything above, below, and on both sides. Most rooms adjoin, so you get the added benefit of cooking smells and late night noise from the neighbors. No thanks.

Internet: slow, varies with time of day.

Cable channels: surprisingly good variety, but with a 90's era television and DVD, no HDTV here.

Decent cleanliness, but my bathroom needed retiling...loose tiles are a safety hazard and should never be tolerable. Bed linens were clean, and towels were fluffier than I expected.

In-room kitchenette was poorly equipped (no bottle opener, a basic) but the microwave and fridge were handy.

This hotel caters to families in transition from rental or home, and the budget traveler. I thought I'd try it out, but I'll be scaling up for my next visit to this area. There are alternatives.

Overall, I never expect much from IHC properties. They are inconsistent, and vary with the licensee. The property is probably spot on for the price point, but not my preferred.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank travel_wahoo
Reviewed January 24, 2010

This is an extended stay place, somewhat geared towards business travelers staying a week or more, so it may not be for everyone. It doesn't have a swimming pool or restaurant on site or some of those other features of 3 star and higher hotels, but that didn't bother us.

For us it was everything we could hope for. It is tucked away in a quiet location. It was very clean. It has a small kitchenette, fridge & mircrowave so we were able to heat up our own dinner and save $$. Bed was comfy. They had a place to buy snacks, breakfast or microwave meals.

Our only complaint was the lack of a free continental breakfast that so many other hotels offer, but since this is an extended-stay place, that might explain why it's not offered. Also, if you need two beds this may not be the place for you. No rooms had two beds, except for a suite (with pull-out sofa).

All-in-all it was a pleasant, but brief stay.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Residence Inn Parsippany
Residence Inn Parsippany
#13 of 16 in Parsippany
Extended Stay America - Hanover - Parsippany

Been to Candlewood Suites Parsippany - Morris Plains? Share your experiences!