“A mst enjoyable visit!” 4 of 5 bubbles

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“A mst enjoyable visit!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

My wife and I go to Massage Envy twice a month; and because our schedules vary we often get a different therapist. In our experiences I must say they have all been positive.

Visited August 2012

Portland, Oregon
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Only if your LMT is completely booked and you're desparate”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

for a "drive by" massage place, there are much better establishments to go, especially given the price comparisons. The masseuse I had was awful - he did ask what specifically I wanted him to focus on (head, neck and back) - and for a 60-minute session he got halfway around my body. He did my arms, legs and feet ever AFTER I asked him to focus on my back - to which he replied "it's all connected, you'll feel better when I'm done, guarantee". Well, sorry pal, I didn't feel better when you were done. Not going back, not recommending. Rather pay a few extra bucks to hit my regular "spa" where they understand what areas to focus on and actually talk to you about how its going.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank LongshotDC
Long Valley, New Jersey
“Poor treatment of dues-paying members!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

I have been a dues paying member for a number of years, though I have rarely gone in to get my massage. A couple of months ago, my credit card was stolen and I neglected to call them with a replacement card number. (They did leave me a couple of messages, but I was thinking of cancelling anyway.) When I called today to make an appointment to use one of the dozen or so massages I had accumulated, I was informed that since my membership had lapsed they were all gone, and even if I renewed right now I could not get them back. Probably twenty massages I had paid for - POOF! Gone! Not cool!

Visited February 2012
Oakland, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“These guys only care about you signing the contract....make sure to read it very closely.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

Massage Envy refuses to allow me as a customer to use my 12 pre-pays while my account is paused. They have a tremendous amount of policies preventing me as a client to use the service that I have paid for unless I give them a new credit card and allow more charges to take place.

My issue is simple, I'm not being allowed to use the service that I have paid for....in other words they are refusing to deliver the service they promised unless I give them more money and or adhere to all of their policies which all equate to extracting more money from me.

I have asked to merely pause my account so no further charges take place and to allow me to use the service that I HAVE ALREADY PAID FOR during that time.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Chris P
Great Meadows, New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great massages at an affordable price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

I was signed up by my bridal party when I got married four years ago. I stuck to the same therapist for three years and once he left I tried three others until I found a good fit for me. Now I go to Matt who gives a great deep tissue without going overboard. The massages here just like many spas are 50 minutes and if you are a member it's $49. They also roll over if you miss a month and then you can use two together for an hour and fifty minutes which I do often.