“THE FOOD IS AMAZING”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I go here about once a month to get my fix. The food is just outstanding. Fresh, and true to the italian recipe's I love!!! The service is always perfect, everyone is friendly and makes you feel that they sincerely care about your overall experience. I go on weekends and even when it gets really packed I still feel special and taken care of. But back to the food!!! The gnocchi is to die for, and the specials are unique and scrumptious like crab and avocado salad! I will be back as always :)

1  Thank PhillyFoodlover

Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

I recently brought a party of Six people to Thomas restaurant for a meal. The food was outstanding, the servers were very friendly and the atmosphere was very quaint. We did here a nearby table discuss being there an hour and a half. What do people expect on a busy Saturday night isn't the point of going out to eat to relax and enjoy some wine and good food.

1  Thank john2432
Reviewed March 9, 2013

My wife and I decided to bring her parents here for dinner one night to catch up and have a relaxing evening out. The night started off well and the servers were very attentive, but that soon changed. We waited over 45 minutes for appetizers and more than an hour for our entrees to arrive. We watched as the so called "regulars" sit down a 1/2 hour after us and receive their food before us. We observed and made excuses for the staff saying maybe we ordered more complex dishes than the other customers. Once the entrees arrived I bit into a huge piece of plastic, totally ruined my appetite. When this was brought to the servers attention he looked at me like I had 20 eyes. He did not offer to fix or do anything to make the situation better. Instead I sat there and watched the rest of our company enjoy their dinner and occasionally stole a piece of my wife's veal (which was mediocre, at best). From there we ordered some coffee and were sent on our way. The overall experience lasted over 3.5 hours, way to long for an overstaffed restaurant that was not super busy. I unfortunately left apologizing to the in laws for an awful experience. Thomas' Ristorante will not be getting any recommendations from four additional people after this experience.

1  Thank Food E
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We ordered salads and entrées. It took an hour for the salad to arrive. We asked for our salad and still waited another 15 minutes No apology at all from the waitress. Entrées came a half hour later. Once again no apology for the wait from the waitress. Some complementary cannolis were put on our table from someone else with an apology. While the food was good we will not go back

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is actually my second review of this restaurant, and unfortunately not as good as the first. (Which was not great either). Any how on our first visit, the restaurant seemed to be short handed, so giving them the benefit of the doubt we went back. We were there with another couple. We were greeted and seated on time, but that was the highlight. We had ordered two appetizers, a Calamari, and a Cesar Flat-bread Salad, along with our meal. That alone took over 30 minutes. In all fairness, the Cesar Salad was excellent - a bit pricey, but great. On the other hand the Calamari dish was the wrong one, kind of skimpy, and very overdone. About 40 minutes later two of our meals came out, and it was nearly 10 minutes before the other two arrived. All four were just ok - nothing special. When all was said and done we spent 2 and a half hours for a so so meal.

1  Thank Rowz1

Been to Thomas' Ristorante? Share your experiences!