“Ok Food - Bad Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Thomas' Ristorante

Thomas' Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Thomas' Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 65 Restaurants in Moorestown
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Moorestown, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ok Food - Bad Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

My wife and I decided to bring her parents here for dinner one night to catch up and have a relaxing evening out. The night started off well and the servers were very attentive, but that soon changed. We waited over 45 minutes for appetizers and more than an hour for our entrees to arrive. We watched as the so called "regulars" sit down a 1/2 hour after us and receive their food before us. We observed and made excuses for the staff saying maybe we ordered more complex dishes than the other customers. Once the entrees arrived I bit into a huge piece of plastic, totally ruined my appetite. When this was brought to the servers attention he looked at me like I had 20 eyes. He did not offer to fix or do anything to make the situation better. Instead I sat there and watched the rest of our company enjoy their dinner and occasionally stole a piece of my wife's veal (which was mediocre, at best). From there we ordered some coffee and were sent on our way. The overall experience lasted over 3.5 hours, way to long for an overstaffed restaurant that was not super busy. I unfortunately left apologizing to the in laws for an awful experience. Thomas' Ristorante will not be getting any recommendations from four additional people after this experience.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Food E

Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Long wait for food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

We ordered salads and entrées. It took an hour for the salad to arrive. We asked for our salad and still waited another 15 minutes No apology at all from the waitress. Entrées came a half hour later. Once again no apology for the wait from the waitress. Some complementary cannolis were put on our table from someone else with an apology. While the food was good we will not go back

Rowz1
“Very Dissapointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is actually my second review of this restaurant, and unfortunately not as good as the first. (Which was not great either). Any how on our first visit, the restaurant seemed to be short handed, so giving them the benefit of the doubt we went back. We were there with another couple. We were greeted and seated on time, but that was the highlight. We had ordered two appetizers, a Calamari, and a Cesar Flat-bread Salad, along with our meal. That alone took over 30 minutes. In all fairness, the Cesar Salad was excellent - a bit pricey, but great. On the other hand the Calamari dish was the wrong one, kind of skimpy, and very overdone. About 40 minutes later two of our meals came out, and it was nearly 10 minutes before the other two arrived. All four were just ok - nothing special. When all was said and done we spent 2 and a half hours for a so so meal.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Rowz1
Voorhees, New Jersey
“We might try again”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

A nice little BYO storefront on historic Main Street with a very nice menu. We waited 15 minutes to be seated with a 7:30 reservation in a very cramped area near the front door. After being seated we were brought ice water quickly and orders were taken. Our appetizers were good- 2 meatballs and gravy and carpaccio. They offered a nice selection of specials and I went with the Bronzino. Although the fish was moist, it had a very bland taste and I had to ask for lemon to pep it up. I was disappointed. My dining partner ordered rare tuna and enjoyed it. Another ordered a veal dish and enjoyed that as well. It probably is worth a second try.

Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Not Bad!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

My husband and I tried this restaurant with a "groupon" for the first time. The staff was friendly. The service seemed womewhat a bit disorganized. We were in no hurry that evening, so it didn't really matter...since this is a BYO restaurant. The meatballs were awesome....just like homemade. The "other" entree was just okay. The prices are a little on the high side comparatively for the portions. Overall though, "not too bad".

• Visited January 2013