“NEW MENU COMING!”
Review of The Montville Inn

The Montville Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
The Montville Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Montville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: River Road
Transit: Boonton Train Station Towaco Train Station
Description: Whether you're looking for a convenient place for lunch, a lively dinner spot, a great date night or just drinks, the Montville Inn is contemporary restaurant dining at its best. Enjoy our eclectic menu with signature, creative dishes like Fried Deviled Eggs and Kung Pao Calamari, delicious pastas, daily fresh fish specials, and mouthwatering desserts. Outdoor dining and our glistening, copper bar make the Montville Inn a great destination for meals with family, date night, or even a business meeting. As about our private dining rooms!
Reviewed August 24, 2012

There is a new menu coming, NJ famous LuNellos is bringing their italian favorites here, i got a preview of a few items and everything was great, the Sausage, potatoes and long hot peppers and the pizza was unreal. I also had an osso bucco that i did not need a knife for, wow! Cant wait for the full menu to be implemented. Ill be back!

Reviewed July 22, 2012

MY adult son was in town and we decided to try this place again since we had not
been there for a year when we came for Sunday brunch with his (now ex) girlfriend.
We were the only people who asked to be seated on their lovely, spacious porch which
also has ceiling fans. It was a slightly humid evening but very pleasant sitting out there.
My son asked for a more upscale beer but the server came back and said it wasn't available and suggested another, which my son likes and accepted. I had a glass of pinot grigio and it was a nice one. I ordered cavatelli and broccoli which was quite tasty and my son had one of the specials which he liked alot. There was too much food for a warmer summer evening and we had both boxed to go. Our waiter was very nice and pleasant and we enjoyed a lovely early evening together. This would be a nice, romantic place (as I've told my guy friends) to take a woman for drinks/appetizers or drinks & dinner for a first date. The only change I would make
as far as ambience is I would pump in some lovely, light background music for the porch because there is alot of traffic and that would help some to disguise it.

1  Thank jansjourneys
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We've been to the Montville Inn over a dozen times. When it first opened a few years back it wasn't very good. It was also way over priced. Our second time there a waiter recommended a $300 bottle of wine... We laughed because it was a Wednesday night, no special celebration. We returned every few months with anticipation of the restaurant working out the kinks. This town only has a couple places to dine, this being bar far the most pleasant atmosphere. Finally it has hit a stride. We eat here every month or so,& would recommend to friends / family. If the bar is crowded, expect to wait for your drink. The bar definitaly has its regulars.... Best burger around.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Ok for a quick meal, I wouldn't bring guest there for a " great " meal

Reviewed April 1, 2012

From the very start we were impressed by the Inn. Our reservation was honored immediately and we were promptly seated.

The atmosphere at the Inn was very warm and inviting. There is a very good wine list.
The menu is very comprehensive, and the Inn also offers a tavern menu.

We started with the “Inn’s” Famous Calamari, ½ Kung Pao with Pineapple, the other ½ was Hot Cherry Peppers with Shallots and Garlic - plenty for sharing - a unique preparation that was excellent.

We ordered a salad and it was average - nothing special.

My wife enjoyed the Seafood Pappardelle - Baby Spinach, Grape Tomatoes, Scallops,
Salmon and Shrimp with a Truffle Roasted Garlic Sauce - Excellent

I ordered the 14oz N.Y. Strip - Caramelized Onion & Smoked Pepper Bacon Whipped Potatoes, Asparagus, topped with Roasted Garlic Butter - it was cooked to perfection.

The service was also very good - very attentive staff
Ample parking - Visit the Inn, you will not be disappointed.