Courtyard Montvale
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Park Ridge Marriott(Park Ridge)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Fair Motel(Upper Saddle River)
View Hotel
Residence Inn Saddle River(Saddle River)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskdouble doorsoak restauranttypical courtyardon site restaurantthe garden state parkwaychestnut ridgenice stayquiet locationnice roombusiness tripking roomfollowing morningcoffee makermini fridgenew jerseyclean hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

All in all this location was very good. The staff was excellent and very helpful - even for my last minute reservation. The hotel is relatively updated but showing some wear in the rooms. My biggest concern is the noise level from other rooms. I could clearly hear talking and television from the adjacent rooms even though their volume seemed reasonable. Price per night was pretty steep as well.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Modster76
MontvaleGM, General Manager at Courtyard Montvale, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Dear Modster 76,
Thank you so much for your feedback. I actually just stepped out of a meeting of which we discussed our plan to renovate the rooms later this year. I do apologize that you were disturbed by other guests. I will definitely bring that to the attention of our construction team during renovation. We hope to you have back in the future.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

When my power was restored after 10 days, I returned home to a small snowstorm and another power outage. Went to the Courtyard Marriott and got a room. The room was clean, comfortable and well appointed, but I think $250 a night is too much to charge for a room in Montvale NJ on a Wednesday night.... I've stayed at much nicer properties in much nicer locations for that price. To top it off there was a small sign at the front desk that the receptionist made sure I read saying that due to the storm there was little or no water pressure for showers. And I have to agree with one of the other reviewers the walls are very thin, I could hear pretty much everything.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Dear Leeanne F,
I am so glad we were able to accomodate you. We had so many families in at that time that the noise level was a bit louder than normal for a coprorate hotel. I can assure you that our rates are extremely competitive in the market. If ever you need a room on the weekend, you will find our rates to be much more of a value at that time since we are located in a very busy corporate area. We hope to see you in the future under normal circumstances. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed at the Montvale Marriott Courtyard during Hurricane Sandy. (from 10/28 until 11/4/12)... my family and I were so blessed. We got just what we hoped for two connecting rooms with just the right bed setups. The storm came but everything at the hotel went very smoothly considering the severity of the storm and that they were trying to accommodate everyone's needs under such adverse conditions. The staff were exceptionally caring and we were very satisfied! Many thanks to the hotel's general manager and his very professional staff Susan and family

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Susan W

Dear Susan W,
Thank you so much for your kind comments. We all did whatever possible to take care of the families in the area that did not have shelter after the storm. It is so kind of you to take the time to acknowledge our efforts. I'm glad we were able to meet your needs.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is by far the nicest Courtyard I have been to (and believe me, I have been to a lot of them). I do quite a bit of training and usually reserve meeting space at courtyards as they are more cost effective than a full service hotel.

With that being said, this Marriott Courtyard begins to blur the difference between a full service Marriott and the standard Courtyard. The lobby is spacious and gorgeous. The meeting rooms look like you are in a new full service property. Prices are a little bit higher that a standard Courtyard (the rooms are defiantly much higher), but the image is great. The only knock I have is that they charged $5 a day for a power strip, and charged for a projection screen that was much too small for the room.

For lunch, the hotel catered Hoagies in the restaurant and had some great cheesecake for desert. Overall, a definite thumbs up for this hotel - especially for meeting space.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Trikkerterry,
Thank you for staying with us and hosting your meeting here at the Courtyard. Many of our guests do tell us the same thing regarding your comment of wether we are truly a Courtyard or a full service hotel. That is such a great compliment. One of the reasons for this is because we host the Fire and Oak American Grill and bar which is quite unique to any hotel in the area. We would love to see you again the next time you are on the east coast.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I wouldn't say it's filthy; but the carpets are dirty - probably never steam cleaned is my guess. My daughter walked around in her white socks and they were dark gray by the end of the first night. There are specks on the carpeting that are still here since I've checked in - three days ago - do they vacuum? Paint is peeling off the ceiling and wall by the window - still on the floor by the window since I've checked in. A nice stink bug on the inside of the window on the track - that cannot be helped I suppose. Upon check in and after daily housekeeping service, why do the bed linens touch the floors as do the bed skirts. The pillows are lumpy. Water pressure in the bathroom is low.
Last thing which I feel very strongly about. I did take up the fitted sheet on the beds and noticed the mattresses do not have any kind of layered protection. Just fitted sheet directly over mattress. Pillow cases only have one case. This is a hygiene concern and I will not stay at this Courtyard again for that reason alone.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sh H

Dear Sh H,
I do apologize for the condition you found the hotel in immediately after Super Storm Sandy hit our area. The hotel was significantly impacted and the services you experienced were by no means typical for us at all. We were without power to a third of the hotel which also effected our water pressure. Due to all of the rain, mud and dirt was tracked into the hotel. I am happy to tell you that shortly after the storm we had every carpet in the hotel steam cleaned. At Marriott we do this twice a year on a regular basis and then more frequently as needed. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope you return under normal circumstances.