“what a caring staff with really good facilities!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Courtyard Montvale

Courtyard Montvale
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Montvale
U. Saddle River
“what a caring staff with really good facilities!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed at the Montvale Marriott Courtyard during Hurricane Sandy. (from 10/28 until 11/4/12)... my family and I were so blessed. We got just what we hoped for two connecting rooms with just the right bed setups. The storm came but everything at the hotel went very smoothly considering the severity of the storm and that they were trying to accommodate everyone's needs under such adverse conditions. The staff were exceptionally caring and we were very satisfied! Many thanks to the hotel's general manager and his very professional staff Susan and family

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Susan W
MontvaleGM, General Manager at Courtyard Montvale, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Susan W,
Thank you so much for your kind comments. We all did whatever possible to take care of the families in the area that did not have shelter after the storm. It is so kind of you to take the time to acknowledge our efforts. I'm glad we were able to meet your needs.

Paul Viapiano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Anaheim, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is by far the nicest Courtyard I have been to (and believe me, I have been to a lot of them). I do quite a bit of training and usually reserve meeting space at courtyards as they are more cost effective than a full service hotel.

With that being said, this Marriott Courtyard begins to blur the difference between a full service Marriott and the standard Courtyard. The lobby is spacious and gorgeous. The meeting rooms look like you are in a new full service property. Prices are a little bit higher that a standard Courtyard (the rooms are defiantly much higher), but the image is great. The only knock I have is that they charged $5 a day for a power strip, and charged for a projection screen that was much too small for the room.

For lunch, the hotel catered Hoagies in the restaurant and had some great cheesecake for desert. Overall, a definite thumbs up for this hotel - especially for meeting space.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Trikkerterry,
Thank you for staying with us and hosting your meeting here at the Courtyard. Many of our guests do tell us the same thing regarding your comment of wether we are truly a Courtyard or a full service hotel. That is such a great compliment. One of the reasons for this is because we host the Fire and Oak American Grill and bar which is quite unique to any hotel in the area. We would love to see you again the next time you are on the east coast.

White Plains, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

I wouldn't say it's filthy; but the carpets are dirty - probably never steam cleaned is my guess. My daughter walked around in her white socks and they were dark gray by the end of the first night. There are specks on the carpeting that are still here since I've checked in - three days ago - do they vacuum? Paint is peeling off the ceiling and wall by the window - still on the floor by the window since I've checked in. A nice stink bug on the inside of the window on the track - that cannot be helped I suppose. Upon check in and after daily housekeeping service, why do the bed linens touch the floors as do the bed skirts. The pillows are lumpy. Water pressure in the bathroom is low.
Last thing which I feel very strongly about. I did take up the fitted sheet on the beds and noticed the mattresses do not have any kind of layered protection. Just fitted sheet directly over mattress. Pillow cases only have one case. This is a hygiene concern and I will not stay at this Courtyard again for that reason alone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sh H
Dear Sh H,
I do apologize for the condition you found the hotel in immediately after Super Storm Sandy hit our area. The hotel was significantly impacted and the services you experienced were by no means typical for us at all. We were without power to a third of the hotel which also effected our water pressure. Due to all of the rain, mud and dirt was tracked into the hotel. I am happy to tell you that shortly after the storm we had every carpet in the hotel steam cleaned. At Marriott we do this twice a year on a regular basis and then more frequently as needed. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope you return under normal circumstances.

liberty twp, ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Recent 2 night stay was very good. Room was very clean and comfortable. Internet access was no extra charge and connection was easy. Front desk was friendly and helpful. Close access the Parkway. Quiet location here in North New Jersey which a very beautiful part of the country, especially during th Fall with the trees turning their colors.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank mybav1960
Dear mybav1960,
I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your visit. The fall is a very special time in this area to take in the scenery. We hope to see you again.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed at this hotel this weekend - it was the WORST hotel experience of my life. The rooms were fine as were the amenities. But at 4:30 AM I was awakened by a stranger IN MY HOTEL ROOM. Some random drunk guy got into my room using his key - the only reason I found out was because our door was sticky and he couldn't open it to get back out (and he made a lot of noise while trying which woke me up.) We complained to the staff and management and they seemed so nonchalant and acted like it wasn't a big deal (hello - he could have been a murderer or a rapist!). After multiple conversations with the manager, we learned that a) their door lock mechanism is FAULTY and sometimes it doesn't lock at which point ANY key card will open ANY door and b) this HAS HAPPENED BEFORE. And yet, the hotel has not bothered to fix this problem. And now that i've written this review - any axe murderer out there can use this information to enter any room at the hotel. So if you care about your safety - DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL. I still can't believe this happened and that the hotel knowingly lets this happen!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank PCDNY
MontvaleGM, General Manager at Courtyard Montvale, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear PCDNY,
I am very sorry to hear about the experience you encountered. We did perform a full investigation of the matter and it turns out that the individual that had a key to your room was part of the wedding group you were with at the hotel. He did explain to us that there had been an exchange of keys that evening in the bar and was very apologetic he walked into your room. Rest assured are locks are performing properly. As an added securty feature we encourage all guests to activate their dead bolt security and secure their night latch while in the room. These two additional security features will ensure that anyone with a key to your room, will not have access. Again we apologize for the experience.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Very nice hotel. Room was very quiet, although it was at the very end of the hall away from all activity. Only issue I had was the lack of food in the area, but the pub in the hotel was fine. I was alone, but this would be a great hotel to choose if traveling with coworkers/friends.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
MontvaleGM, General Manager at Courtyard Montvale, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Bfolds5,
I am very pleased to see that your stay was quiet and comfortable. In addition to our Fire & Oak American Grill, there are about 15 very good restaurants in the area, unfortunately they are not within walking distance. There is reliable inexpensive taxi service available should you not have a car with you on your next visit. I would be happy to assist you personally with these options. Please ask for me the next time you visit our hotel.

Paul Viapiano, General Manager
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

Nice place. Clean, well kept rooms. Great pool. We found the hotel to be exactly what we were looking for. Great location right between Garden StatevParkway and NY Thruway which made it easy for our family to all meet up as we travelled to a family get together.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Arnel51,
Thank you so much for staying with us. I'm glad to see that we are a convenient location for your family. We would be happy to host your next reunion at the hotel as we have several function rooms where we can hold up to 80 people. We offer full catering within the hotel and another option would be in our American Grill, Fire & Oak. We host private events in that space as well. Thank you so much for making Courtyard your choice hotel for your reunion plans.

Paul Viapiano, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montvale
Park Ridge Marriott
#1 of 1 in Saddle River
Hampton Inn Nanuet
Hampton Inn Nanuet
#2 of 5 in Nanuet

Been to Courtyard Montvale? Share your experiences!