“Great location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Courtyard Montvale
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Montvale
“Great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

Nice place. Clean, well kept rooms. Great pool. We found the hotel to be exactly what we were looking for. Great location right between Garden StatevParkway and NY Thruway which made it easy for our family to all meet up as we travelled to a family get together.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
MontvaleGM, General Manager at Courtyard Montvale, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Arnel51,
Thank you so much for staying with us. I'm glad to see that we are a convenient location for your family. We would be happy to host your next reunion at the hotel as we have several function rooms where we can hold up to 80 people. We offer full catering within the hotel and another option would be in our American Grill, Fire & Oak. We host private events in that space as well. Thank you so much for making Courtyard your choice hotel for your reunion plans.

Paul Viapiano, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
chicago, il
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Nice place overall and good location. Rooms were clean although they seemed small. I stayed on the first floor witha balcony that opened to the pool. It looked nice but did not have time to try it.
I tried to order a movie but had issues with the system. The front desk took care of the charges since we were unable to get our movie.
Take a ride up the street to Da Vincis pizza too. Nothing fancy but they make great wood fired pizzas.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Moids,
Thank you so much for the great feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. The rooms around our outdoor pool are terrific, however we do have much larger standard rooms in another section of the hotel. Please feel free to ask for that section the next time you visit us. I am such a fan of Da Vincis pizza as well. My front desk staff makes it their mission to sample all of the local eateries and recommend the best of the best to our guests. Thank you again.

Cherry Hill, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

Room Type: Standard King
Rate Paid: Points Stay
Reason For Stay: Leisure
Overall Score: 51/60

Location - 8/10

Close to the highway, easy to locate, however not much nearby if you are not their for business.

Room Design - 8/10

Standard newer courtyard room, plenty of space.

Room Amenities - 10/10

Complimentary high speed internet was fast, plenty of TV channels, lots of decent towels.

Design and Layout - 8/10

The lobby was fairly standard. Nothing memorable.

Amenities - Non Club - N/A - Did not use

Club Room - Not Applicable

Hotel Staff - 8/10

The staff was quite friendly, knew the area and was always willing to answer questions.

Dining - 7/10

Breakfast was included with the room, standard courtyard breakfast with cooked to order eggs, however that station wasn't manned when we ate. Oddly enough, ice water was not available, you had to get ice from the 2nd floor.

Comments and Notes:

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MontvaleGM, General Manager at Courtyard Montvale, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Dear Loonbeam,
Thank you so much for the great feedback regarding your recent visit to our Courtyard. We truly appreciate you taking to the time to share your experience so other travelers can get a glimpse of our hotel through your eyes. I apologize about the ice water as that is a very standard request. I will be sure to investigate to see if we had some sort of equipment malfunction. I thank you very much for your business and hope to see you soon.

PARKER
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

As a seasoned business traveler, this hotel provided all the comforts of home. Consistent high quality in cleanliness, Room Service, Work Out facility and the lobby bar truly made my trips enjoyable. Steve, the Bartender and Room Service Waiter, was always there to greet me with a smile and truly made me feel like a friend.

I ate one time at the Restaurant on property and had a horrible experience, so didn't go back there again. Never got the waitress to ever bring me water, anything to drink and never returned, even when someone else brought out the food. I may be a single woman traveler, however that's ridiculous service. The Manager thought I was stiffing them when all I was doing was heading to the Front Desk to request a pen, as this did not come with the bill I had to ask another waiter to bring to me. The Manager was just ridiculous in her excuses and huffing and puffing. I worked for Westin for years back in the day and she wouldn't last a day by those standards. And the noise volume was off the chart. Sorry, just not worth it.

Otherwise I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I always asked for a room near an exit door, but on the 2nd floor. Never noisy and easy to get in an...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Gr8FunGirl,
Thank you so much for pointing out the things you truly like about our hotel. It's great to hear that the Courtyard in Montvale is your choice when traveling to our area. I sincerely apologize for the service you encountered in Fire & Oak. This is highly unusual and completely unnacceptable. I would love to have you meet the owner of our third party restaurant and have the chance to share your experience. He is very concerned with delivering great service and I'm sure would love to have the opportunity to make this up to you. Please let me know when you will be returning to the hotel and I will make the proper arrangements for you to meet with him. Thank you again for your feedback and for your business. We hope to see you soon.

Cleveland, OH
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

Had reserved a room the night of 7/24/12 for a quick business meeting the next day. Due to a long delay out of LGA, was not able to get to Montvale until midnight. Upon check-in, I was abruptly told that my room was given away, and that I was now staying at the Residence Inn down the road. I was handed a printout of the directions off Mapquest, and sent on my way. Not knowing the area, I white-knuckled it to the Residence in total NJ darkness.

As a frequent traveler for a large local company, I will not be staying at this hotel. And I will recommend to others within my company.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear P_Diddy090,
I am so sorry that we were not able to accomodate you on your last visit to the Montvale area. I can assure you that this does not happen very frequently, however there was an unusual amount of demand in the market that day and several of our guests extended their stay unexpectedly. I am however glad that we were able to upgrade your reservation to the newly renovated Residence Inn, Saddle River which was is located four miles from our hotel. This is a beautiful hotel which includes a breakfast buffet each morning. I would personally like to handle your reservation in the future so you can experience our quite extraordinary Courtyard. I would love to hear from you and apologize again for the inconvenience.

New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

Stayed here only because it was the recommended hotel for a wedding. Room was way to small for the furnishings. Nothing in the room to assist out of towners, not even a phone book. Had to go to the desk to ask for recommendations and received a sheet with restaurants and locations only after the desk clerk tried to convince me to eat at the hotel restuarant. We found the staff to be unresponsive again when we found out the coffee maker did not work. They would not replace it. Very overpriced for the basic service and accommodations we received. Will choose a Ramada or Best Western next time.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Courtyard Montvale, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Dear Bookgirl130,
Thank you for staying with us during your event. At the Courtyard in Montvale we have gone green so we have eliminated phone books from our rooms, especially now that we have complimentary wireless internet throughout the hotel. I would like to apologize that your coffee maker was not replaced. This is simply unnacceptable. We do have extras in the hotel as machinery does occasionally fail. We also staff a manager on duty at all times to ensure all guest requests are taken care of. The food at our signature restaurant Fire & Oak is exceptional. I can say this because it is run by a local private restaurant group and not by the hotel. I apologize if our staff got a bit overzelous, but they have the food quite frequently and love it so much that they are so excited to recommend it to all of our guests. We hope you will give us another opportunity to try our many services including our outdoor pool, when you are in the area again and have more time to relax and unwind.

New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

This place was not bad. Stayed over for a wedding. The room was a good size, but for some reason to me the hotel did not have a feel of a Marriott to me personally. The bed was so/so comfortable. And the walls are paper thin. I could easily hear everything going on outside of my room. Additionally the pool was right outside of my room and I could hear people out there as well. I would stay here again if I had to for a wedding but that is probably it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank shopperhopper
MontvaleGM, General Manager at Courtyard Montvale, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Dear Shopperhopper,
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your thoughts on our hotel. The Courtyard Montvale is unique to many of the Marriott properties you may have experienced. Our design and color scheme is quite different, modern and chic compared to many hotels. We wanted to offer our guests a New York City style hotel in Montvale New Jersey, while at the same time still offering the same great Marriott customer service you are accustomed to. Now that the warm weather is here, you will find our guests kicking back in the outdoor Courtyard area from time to time. The majority of our rooms however face away from the pool. My suggestion is to request one of the many quieter rooms to avoid any pool-side gatherings. We hope to see you back soon. Hopefully on your next visit you will have time to check out our pool, fitness center and our signature restaurant, Fire & Oak. It's a local favorite.

Paul Viapiano
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montvale
Park Ridge Marriott
#1 of 1 in Saddle River
Hampton Inn Nanuet
Hampton Inn Nanuet
#2 of 5 in Nanuet

Been to Courtyard Montvale? Share your experiences!