“Stayed Every Other Week on Business”
Review of Courtyard Montvale

Courtyard Montvale
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Montvale
PARKER
“Stayed Every Other Week on Business”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

As a seasoned business traveler, this hotel provided all the comforts of home. Consistent high quality in cleanliness, Room Service, Work Out facility and the lobby bar truly made my trips enjoyable. Steve, the Bartender and Room Service Waiter, was always there to greet me with a smile and truly made me feel like a friend.

I ate one time at the Restaurant on property and had a horrible experience, so didn't go back there again. Never got the waitress to ever bring me water, anything to drink and never returned, even when someone else brought out the food. I may be a single woman traveler, however that's ridiculous service. The Manager thought I was stiffing them when all I was doing was heading to the Front Desk to request a pen, as this did not come with the bill I had to ask another waiter to bring to me. The Manager was just ridiculous in her excuses and huffing and puffing. I worked for Westin for years back in the day and she wouldn't last a day by those standards. And the noise volume was off the chart. Sorry, just not worth it.

Otherwise I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I always asked for a room near an exit door, but on the 2nd floor. Never noisy and easy to get in an...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
MontvaleGM, General Manager at Courtyard Montvale, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Dear Gr8FunGirl,
Thank you so much for pointing out the things you truly like about our hotel. It's great to hear that the Courtyard in Montvale is your choice when traveling to our area. I sincerely apologize for the service you encountered in Fire & Oak. This is highly unusual and completely unnacceptable. I would love to have you meet the owner of our third party restaurant and have the chance to share your experience. He is very concerned with delivering great service and I'm sure would love to have the opportunity to make this up to you. Please let me know when you will be returning to the hotel and I will make the proper arrangements for you to meet with him. Thank you again for your feedback and for your business. We hope to see you soon.

Paul Viapiano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Cleveland, OH
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Had reserved a room the night of 7/24/12 for a quick business meeting the next day. Due to a long delay out of LGA, was not able to get to Montvale until midnight. Upon check-in, I was abruptly told that my room was given away, and that I was now staying at the Residence Inn down the road. I was handed a printout of the directions off Mapquest, and sent on my way. Not knowing the area, I white-knuckled it to the Residence in total NJ darkness.

As a frequent traveler for a large local company, I will not be staying at this hotel. And I will recommend to others within my company.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear P_Diddy090,
I am so sorry that we were not able to accomodate you on your last visit to the Montvale area. I can assure you that this does not happen very frequently, however there was an unusual amount of demand in the market that day and several of our guests extended their stay unexpectedly. I am however glad that we were able to upgrade your reservation to the newly renovated Residence Inn, Saddle River which was is located four miles from our hotel. This is a beautiful hotel which includes a breakfast buffet each morning. I would personally like to handle your reservation in the future so you can experience our quite extraordinary Courtyard. I would love to hear from you and apologize again for the inconvenience.

New York
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Stayed here only because it was the recommended hotel for a wedding. Room was way to small for the furnishings. Nothing in the room to assist out of towners, not even a phone book. Had to go to the desk to ask for recommendations and received a sheet with restaurants and locations only after the desk clerk tried to convince me to eat at the hotel restuarant. We found the staff to be unresponsive again when we found out the coffee maker did not work. They would not replace it. Very overpriced for the basic service and accommodations we received. Will choose a Ramada or Best Western next time.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Courtyard Montvale, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Dear Bookgirl130,
Thank you for staying with us during your event. At the Courtyard in Montvale we have gone green so we have eliminated phone books from our rooms, especially now that we have complimentary wireless internet throughout the hotel. I would like to apologize that your coffee maker was not replaced. This is simply unnacceptable. We do have extras in the hotel as machinery does occasionally fail. We also staff a manager on duty at all times to ensure all guest requests are taken care of. The food at our signature restaurant Fire & Oak is exceptional. I can say this because it is run by a local private restaurant group and not by the hotel. I apologize if our staff got a bit overzelous, but they have the food quite frequently and love it so much that they are so excited to recommend it to all of our guests. We hope you will give us another opportunity to try our many services including our outdoor pool, when you are in the area again and have more time to relax and unwind.

New Jersey
Reviewed May 28, 2012

This place was not bad. Stayed over for a wedding. The room was a good size, but for some reason to me the hotel did not have a feel of a Marriott to me personally. The bed was so/so comfortable. And the walls are paper thin. I could easily hear everything going on outside of my room. Additionally the pool was right outside of my room and I could hear people out there as well. I would stay here again if I had to for a wedding but that is probably it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank shopperhopper
MontvaleGM, General Manager at Courtyard Montvale, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Dear Shopperhopper,
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your thoughts on our hotel. The Courtyard Montvale is unique to many of the Marriott properties you may have experienced. Our design and color scheme is quite different, modern and chic compared to many hotels. We wanted to offer our guests a New York City style hotel in Montvale New Jersey, while at the same time still offering the same great Marriott customer service you are accustomed to. Now that the warm weather is here, you will find our guests kicking back in the outdoor Courtyard area from time to time. The majority of our rooms however face away from the pool. My suggestion is to request one of the many quieter rooms to avoid any pool-side gatherings. We hope to see you back soon. Hopefully on your next visit you will have time to check out our pool, fitness center and our signature restaurant, Fire & Oak. It's a local favorite.

Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed May 5, 2012

I've come back to review this hotel again. My first review stated that we liked everything about the hotel except the noise at night from late night partiers. Well, we have since stayed here two more times and I'm happy to report we did not have an issue on either occasion. I noticed several signs around the hotel regarding their late night noise/party policy and clearly they are enforcing them. We slept well during both stays -- no nighttime disturbances whatsoever. Thank you to the hotel management and staff for taking this issue seriously and following through! We will continue to stay here when we're in Bergen Cty.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank travel141
MontvaleGM, General Manager at Courtyard Montvale, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Dear Travel141,
Thank you so much for the positive feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. We truly take our guests comfort very seriously. The signage does seem to help a great deal but our staff is always willing to do whatever it takes to ensure your stay is as relaxing as possible.
Thank you so much for your business. We hope to see you back in Montvale soon.

New York
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I had a minor discretion with my bill upon arrival which was promptly addresses and taken care of by the Operations Manager Alison. She was prompt and courteous in its handling. There was no delay or unneeded work on my part while I was in my training. Fantastic people and work ethic!

• Stayed April 2012
MontvaleGM, General Manager at Courtyard Montvale, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Dear Bearandbear,
I do apologize for any discrepancy with your reservation. I am extremely pleased to see that Alison took care of this matter for you and that your experience was a pleasant one. Thank you so much for your feedback. We truly appreciate your business.

Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed April 24, 2012

This is a very nice Marriot. We stayed here for 2 nights last weekend for a wedding. The lobby is very nice looking- spacious, modern, and elegant. I was pleasantly surprised! The room was also spacious and well decorated. Large shower, comfortable bed, flat screen tv, etc. We liked that there was little sitting area as well. This hotel has everything you need. The only two cons were that the walls were a bit thin- we could hear as everyone's conversations as they passed by our door. The other problem was that we did not have a "do not disturb" sign, so several times we had to get up and tell housekeeping that we didn't need their service. Not sure if that is with all of the rooms or just ours.
All in all this is a great hotel and I would reccomend staying there if you're in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montvale
Park Ridge Marriott
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Nanuet
Hampton Inn Nanuet
Hampton Inn Nanuet
#2 of 5 in Nanuet

Been to Courtyard Montvale? Share your experiences!