Courtyard Montvale
Park Ridge Marriott(Park Ridge)
$194
$160
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
$188
$95
Priceline
Residence Inn Saddle River(Saddle River)
$149
$139
Travelocity
Fair Motel(Upper Saddle River)
$162
$113
Hampton.com
$126
$107
All reviewsfront deskdouble doorsoak restauranttypical courtyardon site restaurantthe garden state parkwaychestnut ridgenice stayquiet locationnice roombusiness tripking roomfollowing morningcoffee makermini fridgenew jerseyclean hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Stayed here only because it was the recommended hotel for a wedding. Room was way to small for the furnishings. Nothing in the room to assist out of towners, not even a phone book. Had to go to the desk to ask for recommendations and received a sheet with restaurants and locations only after the desk clerk tried to convince me to eat at the hotel restuarant. We found the staff to be unresponsive again when we found out the coffee maker did not work. They would not replace it. Very overpriced for the basic service and accommodations we received. Will choose a Ramada or Best Western next time.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Dear Bookgirl130,
Thank you for staying with us during your event. At the Courtyard in Montvale we have gone green so we have eliminated phone books from our rooms, especially now that we have complimentary wireless internet throughout the hotel. I would like to apologize that your coffee maker was not replaced. This is simply unnacceptable. We do have extras in the hotel as machinery does occasionally fail. We also staff a manager on duty at all times to ensure all guest requests are taken care of. The food at our signature restaurant Fire & Oak is exceptional. I can say this because it is run by a local private restaurant group and not by the hotel. I apologize if our staff got a bit overzelous, but they have the food quite frequently and love it so much that they are so excited to recommend it to all of our guests. We hope you will give us another opportunity to try our many services including our outdoor pool, when you are in the area again and have more time to relax and unwind.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

This place was not bad. Stayed over for a wedding. The room was a good size, but for some reason to me the hotel did not have a feel of a Marriott to me personally. The bed was so/so comfortable. And the walls are paper thin. I could easily hear everything going on outside of my room. Additionally the pool was right outside of my room and I could hear people out there as well. I would stay here again if I had to for a wedding but that is probably it.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank shopperhopper
MontvaleGM, General Manager at Courtyard Montvale, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2012

Dear Shopperhopper,
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your thoughts on our hotel. The Courtyard Montvale is unique to many of the Marriott properties you may have experienced. Our design and color scheme is quite different, modern and chic compared to many hotels. We wanted to offer our guests a New York City style hotel in Montvale New Jersey, while at the same time still offering the same great Marriott customer service you are accustomed to. Now that the warm weather is here, you will find our guests kicking back in the outdoor Courtyard area from time to time. The majority of our rooms however face away from the pool. My suggestion is to request one of the many quieter rooms to avoid any pool-side gatherings. We hope to see you back soon. Hopefully on your next visit you will have time to check out our pool, fitness center and our signature restaurant, Fire & Oak. It's a local favorite.

Reviewed May 5, 2012

I've come back to review this hotel again. My first review stated that we liked everything about the hotel except the noise at night from late night partiers. Well, we have since stayed here two more times and I'm happy to report we did not have an issue on either occasion. I noticed several signs around the hotel regarding their late night noise/party policy and clearly they are enforcing them. We slept well during both stays -- no nighttime disturbances whatsoever. Thank you to the hotel management and staff for taking this issue seriously and following through! We will continue to stay here when we're in Bergen Cty.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank travel141
MontvaleGM, General Manager at Courtyard Montvale, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

Dear Travel141,
Thank you so much for the positive feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. We truly take our guests comfort very seriously. The signage does seem to help a great deal but our staff is always willing to do whatever it takes to ensure your stay is as relaxing as possible.
Thank you so much for your business. We hope to see you back in Montvale soon.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

I had a minor discretion with my bill upon arrival which was promptly addresses and taken care of by the Operations Manager Alison. She was prompt and courteous in its handling. There was no delay or unneeded work on my part while I was in my training. Fantastic people and work ethic!

• Stayed: April 2012
MontvaleGM, General Manager at Courtyard Montvale, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

Dear Bearandbear,
I do apologize for any discrepancy with your reservation. I am extremely pleased to see that Alison took care of this matter for you and that your experience was a pleasant one. Thank you so much for your feedback. We truly appreciate your business.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

This is a very nice Marriot. We stayed here for 2 nights last weekend for a wedding. The lobby is very nice looking- spacious, modern, and elegant. I was pleasantly surprised! The room was also spacious and well decorated. Large shower, comfortable bed, flat screen tv, etc. We liked that there was little sitting area as well. This hotel has everything you need. The only two cons were that the walls were a bit thin- we could hear as everyone's conversations as they passed by our door. The other problem was that we did not have a "do not disturb" sign, so several times we had to get up and tell housekeeping that we didn't need their service. Not sure if that is with all of the rooms or just ours.
All in all this is a great hotel and I would reccomend staying there if you're in the area.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple