“Not bad”
Review of Courtyard Montvale

Courtyard Montvale
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Montvale
Reviewed May 28, 2012

This place was not bad. Stayed over for a wedding. The room was a good size, but for some reason to me the hotel did not have a feel of a Marriott to me personally. The bed was so/so comfortable. And the walls are paper thin. I could easily hear everything going on outside of my room. Additionally the pool was right outside of my room and I could hear people out there as well. I would stay here again if I had to for a wedding but that is probably it.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank shopperhopper
MontvaleGM, General Manager at Courtyard Montvale, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2012

Dear Shopperhopper,
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your thoughts on our hotel. The Courtyard Montvale is unique to many of the Marriott properties you may have experienced. Our design and color scheme is quite different, modern and chic compared to many hotels. We wanted to offer our guests a New York City style hotel in Montvale New Jersey, while at the same time still offering the same great Marriott customer service you are accustomed to. Now that the warm weather is here, you will find our guests kicking back in the outdoor Courtyard area from time to time. The majority of our rooms however face away from the pool. My suggestion is to request one of the many quieter rooms to avoid any pool-side gatherings. We hope to see you back soon. Hopefully on your next visit you will have time to check out our pool, fitness center and our signature restaurant, Fire & Oak. It's a local favorite.

Reviewed May 5, 2012

I've come back to review this hotel again. My first review stated that we liked everything about the hotel except the noise at night from late night partiers. Well, we have since stayed here two more times and I'm happy to report we did not have an issue on either occasion. I noticed several signs around the hotel regarding their late night noise/party policy and clearly they are enforcing them. We slept well during both stays -- no nighttime disturbances whatsoever. Thank you to the hotel management and staff for taking this issue seriously and following through! We will continue to stay here when we're in Bergen Cty.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank travel141
MontvaleGM, General Manager at Courtyard Montvale, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

Dear Travel141,
Thank you so much for the positive feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. We truly take our guests comfort very seriously. The signage does seem to help a great deal but our staff is always willing to do whatever it takes to ensure your stay is as relaxing as possible.
Thank you so much for your business. We hope to see you back in Montvale soon.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

I had a minor discretion with my bill upon arrival which was promptly addresses and taken care of by the Operations Manager Alison. She was prompt and courteous in its handling. There was no delay or unneeded work on my part while I was in my training. Fantastic people and work ethic!

• Stayed: April 2012
MontvaleGM, General Manager at Courtyard Montvale, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

Dear Bearandbear,
I do apologize for any discrepancy with your reservation. I am extremely pleased to see that Alison took care of this matter for you and that your experience was a pleasant one. Thank you so much for your feedback. We truly appreciate your business.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

This is a very nice Marriot. We stayed here for 2 nights last weekend for a wedding. The lobby is very nice looking- spacious, modern, and elegant. I was pleasantly surprised! The room was also spacious and well decorated. Large shower, comfortable bed, flat screen tv, etc. We liked that there was little sitting area as well. This hotel has everything you need. The only two cons were that the walls were a bit thin- we could hear as everyone's conversations as they passed by our door. The other problem was that we did not have a "do not disturb" sign, so several times we had to get up and tell housekeeping that we didn't need their service. Not sure if that is with all of the rooms or just ours.
All in all this is a great hotel and I would reccomend staying there if you're in the area.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 6 nights over the holidays because my mother's house has gotten to crowded for us to stay with her anymore. We had a lovely, comfortable, quiet room in the back of the hotel. Beds were very cozy. The bathroom was clean and bright. An in-room fridge was a helpful touch as we were there for so long we wanted cold drinks and some snacks. Big television and free wi-fi. This hotel is convenient to my mother's house, but also very convenient to many tri-state attractions - Manhattan, West Point, and the Jersey Shore are all within reach from the Garden State Parkway located minutes from this hotel. Also do not miss the classic Dairy Queen just down the street, this building has been there since the 1950s and no other Dairy Queen tastes as good as the Montvale Dairy Queen.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
MontvaleGM, General Manager at Courtyard Montvale, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

Dear Bestfriendtraveler,
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. I am delighted you are pleased with our accomodations. We are fortunate enough to be close and convenient to many New York attractions, but yet nestled in suburbia. We look forward to seeing you again and truly appreciate your business.

Reviewed March 31, 2012

We stay in marriotts 80 nights per year. This is a nicely renovated (former ramada) hotel with nice restaurant and staff, but it is noisy well after midnight on a sat night.

• Stayed: April 2011
MontvaleGM, General Manager at Courtyard Montvale, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2012

Dear jmemmc2,
Please allow me to apologize on behalf of the two wedding groups we hosted on the night you were with us. They were both quite large groups and unfortunately both returned back to the hotel well after midnight. In an effort to quite these folks down, we have signs posted on every entrance to the guest corridors. Unfortunately some folks do not show the respect they should by quitely returning to their rooms. In the future please feel free at anytime to contact the front desk as we will always take a proactive approach at quieting a noisy group. We hope to see you in the future. Thank you so much for your loyalty to Marriott and for the gracious comments regarding our staff.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

I spend a lot of time at this hotel and the entire staff all treat me like family. I can't think of another hotel in the area that I would even consider. I have had the opportunity to speak with other repeat guests (as business travelers we tend to congregate in the lobby bar) and all have the same opinion. Every staff member is knowledgeably, helpful, friendly and I look forward to seeing them when I check in and during my stay. The Property is VERY CLEAN, nicely appointed and convenient to everything in the area. STAY AT COURTYARD MONTVALE!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
MontvaleGM, General Manager at Courtyard Montvale, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2012

Mr. B14,
Wow! Thank you. I am so thrilled to see how you feel about our staff and our hotel. Our goal every day is to make every guest feel like family. We are fortunate to have a team of people here at the hotel that are passionate about customer service. It's always great to hear such positive feedback. I will be sure to share your comments with everyone here. It makes us all feel so good that what we are doing each day is truly making a difference.

Thank you for your business.
Paul Viapiano

Also consider these accommodations in or near Montvale
Park Ridge Marriott
Crowne Plaza, Suffern
#1 of 2 in Suffern
5 mi away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Mahwah

Been to Courtyard Montvale? Share your experiences!