“Much better lately!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Montvale
Boulder, Colorado
“Much better lately!”
Reviewed May 5, 2012

I've come back to review this hotel again. My first review stated that we liked everything about the hotel except the noise at night from late night partiers. Well, we have since stayed here two more times and I'm happy to report we did not have an issue on either occasion. I noticed several signs around the hotel regarding their late night noise/party policy and clearly they are enforcing them. We slept well during both stays -- no nighttime disturbances whatsoever. Thank you to the hotel management and staff for taking this issue seriously and following through! We will continue to stay here when we're in Bergen Cty.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank travel141
MontvaleGM, General Manager at Courtyard Montvale, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Dear Travel141,
Thank you so much for the positive feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. We truly take our guests comfort very seriously. The signage does seem to help a great deal but our staff is always willing to do whatever it takes to ensure your stay is as relaxing as possible.
Thank you so much for your business. We hope to see you back in Montvale soon.

Paul Viapiano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
New York
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I had a minor discretion with my bill upon arrival which was promptly addresses and taken care of by the Operations Manager Alison. She was prompt and courteous in its handling. There was no delay or unneeded work on my part while I was in my training. Fantastic people and work ethic!

• Stayed April 2012
MontvaleGM, General Manager at Courtyard Montvale, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Dear Bearandbear,
I do apologize for any discrepancy with your reservation. I am extremely pleased to see that Alison took care of this matter for you and that your experience was a pleasant one. Thank you so much for your feedback. We truly appreciate your business.

Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed April 24, 2012

This is a very nice Marriot. We stayed here for 2 nights last weekend for a wedding. The lobby is very nice looking- spacious, modern, and elegant. I was pleasantly surprised! The room was also spacious and well decorated. Large shower, comfortable bed, flat screen tv, etc. We liked that there was little sitting area as well. This hotel has everything you need. The only two cons were that the walls were a bit thin- we could hear as everyone's conversations as they passed by our door. The other problem was that we did not have a "do not disturb" sign, so several times we had to get up and tell housekeeping that we didn't need their service. Not sure if that is with all of the rooms or just ours.
All in all this is a great hotel and I would reccomend staying there if you're in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed April 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 6 nights over the holidays because my mother's house has gotten to crowded for us to stay with her anymore. We had a lovely, comfortable, quiet room in the back of the hotel. Beds were very cozy. The bathroom was clean and bright. An in-room fridge was a helpful touch as we were there for so long we wanted cold drinks and some snacks. Big television and free wi-fi. This hotel is convenient to my mother's house, but also very convenient to many tri-state attractions - Manhattan, West Point, and the Jersey Shore are all within reach from the Garden State Parkway located minutes from this hotel. Also do not miss the classic Dairy Queen just down the street, this building has been there since the 1950s and no other Dairy Queen tastes as good as the Montvale Dairy Queen.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
MontvaleGM, General Manager at Courtyard Montvale, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Dear Bestfriendtraveler,
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. I am delighted you are pleased with our accomodations. We are fortunate enough to be close and convenient to many New York attractions, but yet nestled in suburbia. We look forward to seeing you again and truly appreciate your business.

Boston, MA
Reviewed March 31, 2012

We stay in marriotts 80 nights per year. This is a nicely renovated (former ramada) hotel with nice restaurant and staff, but it is noisy well after midnight on a sat night.

• Stayed April 2011
MontvaleGM, General Manager at Courtyard Montvale, responded to this review, April 4, 2012
Dear jmemmc2,
Please allow me to apologize on behalf of the two wedding groups we hosted on the night you were with us. They were both quite large groups and unfortunately both returned back to the hotel well after midnight. In an effort to quite these folks down, we have signs posted on every entrance to the guest corridors. Unfortunately some folks do not show the respect they should by quitely returning to their rooms. In the future please feel free at anytime to contact the front desk as we will always take a proactive approach at quieting a noisy group. We hope to see you in the future. Thank you so much for your loyalty to Marriott and for the gracious comments regarding our staff.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I spend a lot of time at this hotel and the entire staff all treat me like family. I can't think of another hotel in the area that I would even consider. I have had the opportunity to speak with other repeat guests (as business travelers we tend to congregate in the lobby bar) and all have the same opinion. Every staff member is knowledgeably, helpful, friendly and I look forward to seeing them when I check in and during my stay. The Property is VERY CLEAN, nicely appointed and convenient to everything in the area. STAY AT COURTYARD MONTVALE!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
MontvaleGM, General Manager at Courtyard Montvale, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
Mr. B14,
Wow! Thank you. I am so thrilled to see how you feel about our staff and our hotel. Our goal every day is to make every guest feel like family. We are fortunate to have a team of people here at the hotel that are passionate about customer service. It's always great to hear such positive feedback. I will be sure to share your comments with everyone here. It makes us all feel so good that what we are doing each day is truly making a difference.

Thank you for your business.
Palm Coast, Florida
Reviewed March 20, 2012

I would definitively stay here for work or pleasure! The staff is super and so professional in every way, and always make me feel so at home away from home. It's clean and modern. The adjacent restaurant Fire & Oak is great, has a Happy Hour, nightly specials and a great menu with outstanding service. This is a place I stay every month for work. I could pick anywhere but I only stay here as it is a well run, convenient and a solid hotel - I highly recommend it to anyone. I have been coming here for 3 years. That says something!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Ms. K,
Thank you so much for your positive comments. It makes me so happy to see that you truly enjoy staying with us. We know you have other choices of hotels in the area and are truly appreciative that you patronize the Courtyard Montvale. We thank you for you loyalty to the hotel as well as to Marriott.

Paul Viapiano
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montvale
Park Ridge Marriott
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Nanuet
Hampton Inn Nanuet
Hampton Inn Nanuet
#2 of 5 in Nanuet

Been to Courtyard Montvale? Share your experiences!