“Great hotel”

Courtyard Montvale
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Montvale
“Great hotel”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed one night for a wedding on 9/4/2011. Rooms are nicely updated and clean. Staff was wonderful and excellent breakfast.

• Stayed September 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
White Plains, New York
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Stayed here for a wedding in July. The room was very clean and updated and the bathroom looked more upscale than I expected for a Courtyard-it was so roomy and made getting ready a lot easier. We had a slight problem with the door locking when we left the room, but when we called the front desk security came very quickly and took care of it for us. Although I didn't eat there on this trip, their restaurant has pretty good food and is a nice place to have a few drinks and hang out. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Cutie4181
Liverpool, NY
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Love this Courtyard. Updated hotel in a quiet/safe residential neighborhood. Great restaurant onsite as well as a lobby bar. Staff all eager to make our stay a pleasant one. Did not use breakfast buffet as we chose a Panera Bread just down the street. Outdoor pool and spa area a lush tropical garden-clean and great place to spend time. Huge workout room with about 20 high end machines-best I've seen at any hotel. Only about 20 min to NYC.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
New York, NY
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Stayed here for a friend's wedding this month. Quite surprised by how modern the place was, check in folks were very nice and helpful, although there is no bellhop so get ready to lug your stuff with the bell cart. A/C was not on in the room upon arrival so needed to leave for a few minutes to let it cool down. Pool and hot tub were clean and very nice. Fire and Oak restaurant and bar was very good- fantastic service. However, I would avoid the breakfast in the actual hotel- staff was loud, shouting at people walking in how much the breakfast was, and the buffet was less than to be desired- trusted cereal out of box before I ate anything from the buffet- looks like it had been sitting there for hours. Also, the beds were a bit hard and too little of towels in the room. Overall, not bad for what it was, but a few improvements are needed.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank serendipity423
Reviewed August 3, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at this property while traveling to attend a friends wedding. Reception was fast, friendly and professional. The pool and hot tub were clean, spacious and well maintained. Our room was very nice, roomy, clean and the bed was very comfortable. We also had dinner and drinks in the lounge area. The bartender was very friendly and helpful suggesting items from the menu and the food was fantastic! We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Virginia
Reviewed July 1, 2011

Stayed at this Courtyard with my daughter for one night, during late June 2011. Believe it or not, I had stayed here way back in 1976, when it was a Ramada Inn. I grew up in Montvale, but had not been back for about eight years. Was surprised when I saw that Marriott had purchased the old Ramada. I have to say that they did a very nice job in the remodel. The place looks new from top to bottom. To make things better, as the hotel was constructed decades ago, the rooms are very large and the construction is solid -- no paper-thin walls here! The room doors, however, do have very large gaps at the bottom -- probably left over after they removed the (shag) carpeting from the room entry area. Still, throw a couple towels down along the door sill, and it will be blissfully quiet.

The rooms have been redone in VERY nice fashion, and I found the bathroom particularly well done. This was by far the nicest Courtyard in which I've stayed, and I do wonder if it is because it is a "redo."

Okay...you're wondering about the title of my review. Damp! We arrived at the hotel late -- around 9:30pm -- after a horrendous drive. Tired, we got into the room and immediately unpacked, changed, and got into bed. My daughter commented that her bed felt "weird," and when I entered the other bed, I realized the sheets and comforter were damp. I should rpt SHOULD have gotten dressed right then and asked to change rooms, but it was so late and my daughter was already nearly asleep, so I rolled over and tried to sleep. It was hard, as I constantly woke up and was reminded of the damp pillows, sheets, comforter, etc. I have no idea why the room was so damp. The patio door was closed, and the A/C unit was running all night. We were, however, next to the pool, and that might be my only theory as to the dampness.

When I went to shower the next morning, I was dismayed to feel that all of the towels were damp. I do not think the room had been occupied in a while, as when I went to open the box of bath soap, the box kind of "melted" as it was so damp, and the bar of soap inside was wet to the touch and warped. Perhaps it is was only the room in which we stayed. Still, the hotel is very nice, quiet, and in a good location. My biggest caution would be to check out the room AS SOON AS YET GET IN. If the bed is damp, or whatever, change before its too late.

Room Tip: Check to make sure the room isn't damp!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed June 23, 2011

I was booked into this hotel by my client. The rooms are clean and comfortable but for a business person staying on corporate travel, the lack of a good internet connection makes this the WRONG CHOICE if you are on business. There is NO wireless internet in the rooms and the "wired" internet is so clogged with traffic that it is virtually impossible to get any work done, on a VPN or any other type of corporate internet site. The management of the hotel is well aware of this problem but unfortunately, apologies don't get you the wasted time back. I would not recommend this hotel to anybody who expects to use the internet.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Bodie28270
MontvaleGM, General Manager at Courtyard Montvale, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
Dear Bodie28270,
We heard you, and have addressed the issue. I'm extremely happy to inform you that we have upgraded our high speed internet service and have added Wi-Fi in all guest rooms and even throughout the hotel. This service is free of charge. We hope you have the opportunity in the future to try out our new service.

Paul Viapiano - General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montvale
Park Ridge Marriott
#1 of 1 in Saddle River
Hampton Inn Nanuet
Hampton Inn Nanuet
#2 of 5 in Nanuet

Been to Courtyard Montvale? Share your experiences!