“A local find, can be crowded”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bellissimo

Bellissimo
Ranked #1 of 30 Restaurants in Montvale
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New City, New York, USA
“A local find, can be crowded”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We tried to go on a Saturday but the wait was too Long and there was no air conditioned place to wait. We returned on a Sunday evening, early, and got a table quickly. A nice salad comes with the meal and an assortment of olives is put on the table to share. My chicken dish did have some gristle but the sauce and ingredients were wonderful. My husband and friend had the scallop and shrimp special and were very happy. Her husband had a nut coated chicken which he loved. The vegetables served on the side tasted frozen or were just overdone. All in all I would give this a second try. It is BYOB. Their lunch includes soup AND salad, dinner only salad.

• Visited July 2013

New City, New York
“Simply The Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

My wife and I dine at Bellissimo;s just about once a week. We have been going there ever since it opened about 4 years ago. As you walk in the door you are warmly greeted by Tony, Amir, Artan
& Ardy. We always enjoy a great dining experience. The food is always prepared to perfection.
The outdoor dining area is also very nice. The prices are reasonable and a good value. Best of all it's a BYOB restaurant. It is Simply The Best.

• Visited July 2013
Marco Island, Florida
“hurry up and eat quickly”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

Four of us went to dinner tonight at Bellissimo. Our friends like to eat here but it was our first time. It’s located just south of the Montvale RR station on Kinderkamack Road with plenty of free CVS strip mall parking.

The one good thing is that I like BYO places. Why pay $35-40 for a $15 bottle of wine. The wait staff, I think we had like at least four different people, seemed both nice and attentive. After we ordered, they offered a complimentary house salad which is just ok. Nothing to rave about. Half way through eating the salads, the entrees arrived. How did they cook those meals so quickly? Certainly we were not the only people there.The place was full. The entrees were just ok, the sauce on the pasta with shrimp was watery without any taste or zing. The special pork chop entree was again just ok. My wife is a slow eater and they cleared the other plates while she was still eating.. a favorite peeve of hers, especially when they are offering coffee before she’s done eating. Why the rush? I don’t get it. There were a few empty tables inside but it looked like a long wait on the outside. Did people want to wait for an outdoor table on one of these rare for NJ, beautiful non-humid evenings? I don’t understand the popularity of this place but I guess like another reviewer, people from NYS come across the border for a BYO place. Well, after all is said and done, it was just ok and at $60 a couple including tax and tip, not a rip off. Would I go back? No, No No! also, beware of a place that has "666" in their phone number.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank alfnot1111
“Why all the fuss?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Friends of ours said we all must go, so we did... We waited over an hour for a table when told it would be a 30 min. wait. When we finally were seated, it took asking an apologetic manager to get someone to take our order. The food was only fair. My husband couldn't find his veal for all the breading -- and it was deep fried instead of sautéed. It is BYOB, which is common enough in NJ, but I guess enough of a novelty for NYers to give this just over the border restaurant some hype -- keeping the alcohol tab down. Pass.

bergen county, nj
“If a great Italian BYOB in Bergen is what you're after, this is the place.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

Bellissimo might be small on the inside, but they serve up a great meal.
They are a BYOB (conveniently. there is a liquor store next door) that consistently serves good meals at a reasonable price. They have very good specials and an excellent selection or desserts. If you are in the Montvale area and in the mood for Italian, give Bellissimo a shot. They do tend to get busy, so prepare for a wait if you don't have a reservation. They do offer outdoor seating when the weather gets nice.

• Visited December 2012