“hurry up and eat quickly”
Review of Bellissimo

Bellissimo
Ranked #1 of 33 Restaurants in Montvale
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Four of us went to dinner tonight at Bellissimo. Our friends like to eat here but it was our first time. It’s located just south of the Montvale RR station on Kinderkamack Road with plenty of free CVS strip mall parking.

The one good thing is that I like BYO places. Why pay $35-40 for a $15 bottle of wine. The wait staff, I think we had like at least four different people, seemed both nice and attentive. After we ordered, they offered a complimentary house salad which is just ok. Nothing to rave about. Half way through eating the salads, the entrees arrived. How did they cook those meals so quickly? Certainly we were not the only people there.The place was full. The entrees were just ok, the sauce on the pasta with shrimp was watery without any taste or zing. The special pork chop entree was again just ok. My wife is a slow eater and they cleared the other plates while she was still eating.. a favorite peeve of hers, especially when they are offering coffee before she’s done eating. Why the rush? I don’t get it. There were a few empty tables inside but it looked like a long wait on the outside. Did people want to wait for an outdoor table on one of these rare for NJ, beautiful non-humid evenings? I don’t understand the popularity of this place but I guess like another reviewer, people from NYS come across the border for a BYO place. Well, after all is said and done, it was just ok and at $60 a couple including tax and tip, not a rip off. Would I go back? No, No No! also, beware of a place that has "666" in their phone number.

2  Thank alfnot1111

Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Friends of ours said we all must go, so we did... We waited over an hour for a table when told it would be a 30 min. wait. When we finally were seated, it took asking an apologetic manager to get someone to take our order. The food was only fair. My husband couldn't find his veal for all the breading -- and it was deep fried instead of sautéed. It is BYOB, which is common enough in NJ, but I guess enough of a novelty for NYers to give this just over the border restaurant some hype -- keeping the alcohol tab down. Pass.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Bellissimo might be small on the inside, but they serve up a great meal.
They are a BYOB (conveniently. there is a liquor store next door) that consistently serves good meals at a reasonable price. They have very good specials and an excellent selection or desserts. If you are in the Montvale area and in the mood for Italian, give Bellissimo a shot. They do tend to get busy, so prepare for a wait if you don't have a reservation. They do offer outdoor seating when the weather gets nice.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

On a trip far from home looking for great Italian comfort place and we found it :)

NB: bring your own booze! No corking fee, they give you a ice bucket and pour it for you :)

Gnocchi a little under cooked (probably bc they make it themselves) penne vodka was stellar!

Friendly and comfortable avg app 10$ avg main 15-25$

Seriously great spot :)

Scandinavian Europeans beware the Chlorine water taste ... Sorry guys I guess no filtration but Americans will never notice ;)

1  Thank Cpucc001
Reviewed November 7, 2012

One of my favorite Italian restaurants. From the moment it opened a few years ago, it has been an instant hit with the local dining crowd. The food is exceptionally good, tasty with great presentation, and reasonably priced. One nice touch is that a very nice salad comes with the meal, unlike too many other restaurants that have made salad an a la carte item. Be sure to ask the waiter to give you the specials and don't hesitate asking the prices. Although most specials are reasonably priced, you don't want any surprises on your bill. By the way, you might want to spend a little more on your entree because you'll be saving money by bringing your own bottle of wine. What prevents me from giving a five star rating is that the restaurant can get noisy on busy nights, especially true on weekends, and occasionally on a busy night the service can be spotty. But to me these are minor points.

2  Thank KSE7

Been to Bellissimo? Share your experiences!