“Grits and Eggs”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Me and a friend Janet went there after our training walk. I had the Grits and Eggs and Chriso and coffee.
It was pretty good for grits in New Jersey and in all places Montclair,NJ. .I have never seen grits on a menu before up here in the North so I had to try it out.
Janet had the Eggs Benedict. Her food looked ok . I did not try out her eggs. She says they are the best she ever ate.
The service was good and staff friendly. I was told the restaurant used to be a train station. It had very high ceilings. It sounded noisy with everyone just talking normally. Maybe the high ceilings has something to do with noise level.
I try to imagine where the train track was. In any case its a cute place with some out door seating and lots of space and tables to eat indoors. Big spacey bathrooms. I love to go back with my four legged critter and have lunch there.

Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Had a late lunch here. Maybe because it was a little past traditional lunch time that our food was not great. Greasy, cold fries and everything else we had was sub-par in my opinion. Should have gone to a diner instead.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Raymond's has long been a favorite in our family. From the days when it was a small hole in the wall kind of place to the big space it now has. Food is always wonderful and fresh and the service can't be beat. Allow time to wait at busy times like lunch and dinner, but if you go at off times, it's so nice and quiet.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

ALWAYS packed from 8;15 in the morning on through dinner. Summer especially fun with outside seating and everyone brings their dog!Excellent brunch breakfast items [all the Mexican breakfast items are great!as well as the corn cakes and grits & home made scones]. lunch- dinner interesting menu's with daily specials. Expect to wait for a table.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Raymond's has an interesting menu, which well prepared. They have a large outdoor seating area that is very comfortable