“Authentic Mexican in Montclair”
Review of Casa Piquin

Casa Piquin
Ranked #73 of 219 Restaurants in Montclair
Reviewed July 14, 2017

At first I was put off by the restaurant being in a basement. It was dark and had a bit of a dank odor; however, once my husband and I tasted the food, all of that was forgotten. The salsa and chips that were brought over as we perused the menu were delicious- always an indicator of the quality of Mexican restaurants, I think. The meals were authentic down to the use of a cheese especially known and used in Oaxaca, but rarely found outside of it. Also, by ALL MEANS order the horchata- it is delicious! The servers were gracious and after a while, that basement didn't seem dark at all...

Reviewed January 4, 2017 via mobile

I really think they have the best salsa and chips around the area! Hands down. The food is really good, the staff is nice, the atmosphere is fun. We have been coming here and ordering take out for years and the food is always good!

Reviewed June 27, 2016

We thoroughly enjoyed our first visit to Casa Piquin, and don't know why it took us so long to try it. Maybe it's the hidden downstairs quality, but there is a nice little outdoor seating area there that gives you a sky view. All of the food was fresh and delicious, and the servers were very pleasant. A little touch that delighted me was the paper serpent that was coiled from the top of each paper straw cover on each glass. It showed an extra effort to amuse. I will choose this over the chains like On the Border next time I want Mexican.

Reviewed April 20, 2016

The food was very good more of a tex mex taste. the quesadillas were really good and not over cheesed so you can taste the other flavors. The chips and salsa were good. the service was good as well. Its a hidden place little harder to find on busy bloomfield ave.

Reviewed September 20, 2015

The food here was wonderful! I tried guacamole for the first time and I loved it. The environment s very family oriented. The live music is great as well. I will visit this place again. I only wish it was a little larger to accommodate parties.