Leone's Ristorante and Authentic Brick Oven Pizza
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We were in New Jersey to pick up a friend from the airport and ended up here simply by chance. I think we hit the jackpot. It was nice weather, so we sat outdoors under an umbrella. Server was charming and professional. The menu offered a wide choice. Our young vegetarian ordered the grilled peach salad, containing peaches, apple, walnuts, and goat cheese. She pronounced it excellent and liked the restaurant’s odd-shaped bread, too. Her mother loved the capellini with mushrooms, asparagus and warm goat cheese. Our friend had eaten on the plane and ordered the stuffed mushrooms. I had one of the specials: chicken encrusted with almonds on a bed of spinach and potatoes. "Delicious" is an overused word in restaurant reviews, but I honestly can't think of a more honest word to use.. Service excellent, price reasonable. We had to bring our own wine, but there was a liquor store nearby that satisfied our needs. I had never been to Montclair, which I found very pleasant. Kudos to all.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

My husband and I have been going to Leone's for years; it's always our fallback Italian place to go when we're in the mood for great pasta or Italian entrees. I love some of the "regular" dishes, like the penne with vodka sauce and the chicken Leone. Their food is consistently very good and the prices very reasonable - it's also BYOB. I've always been pleased with the service as well. Definitely recommend over some of the more expensive Italian places in Montclair or any of the surrounding towns, for that matter.

Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

You walk in thinking its a small pizza shop and then it opens up to a decent size restaurant. Brick oven pizza was great. We also had the calamari, chicken marsala and the tilapia. All delicious!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Me and my girlfriend were going to see a movie around the block and spotted this place and wanted to fet a quick bite. It has a great atomsphere and charm that isnt seen in alot of pizzerias anymore. We had soup and penne vodka pizza. The pizza literally just literally melts in your mouth and was so fresh. Cant remember the last time i had pizza this good. Well def be back again.

Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Understated atmosphere BUT outstanding menu & food. We were a party of 6 & everyone was happy--we had seniors with us & even they were happy. Great grilled peach, wild greens, goat cheese salad. Delish appetizers. What a find