“A Touch of Tuscany in Montclair”
Review of Salute

Salute
Ranked #11 of 212 Restaurants in Montclair
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Had dinner last week with some very good friends and Salute was a fantastic experience. The atmosphere is wonderful and the food delicious. Service was very good as the waiter brought a touch of Italy to our table. I had the halibut over a bed of broccoli rabe and it was outstanding. The appetizers were also very good. Did I mention it's a BYOB? If you forget to bring wine(we did), they will get for you at a nearly wine store at reasonable retail prices. Too bad we were visiting NJ and don't live there. Salute would be one of our favorites.

1  Thank ThomasP682

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Wow. The food was pretty good but the place is very loud like a cafeteria. We were shouting across the table in order to hear each other. The hard chairs make it uncomfortable to sit for long periods of time. The tables are packed together so be prepared to squeeze in. As I've said, the food was good and quite tasty. There is a parking lot across the street so it is easy to park.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Had dinner with dear friends and enjoyed it very much. All entrees were delicious, especially the halibut, and the appetizers were excellent. Did not know it was BYOB but our waiter said that we could place an order with him from a store nearby and we had our wine within 10 minutes. Will return.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I asked the waiter what 'fregola sarda' was & he told me 'cured strawberries'. I asked what root vegetable the artic char was served with & instead of saying 'let me find out' he said 'I don't know, they change it every night, do you want me to find out?' I ordered it any way & my over-salted fish came with a side of round pasta which had peas & other finely diced veggies. I asked the waiter if I had the right dish since I saw no root veggies or cured strawberries. After checking he told me everything was mixed in with the pasta. Today I googled 'fregola sarda' & found out it's a round pasta often served with peas & zucchini. So as it turns out I got my fish & fregola sarda , but was never served the root veggies, & strawberries were not part of the dish. Judge for yourself. Others at my table enjoyed their meals, thus the 3-circle rating & not 2.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Had lunch outside with a friend and had a very good time. We ordered a octopus& bean starter was was delicious & salad with a salmon addition [which was excellent, although 2 ingredients were left of the plate and brought after serving, they did comp the meal which i give the really high marks for!!!] Lelo the waiter was very entertaining and apologized fro the kitchen error.. They have a service to have wine or beer delivered to you at the table from a local wine merchant, GREAT feature! Only one thing could use improvement, it is VERY noisy even outside.