“Excellent updated Italian”

Dining options: Reservations
Bloomfield, New Jersey
“Excellent updated Italian”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I love Corso 98. Its where we took my future mother-in-law the first time she came to Montclair. Always something new on special. BYO is great.

• Visited March 2012

Montclair, New Jersey
“Top rated Italian!”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Corso 98 delivered in every way. Atmosphere, service and most importantly, the food was delicious! We were a party of 5 and everyone loved the food and each others. BYOB just adds to the entire experience. Looking forward to going back.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank Amy R
Newfield, New York
“Assolutamente delizioso!”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Corso 98

Assolutamente delizioso!

We could not believe how good everything tasted. We were first served tasty garlic crostini with lemon butter and fresh bruschetta. Then came a basket of the freshest, thickest warm bread I ever been served at a restaurant. Yum!

Without fail, everything our party of four tried was delicious. I started off with the roasted fig salad and everyone else had the risotto special and the Bobby Czyz Prince Island Mussels.

My entree was superb - Roasted Salmon with tomato polenta and steamed spinach. The flavors and textures blended together perfectly. My friend had the Chilean Sea Bass and loved it. I tasted a forkful and agreed. My husband and my friend's husband both tried the Veal Chop with smashed garlic potatoes and both really enjoyed their meals. Surprisingly, the guys were too stuffed for dessert!

Lucky for me, I only ate half of my meal so I was able to have dessert. I always try the house tiramisu on my first visit to an Italian restaurant. This one was served in a glass bowl the way pudding would be. It was so good! I also triend my friend's ice box cake, which was good but no match for the tiramisu.

We enjoyed the food, the excellent service and especially appreciated that the owner, Elio, personally comes over to check on all his customers. Corso 98 is a gem. We will definitely be back very soon!

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Mundoreiser
Montclair, New Jersey
“Love it!!!!!”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

My husband and I went to Corso 98 in Montclair last night for the first time since we moved back from Los Angeles. Amazing as ever! I was happy to see that some new menu items as well as some usual items that I loved were still there.
The service was great, the waiter answered any questions I had about the Italian items on the menu I wasn't familiar with and Elio, the owner, came out and chatted with us for a little too! Elio recommended a homemade dessert that his wife made, the Orange Cheesecake. I found out it was her grandmother's recipe.
The atmosphere is perfect for couples as it is cozy with smaller tables for two. I noticed they also had larger tables as well to accommodate six or more, but not lose the coziness of the place.
The food was fantastic, we shared the Goat Cheese appetizer, then I had a Shrimp Risotto with sweet potato and my husband had the Chittarra Pasta Bolognese. Elio explained to us that his little Italian mom makes the pasta homemade, in house. We had to try it!
For the past four years my husband and I were living in Los Angeles and haven't found any Italian places like Corso 98 over there. We will definitely come again!

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank dawnie d
Livingston, New Jersey
“Beautiful presentation”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This is a very reliable and well-known Montclair mainstay. The food is well prepared and beautifully presented, it is quiet and you are not rushed. The service is excellent. The menu could be updated a bit, but this is a very good choice.

• Visited August 2012