“Completely forgettable”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bloomfield Ave
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Tuna steak hard and too peppered to taste the fish, wife's order not even available, refused to honor a gift certificate, 90% empty on mother's day when places next door had over an hour wait. So many better Italian places in Montclair (Fascino, Giotto, Scala d'Nonna, even Leone's) ... in short, no good reason to ever return.

2  Thank 31countriesdone

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We ate here twice this month, both times for lunch, and although it was on a weekday, it was still busy. The plates are very nicely presented, and the value is good. We haven't had a bad lunch here, and by the number of people we see going in for dinner, they must be doing SOMETHING right!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

This was our first time at Palazzo. Great service, great food and atmosphere. Love the live piano music. Homemade tartufo is a must have. We will be back. Reservations are needed.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Went there on a Friday night with my girlfriend. Server was good and very accommodating. We ordered a yellow fin tuna carpaccio which was bland, and entree a seafood pasta dish in broth which was very good. We also ordered a strip steak, which ended up being over charred and flavorless. When we sent it back, the chef came out personally and started asking us why we sent it back, after which part I told him it was over charred and lacking flavor. He made it seem like we didn't know what we were talking about, that it was a good piece of meat, and kept reiterating that it was made on a skillet (I've made many steaks before on skillets that were a million times better and didn't run 35 bucks). Anyway, we got the bill and turns out steak was still on there. I called the manager and turns out the chef is the owner..he was very rude to us, telling us that it was a good piece of meat and that since we ate 3 pieces it was going to stay on the bill. I figured I would at least take the steak to go..and this is the most appalling/disgusting part of all, he gives me the SAME steak, now cold, to go. We also had desert in the meantime, so this piece of steak was sitting in the kitchen for 40 mins after? Completely disgusted with the restaurant and will never go back there.

5  Thank Eugene G
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Really good food and a great waiter. I asked for a little change to my dish which they forgot to do. When i mentioned it, the waiter fixed it immediately. Clarinet and piano players were a nice touch. Would definitely go back.