“Another great Mediterranean restaurant to add to my list.”

Zeugma Mediterranean Grill
Reserve a Table
Mon, 7/22
8:00 PM
OR
Ranked #20 of 240 Restaurants in Montclair
Description: Zeugma Mediterranean Grill & Wine Bar located in Montclair, NJ is well-known for its Mediterranean cuisine.
Reviewed December 18, 2018

Visited 12/15/18
My wife and I love Mediterranean cuisine and we know a few good ones around the area. Well, we have another one to add to our list of good Mediterranean restaurants. They've got some different items on the menu, which is always (or usually) a pleasant surprise.
We were promptly seated and the service was also very prompt and pleasant.
We started off with 3... actually 4 appetizers. Hummus, Lebnah, Beet
Heaven and Grilled Halloumi. We are familiar with Hummus and lebneh (with or without the beets and which were very good) but grilled halloumi was new to us. Basically it's halloumi cheese (goats milk cheese... firm, chewy and a bit salty, which we'd never had before) wrapped in grape leaves, grilled and topped with a mild chili sauce. Very nice and filling.
For an entré my wife opted for the Kefta (ground beef and lamb with fresh herbs) served with orzo and a veggie medley. (Pretty tasty)
I decided to try their Pistachio burger, which gets very good reviews. Normally I like my burger with a slice of cheese on it (also called a cheeseburger) but this came with no cheese. Instead it's topped off with a very nice pistachio pesto and cherry tomatoes. Oh, it's also a STEAK burger, made with an excellent cut of beef. I have to say, I didn't even miss the cheese. It came with some 'house cut' truffle fries, which were terrific... cut really, really thin. I'm not a fan of 'steak fries'... so these were really amazing... I thought.
It's also a BYOB (always a plus) but they are also a 'wine bar' and I understand will make you a nice elaborate drink of your choice that you can add you own favorite spirit to.

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed October 2, 2018

We've been here three times with friends and enjoyed each meal. We liked the choices of appetizers for sharing, and each main course was delicious. My only complaint--it's so popular that noise can become a problem. BYOB

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 16, 2018

I have dined here twice now and enjoyed it both times. The food is well presented, high quality, fresh and delicious. For appetizers the avogannush and Borrek were very tasty and halloumi special was delicious. The grilled sea bass and Salmon artichoke main courses were perfectly cooked and chicken shish was very flavorful. On our second visit the main courses came out immediately after we finished the appys, which was too quick for our liking but easily fixed for the future by telling the server in advance. Restaurant is lively but it was still easy to have conversation without raising your voice. One of our faves in Montclair.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

I met a friend for lunch here. I enjoyed the lunch box special...with the avoganush as my cold appetizer. It was certainly enough for two...with their delicious pita bread. My chicken kabob, rice and salad made for a perfect meal. My friend enjoyed her salad with feta cheese.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

We saw the reviews and had to meet friend in Montclair. Was surprised in a good way on how good the food was here. We had the filet, sea bass, and many apps. All were done very well. Flavors were good and presentation was very nice. The service was very friendly and attentive. Will go back.

Date of visit: July 2018