“A trip to the Mediterranean without leaving home”

Zeugma Mediterranean Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Zeugma Mediterranean Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 232 Restaurants in Montclair
Description: Zeugma Mediterranean Grill & Wine Bar located in Montclair, NJ is well-known for its Mediterranean cuisine.
Reviewed July 6, 2018

We had a fantastic dinner here, celebrating a birthday. We started with three dips - the avocado baba ganoush is delicious, as were the labneh and the pumpkin muhammara (my personal favorite). We had the pistachio burger (thick, juicy and bursting with flavor) and the vegetarian pasta option (pillowy dumplings filled with mushrooms in a creamy sauce). The service was great, the restaurant pleasant and airy, and the evening delightful.

Reviewed June 19, 2018

Lunch is quite plentiful and delicious. Service was excellent. Ambiance quite fine. So.. we had the lunch special that was quite pentiful and very delicious. Would be happy to come back for dinner

1  Thank cheflady50
Reviewed May 6, 2018

Very cool vibe in the place, dining room is definitely loud as other reviewers have stated, but that's a restaurant doing business (to be encouraged). And there's good reason for it. The avocado/babaganoush mixture is a spin on guacamole worthy of "Ugly Delicious." They have wine from some winery in California, but you can BYOB as well. Solid entrees (I had the beef and lamb Kofta), and excellent Turkish Coffee. Fabulous service too. We will definitely be back, probably for al fresco dining over the summer. Bring a good bottle, the food is worthy of it.

Reviewed April 16, 2018

Decided to venture out to Montclair and grab some lunch. Had no specific place in mind, so when we passed by this restaurant, we decided to hop in and try it out. First of all, the service was great. Very attentive. For appetizer, we got the cold mezze trio of hummus, labne, and avaganoush. I enjoyed the hummus and labne, but am not a fan of babaganoush so i wasn't surprised that I did not like the avagannosh (Babaganoush with avaocado). However, the others in my group said it was delicious. I had the beef shish lunch. The beef was cooked perfect, and the sheppards salad that came with it was excellent. Just the right amount of freshly chopped parsley to make it great and refreshing. The orzo was cooked nice as well. The two dipping sauces they gave were also really good. Can't wait to try this place for dinner soon.

Reviewed April 10, 2018 via mobile

We made reservations and were seated promptly upon arrival.
The volume of the dining room was super loud and we needed to shout to have dinner conversation.
We were a party of 3 and we were given 2 dinner menus and 1 dessert menu. When I stopped the host to advise of the wrong menu being handed, he took the menu and apologized that they had run out of dinner menus. I shared mine with my friend seated next to me.
We opted to order wine. I hadn’t made the reservation myself so I was unaware that it was byob. I would encourage to purchase wine ahead. The wine we purchased was not very good at all. It took me the entire meal to finish 1 glass. For appetizers, we chose halloumi, baba ganoush, and a cheese board of manchego.
The cheese board was generous, the baba ganoush was bland and the halloumi was wrapped in grape leaves which were charred. I removed them as they left a bitter taste.
As we were finished with our apps, no one came to collect our food or plates. A different server came out with our mains attempting to put them down in front of us. Realizing there was no room, we were asked to take our silverware off the plates and pile the plates off to the side to make room for dinner.
We had to seek out servers to fill water glasses. We waited lengthy periods of time to order and to ask for the check. We point blank asked if they were understaffed. We were told yes. Our server was friendly and I can’t fault her for the restaurant being understaffed.
Our mains were better. The dinner salads were large portions with added protein. The dressings were fresh and tasty. The salmon main was a bit dry. The purees accompanying them could have been a bit more flavorful.
Baklava for dessert was delish. Not too syrupy sweet and fresh. Would have taken a box of that home if they sold at door.
I might try again but opt for the cheese board, a dessert salad with added protein for main and baklava for dessert (as well as my own bottle of wine).