“What a fantastic lunch”

Zeugma Mediterranean Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Zeugma Mediterranean Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 232 Restaurants in Montclair
Description: Zeugma Mediterranean Grill & Wine Bar located in Montclair, NJ is well-known for its Mediterranean cuisine.
Reviewed April 16, 2018

Decided to venture out to Montclair and grab some lunch. Had no specific place in mind, so when we passed by this restaurant, we decided to hop in and try it out. First of all, the service was great. Very attentive. For appetizer, we got the cold mezze trio of hummus, labne, and avaganoush. I enjoyed the hummus and labne, but am not a fan of babaganoush so i wasn't surprised that I did not like the avagannosh (Babaganoush with avaocado). However, the others in my group said it was delicious. I had the beef shish lunch. The beef was cooked perfect, and the sheppards salad that came with it was excellent. Just the right amount of freshly chopped parsley to make it great and refreshing. The orzo was cooked nice as well. The two dipping sauces they gave were also really good. Can't wait to try this place for dinner soon.

Reviewed April 10, 2018 via mobile

We made reservations and were seated promptly upon arrival.
The volume of the dining room was super loud and we needed to shout to have dinner conversation.
We were a party of 3 and we were given 2 dinner menus and 1 dessert menu. When I stopped the host to advise of the wrong menu being handed, he took the menu and apologized that they had run out of dinner menus. I shared mine with my friend seated next to me.
We opted to order wine. I hadn’t made the reservation myself so I was unaware that it was byob. I would encourage to purchase wine ahead. The wine we purchased was not very good at all. It took me the entire meal to finish 1 glass. For appetizers, we chose halloumi, baba ganoush, and a cheese board of manchego.
The cheese board was generous, the baba ganoush was bland and the halloumi was wrapped in grape leaves which were charred. I removed them as they left a bitter taste.
As we were finished with our apps, no one came to collect our food or plates. A different server came out with our mains attempting to put them down in front of us. Realizing there was no room, we were asked to take our silverware off the plates and pile the plates off to the side to make room for dinner.
We had to seek out servers to fill water glasses. We waited lengthy periods of time to order and to ask for the check. We point blank asked if they were understaffed. We were told yes. Our server was friendly and I can’t fault her for the restaurant being understaffed.
Our mains were better. The dinner salads were large portions with added protein. The dressings were fresh and tasty. The salmon main was a bit dry. The purees accompanying them could have been a bit more flavorful.
Baklava for dessert was delish. Not too syrupy sweet and fresh. Would have taken a box of that home if they sold at door.
I might try again but opt for the cheese board, a dessert salad with added protein for main and baklava for dessert (as well as my own bottle of wine).

Reviewed March 11, 2018

We recently dined at Zeugma and had a very good all around experience. The place is a bit loud, but tables are well spread out and comfortable. The service was friendly and attentive, and the food solid. The cold spreads are tasty on the warm pitas that are served and the salads are fresh. The lamb chops were good and the salmon very tasty albeit a small portion. It's a BYO, but they also sell some wine - didn't try the wine that is sold there, so can't comment on that aspect.

Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

The decor is a bit funny but the food is really delicious. Attentive service and you can BYO although they sell wine. Will be back!

Reviewed March 4, 2018

I read most of the reviews for this restaurant and couldn't wait to discover the hype. So we went yesterday for dinner and arrived a few minutes early. The restaurant was quite busy and so we had to wait a few minutes before getting seated (BTW, they overbooked the restaurant & hence the reason for slight delay of 15 min). For starters we had the grilled octopus and hummus - both were decent. For entree, we had the salmon (seared) served on a thin bed of hummus with pureed carrots which tasted like baby food. The salmon was quite dry albeit fresh. My wife had the seabass which was charbroiled and overly charred to the point of being bitter. Both entrees were disappointing relative to the other mid-eastern restaurants in town. We also finished with chocolate soufle which was more of a molten lava cake, It was not what we were expecting but nevertheless it was below par. The service was a bit unrefined and could be more organized. So overall, I give it 3 stars.